The Walking Dead: Watch Beth Do Something in the Latest Trailer (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Jan 28, 2014

First of all, Carl is breaking TWO rules in the picture above: Stay in the damn house, and don't look back. Stop acting like a rookie, Carl. Okay, on with the story.

AMC's The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, February 9 to finish off the back half of its fourth season. When we last saw our survivors, it was every man, child, and hammer-wielding psychopath for themselves as a horde of zombies took over the prison and split everyone up. Rick and Carl went one way, Maggie and Glenn went another, and Michonne sliced her way into yet another different path. The relative safety of numbers is a thing of the past, and based on the trailer below, it looks like running is the only option. 

Good, I say! These people aren't here to build campfires and sing old Irish folk songs, they're here to be gnawed on for our entertainment, and the chances of that happening are much better if they don't have 18-foot-high fences separating them from the undead. So thank you, Governor! You sure know how to kick a story into gear. 

One thing I'm excited for from the trailer is the possibility of more screen time for Beth (Emily Kinney). Since being promoted to series regular at the start of Season 4, she's developed a personality and shrugged off the death of her boyfriend. But the trailer above makes it seem like the series is ready to go the extra step and give her her own actual story. Go Beth! 

Also, go Carol! Where's Carol? Carrrrrooollllllllll!

• Comments (19)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ionee24 Jan 29, 2014

To be fair, its the first time Beth is alone without Hershel or Maggie (she doesn't even have Little Ass-kicker to hold on to)

That being said: Where on earth is Carol?! And why is that neither Sasha, Bob nor Lily are featured in any promo?

• MintberryCrunch Jan 29, 2014

As I bitch every time you don't do it, I must say a hearty well done and thank you Tim for posting a video that is accessible outside of the U.S.A.

Let's not make it a one time thing but a recurring theme.

• DirgeNovak Jan 29, 2014

Pretty sure AMC doesn't region-lock any of their promo videos.

• tonyaking5036 Jan 29, 2014

They sure do. Pre-Hola I couldn't watch any promo videos on the AMC website. In fact I had to download the Hola app to watch last year's promos of TWD.

• MintberryCrunch Jan 30, 2014

Yea Hola is a great addition. Don't think I had it on when I watched the video yesterday though.

• MintberryCrunch Jan 29, 2014

Oh and the trailer itself is pretty lacking in any substance but I for one am still excited for it's return.

• darthlapin Jan 29, 2014

If they get rid of Carol, I will stop watching.

• Svanehjerte Jan 28, 2014

I don't want more Beth, I want less. She is the worst and most uninteresting character that's ever been in the show and it's too late to make her relevant now. That ship has sailed. Let her be eaten this season, I say. Please!

• Carla-Wexler Jan 29, 2014

I'd rather have golden boy Daryl bite the dust! It's so unreal how they've turned him into a hero killing machine, just to please those cry wanking groupies of his. I don't need to watch him kill zombies for an hour, just because. I still hate the previous showrunner for killing off Andrea for shock value only, instead of the likes of Daryl. For me, out of every character on that show, he's the most one dimensional one. Sure..Beth was just a baby sitter for a whole season, but now that she's been through some pain and suffering too, she gets to evolve a little bit.

• Svanehjerte Jan 29, 2014

I didn't like Andrea being killed off either, so I am with you on that one, but Daryl - NO WAY! He needs to surivive. ;)

• Haloprogram Jan 28, 2014

seriously I think we're going into the phase of this show when it turns towards greatness, sure me saying this is a huge leap because it hasn't failed to disappoint when the hype was at it's peak but for me this show has been constant entertainment (if you can ignore the boredom that is season 2).
    Season 4 really needs to delve into the comic world and take things from there, make for some interesting arcs that move characters forward and put those worthy of it in-front of the camera more. Now having the freedom of scenery is important to make the atmosphere and to eliminate the feeling of safety, I mean come on, the only times we even got the least nervous was when they where in the prison was when they went out and when there where zombies inside the facility so come on! Bring on the hordes and the feeling of entrapment that make zombies that much scarier!

• marcusj1973 Jan 28, 2014

"Since being promoted to series regular at the start of Season 4, she's developed a personality"

And by developed, you mean a complete departure of her character during the off season? Develop, I thought, meant to grow, to elaborate, to expand. When last we saw Beth at the end of season 3, she was a mousey nobody who barely uttered a word. Cue season 4 and she's a jaded vet of the zombie apocalypse who shrugs off death and hardened by the world around her.

{shrug}

We'll see how much development we get of all characters now that there's nowhere to hide and they have to interact with each other. I'm looking at you, Rick.

• aforte1 Jan 29, 2014

Season 2, she was a scared little girl. The stress of the world around her made her fall into sickness, and consider suicide. She decided not to (thanks Andrea), and try to carry on, however weak she may be. By Season 3, she killed walkers through the fence and was more vocal. She even stopped Merle in a fight and shot a gun at the ceiling, showing how tough she can be. She disciplined Carl more than Lori did, "She's your mother, you can't talk to her that way". By Season 4, she tried to act all hardened, but she was still writing in a diary, and crying over her ad being in the sick ward. She even told Michonne she was being stupid. Would YOU say that to Michonne? She's taken the more domestic role, but now she's on her own, and will have to sink or swim. I hope she's up to the challenge.

• marcusj1973 Jan 29, 2014

I don't blame the actress or the character, but the writers have done her no favours. I think, as you've shown, she has 2-3 scenes of any significance per season and in 3 seasons, we've gone from suicidal to mousey to hardened survivor...which is fine, but, but we haven't been shown any of that. Like Rick becoming a farmer, it just sorta happened.

• mad-pac Jan 28, 2014

Well, she sings beautifully... that's something we can't deny.