The Walking Dead

Show Reviews (243)

Great

Best show on television!

By roonay3k, Sep 08, 2014

How people can dislike this is beyond my comprehension. With so much crap on TV these days this is one of the few gems left on television. This is right up there with Game of thrones & The Strain. Can't wait for the new season to start!

No More Gay Talk On The Walking Dead, Put Up or Shut Up

By FurielEmidius, Aug 28, 2014

Quite frankly it has been severely played out. We get it Daryl or

someone may (or may not) be gay. The truth is we are over it. I cannot

tell you how many emails and replies I get here at The Walking Dead Update complaining that every other article has to do with who may be gay.

You should have played the Beth and Daryl story out a little more. At

least then you may have kept people's interest a little longer, and who

doesn't love a romance? If that were for some unknown reason not

feasible (this is after all fiction), then playing off the chance of his

death will have worked just as well.

It's like a dog with a boneit just would not let it go. You received

a ton of exposure (positive at first), but that ship has sailed.

People are sick of hearing about it. So it's time to put up or really

just shut the hell up about it. Let me let you in on a little secret, '

sometimes people are gay'. WOW, what a revelation that must have been.

If it was a just a publicity blitz, good on you. Yet I'm not sure the

response will be positive anymore. If it's just a stunt, you played it

out way too long! The novelty has worn off!

So you AMC execs it's time to let the cat out of the bag, or just

admit there was no cat to start with. We are your fans, WE make the

show, not you. We are not your pawns to move as you see fit just to see

what happens. It's time to come clean, the show is almost on and we have

waited long enough. Hell, it's not like it would be a world ending

spoiler. Think of it as a gift to all your loyal fansplain and simple!

I hope this was not too harsh, but I have readers to answer to as well. AND let's be honest, it really is time for the truth!

- Owner The Walking Dead Updatemoreless

Something funny happened in the way to good TV

By Pnascimento, Aug 27, 2014

Writers started thinking that an overdose of vampires and zombies is what I want to watch every week. I wonder what is missing in TV right now, creativity or time to think this through.

Great tv series

By mathewrushton1, Aug 26, 2014

I think it be great if they made more seasons after season 5 and it will follow the comics as well and I heard they got 130 comics to print so far and I really enjoy watching the show and I got it DVD up to season 3 and then by September 29th I have season 4 on DVD and so give us more seasons to watch plz

The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

By Tss50782625, Aug 10, 2014

I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what I like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friends house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is fucking who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better.moreless

Decent Zombie Show

By demariusbridg, Jul 25, 2014

I've never really been a fan of zombie films because they're usually so cheesy and clichd. But the walking dead changed that.

It's full of drama and action, and I liked most of the episodes. I didn't care much for Season 3, but it was still pretty good.

Although most of the characters can be annoying at times, they do it in a way that you can look past it. Its a good show to watch with friends and family(if your family likes seeing people's throats being devoured).

AMC needs to air more shows like this and Breaking Bad in the future.moreless

Best SHOW EVER.

By nickhughes773, Jun 28, 2014

Great show, amazing plot. But WHAT HAPPENED TO BETH?!?!?!

The Walking Dead Rocks

By annjoewhite, Jun 18, 2014

I don't like zombies movies but TWD is the shit, totally awesome show. I am so going through with draws. But serious great show you guys Rocked on this one. Keep it going .

TWD: Is it worth watching?

By nath2x, May 29, 2014

The first season was great, really great but as the seasons progressed it lost its "juice" but it is 'entertaining". In reality I know that people die but the characters in the story itself just kept on dying and dying one after the other. There would always be deaths and new characters and it's hard to get a hold of the stability of the group and each of their characters but I guess it gives a whole new "feel" to the story itself.

Visual effects - 8 out of 10 stars

characters - 6 out of 10 stars

story - 6 out of 10 stars

entertainment - 7 out of 10 starsmoreless

a new view on life

By mras97, May 20, 2014

immaculate. that is the one word to depict this series. before i viewed the pilot episode, i was extremely biased. i am not a huge fan of gore or zombies, and i can say i was very uninterested with very low expectations. currently almost through with season 4, all i can say is wow. just wow. this show has influenced me in every way possible. the emotional attachment i have in association to the walking dead is nearly ridiculous. after i finished the pilot episode, i was curious, but not hooked- by the end of season 1 i was left wanting more, and boy, was i satisfied. simply a beautifully executed show; i could probably write a novel of a review going on about how much i cherish this show. yes, there have been a few weak spots (*cough cough* but never have i given up hope that these brilliant writers will fail to complete a great episode/season. the character developments on this show has seemed to outshine everything else. there has been AT LEAST one stellar episode per season, and in my opinion, that defines a truly epic television series.

if you even care about my opinion (just an excuse to babble on) my 3 favorites have been the killer within, internment, and too far gone.moreless

Load More Reviews