Judge, Jury, Executioner

Episode Reviews (21)

Great

Cruelty

By AriSky, Jun 04, 2013

Augh, and Carl turned into a cruel brat. He's been alright up until this episode but now he's just another Shane or Andrea. At least he showed remorse knowing that had he killed that walker, Dale wouldn't have met it. This episode was stunning - really shows how much their senses of morality have deteriorated, and says a lot that it's easier to kill their own (even if it's to end their pain) than it is to kill someone unknown. I'm betting the writers keep Randall around to replace Dale, though no one has the dedication to (or delusion of) hope and goodness he did.moreless

Dale...

By Lostforever, Mar 04, 2013

Dale didn't have to die so cruel.

NO DALE

By pootato, Nov 07, 2012

Dale was my favourite he was literally the best character in existence why did he have to die GOD DAMNIT CARL IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT I actually considered never watching this show again after Dale died but I kept watching and it is actually fantastic BUT DALE WHY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVOURITE.

This review is literally not constructive at all.

2x11 - Judge

By JDML23, Oct 15, 2012

As much as I like Dale, I was actually pretty glad he died because he was getting on my nerves. His lecturing on being human just made me roll my eyes 'cause he seems to forget that humans can be evil. Being human doesn't automatically paint you as a good person and without a civilization with can take care of criminals then the survivors have to make the hard choices. Half-way through the episode I got sick and tired of the entire thing.moreless

He was downright insufferable

By JinTran, Mar 24, 2012

Dale was "sometimes annoying?" He was downright insufferable this whole season! His righteous indignation, marked by his permanent goggle-eyed expression of incredularity grew tiresome almost as soon as they got to the farm. While I applaud his death for my own selfish viewer reasons, I believe it's also a symbolic statement about his big speech moments earlier. Sorry, Dale. There is no civilization anymore. It's kill or be killed, and you've just been killed.

Finally... Just FINALLY

By Aya_VNV, Mar 23, 2012

After the last episode of the first part of S2 I wrote that I've never seen a show go from awesome to total crap in just the turn of one season. Man, S2 was just too painful to watch. Turns out though that this show managed something even more amazing. It went back to awesome just by moving from part 1 to part 2 this season. I am now really glad I kept watching and this is probably the first time ever that I was rewarded for sticking with a show after it started going downhill (how many shows can I mention that never came back? Bones? Numb3rs? Monk? The list goes on)

I'm a little late catching up, mainly cause I just couldn't muster the will to start watching again when part 2 started, but I can't wait to watch the final two episodes.

Oh, and finally.... FINALLY.... DALE IS DEAD!! That imbecile finally got what he deserved. Loved the way he went too. Probably the most satisfactory moment in the whole show. Now all that's left is to get rid of the bitch - Lori. But I'm afraid the writers would be too chicken to get rid of a pregnant woman...moreless

I'm growing a love-hate relationship with this show...

By Muffliatoo, Mar 16, 2012

I can't tell if I'm really impressed with this show or furious about it right now. The episode was good. I know there's a bunch of people getting bored of all the character developments and drama, and I bet even they felt the tension throughout the episode. I absolutely loved the little "court" they had in the farmhouse about how to handle the Randall situation - and Jeffrey DeMunn, what an actor! But the story arc about Carl - I never thought I would loathe a kid that much, even on television. Honestly I had my fair share of dislike focusing Lori - yeah not Shane, not anyone else, but Lori- but now this kid Carl turns out to be even more of a brainless git who harms everything. Maybe, in spite of all his idiotic activities around Randall and that walker, maybe I wouldn't detest him this much if the consequence wasn't Dale's death, but I Ioved Dale so I hope Carl gets what he deserves. After all, I can't consider him as a loveable and vulnerable little child anymore. He's becoming a freak.

That brings me to the question: isn't this a cheap trick for this show? I mean, was it really necessary to kill Dale off in such a meaningless, trivial way? It's like they're mocking his wisdom and consciousness by killing him as a result of a stupid -and apparently cruel- kid's actions. And now all the fans are so pissed off that they will watch it desperately until they see some kind of punishment. Yay ratings!

Ok, deep breath...

Well, to be fair, most likely I'm wrong about this and it will develop the storyline and maybe even gain some meaning in time. And I never thought that there was an unnecessary development in this show - not even in the first part of Season 2 when everyone was bored. But I just can't get over the fact that sweet, wise Dale is gutted because of that freak Carl.moreless

Dale is dead :( The most likeable character out of the whole group just had to be killed... that's just great

By tigerdude22, Mar 12, 2012

The situation about what to do with Randall is dividing the survivors. Daryl takes on the job of extracting information from Randall that reveals a new threat to the group. Dale goes about the group trying to convince the not to execute Randall. I thought that this was a good episode of "The Walking Dead". It's not as good as last week's episode but I still liked it. There is a reason why my score couldn't be higher though. This episode has a well done storyline and the characters were good here. I'm glad that we are starting to see more zombies and I just loved the scene with the kid and the zombie. That was close that zombie didn't get the kid. The scene when Rick decided not to execute that Randall character was cool as well. My score is a low because it was a little boring in a few parts but my score went super super low because the most likeable character out of the group had to be killed off of this show. That's right, the character that died at the very end of the episode was Dale. Poor Dale and it was really sad to see him go. A zombie came out of nowhere and attacked Dale. The group wanted to try to save Dale before he was a goner but they said that there was nothing they can do about it. Rick was about to shoot Dale but he couldn't so then Carl aims the gun in Dale's head, he tells Dale "Sorry, brother" and then it blacks out and you hear a gunshot (which ended the episode). My score was low for that reason, I even cried a little because I really liked Dale. Yeah, it was very hard to see Dale get killed off. I wished that they killed Shane instead because that character is very irritating and has anger issues. Overall, a good episode of "The Walking Dead" but Dale being killed at the very end of the episode is what really lowered my score though. 7/10moreless

The good and the bad

By DeepSecret, Mar 10, 2012

Ok,

First the good: Andrew Lincoln is an amazing actor and deserves an award for his portrayal of Rick Grimes.

I mean, someone just give the man an award already. He's doing such a spectacular job playing leader, father and whatnot that it's hard to see him not getting some recognition somewhere sometime. The dude is good and this episode said it more than any. If there is anything about this show worth its buck, Andrew Lincoln is it .

Now,

The Bad: This season is all over the place, and its showing.

Its either too much drama, or too much talk, or too much romance, or too much gore or too much...... you get the point.

I mean cmon. Is consistency failing here. I've pointed this out before, and yet somehow it slips by. In this episode alone we have one heck of an intelligent, determined zombie who used a deer as bait and stealth to kill Dale, but at the same time, the rest are incapable of thinking and growing?

Aren't we bending the rules here somewhat? Where's the consistency?

If we are to believe this is a post apocalyptic world, is going out far away towards the forest-In the dead night-Alone-Without backup-Without even someone watching, supposed to be a point of intelligence in this series? Again, where is the consistency?

Face it, without the gore, without the suspense of a zombie attacking or for that matter without the whole "lets kill him lets not", this show would have had us sleeping ages ago.

I don't know about you, but this season is a Mess.

moreless

'Cause I'm broken

By ionee24, Mar 09, 2012

The worst is over now ...or so it seems when the Atlanta group holds an impromptu trial to decide what to do with Randall after he confesses to come from a line of rapists and thieves, Dale makes a pretty good case on behalf of their long lost humanity, but its Carl's attitude what convinces his father that, killing the living, would only make them as bad as the walkers.

As Dale acknowledges what Carol sees in Daryl, Daryl recognizes the truth in Dale's point of view, having exchanged what Rick & Carl can't voice out right before Dale's ribcage is, literally, broken emphasizing Daryl just how broken this group has become too.moreless

Load More Reviews