The Walking Dead

Show Reviews (234)

Great

despite the weak finale - can't wait for the return in fall

By LNB-1337, 3 days ago

The finale of the 4th season was abrupt and dissatifying. The whole show though is very good, entertaining, and offers a very deep and interesting character development. Everyone who can wrap their head around a world wide zombie scenario will love this show and the near realistic setting and story line. Especially the strong characters are convincing and breathe life into the story. It should be 10 points for season 1-3 but a few little weak bumps in the 4th seasons story development justify the loss of 0.5 points. I really hope this show lasts for a few more seasons.moreless

You all Seem to OVER ANALYZE!!!!

By scarlet54, Apr 10, 2014

It's a show which is meant to entertain & take people away from the realities of every day life.

I love TWD and the cast, each season seems to get more and more intense.

STOP taking every episode and analyzing the crap out of it, it's fantasy not reality and if you're going to disect it to pieces then STOP watching it and let those of us who truly appreciate TWD and the great characters and special effects ENJOY the show!!! :)moreless

!~HD!@Watch Duck Commander 500 NASCAR Texas Live free Sprint Cup Race 2014 Watch Stream Online

By shamim8gb, Apr 07, 2014

Probably you are waiting to Enjoy Duck Commander 500 NASCAR Texas Live Sprint Cup Race Texas Motor Speedway 2014 Watch Stream Online Official Satellite HD TV Fox Sports on Laptop , PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Mobile, Android and many more device in easily. No need to Additional hardware required to Watch online. You can watch the big racing game world wide 160 Country such as UNITED STATES, UK, FRANCE, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, GERMANY, NORWAY, DENMARK, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, SPAIN, IRELAND, ITALY, SWITZERLAND, NEW ZEALAND, UAE, NETHERLANDS, GREECE, HONG KONG, SOUTH AFRICA, RUSSIA, JAPAN, MEXICO,AUSTRIA WITH 160 COUNTRY WORLD WIDE. SO DON`T MISS ANY ACTION OF NASCAR 2014 ANY EVENTS ONLINE. So don`t worry , visit below this site to watch live stream online now

Click here to Watch Live

Visit below this site To watch live

original

NASCAR makes its first visit of the season to Texas Motor Speedway to highlight this weekend's racing calendar that also includes the Whelen Modified and Southern Modified Tours as well as the World of Outlaws in action.

For the first time in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup era, a season has started with six winners in six races. The last time there were seven different winners in the first seven races was 2003.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE

Laps:3 34

Track Length: 1.5 miles

Race Length: 501.00 miles

Watch Live on Fox Sports

Based on driver rating at Texas Motor Speedway, each of the favorites heading into the Duck Commander 500 is winless this year, potentially equaling that mark from 11 years ago and moving NASCAR closer to an all-time mark. The record for different winners to start the season is 10, in 2000.

Over the last five years and 10 races at the Great American Speedway, only last spring's winner (Kyle Busch) and the fall 2009 winner (Kurt Busch) have wins this year. So recent history is on the side of a seventh consecutive different winner to start 2014.

Here is a look at winless drivers through six races of the this season who have done well at Texas in previous years.

Jimmie Johnson

Tied with Carl Edwards for the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wins at the track with three, Johnson, the top Chevrolet driver at the track, has won two of the last three Texas races. Among all drivers at Texas, he is second only to Matt Kenseth in average finish (8.7) and driver rating (106.4). He has a series-best 488 fastest laps run and 66.4 percent of quality passes, or passing a car running in the top 15 under a green flag.

Matt Kenseth

The two-time Texas winner leads all drivers at the track with 19 lead-lap finishes, 775 laps led, 13 top-five finishes and is tied with Johnson for most top 10s with 16. Although both wins came in Fords, Kenseth leads the way for Toyota this weekend. He has the top driver rating of 107.2 with a series-best 4,827 laps in the top 15 or 80.1 percent of all laps run there over the last 18 races. Among all Cup drivers at Texas, he has the best average finish (8.3) and finished fourth in last fall's Chase race at the track.

Greg Biffle

Third on the driver rating list at 101.8, Biffle has two Texas wins, and another will extend Jack Roush's win total to 10, doubling nearest competitor Rick Hendrick's five wins at the track. Biffle also will attempt to add onto Ford's track-leading 11 wins. On the way to his April 2012 triumph, he set the Cup record for the fastest race at the track with an average speed of 160.577 mph, completing the 500 miles in 3 hours, 7 minutes and 12 seconds. He finished fourth in this race last season.

Denny Hamlin

Only the second driver to sweep both races in a season with his 2010 feat matching the mark Edwards set in 2008, Hamlin is fourth on the all-time list with a 10.7 average finish. After Brian Vickers finished eighth in the No. 11, sitting in for the car's primary driver in this race last year, Hamlin finished seventh in the fall race at Texas. Joe Gibbs Racing put all three of its cars in the top 13 in both of last year's races at the track with, Kyle Busch winning last spring's event.

Tony Stewart

Fifth on the Texas driver rating list at 99.1, Stewart has led a series-best 12.5 percent of the laps led over the last 17 races at the track. Stewart is third on the all-time laps led list at Texas with 727, behind Kenseth (775) and Biffle (727). Stewart missed the fall race last year with an injury, but won in 2011 for his second Cup victory at the track. After back-to-back top-five finishes at Bristol Motor Speedway and Auto Club Speedway, he finished 17th at Martinsville Speedway but should bounce back at the track where he has an annual "Smoke Show" for fans at the facility

click heremoreless

Terrible Season Finale

By MSC1313, Mar 31, 2014

With the exception of a handful of episodes I am so damn tired of the writers drawn out character transformation of Rick. After an entire season of wandering aimlessly struggling with manic depression somehow Rick miraculously transforms inside of 1 day back to the old "kick ass and take names" Rick of the past? What a waste of a season. The writers are obviously relying heavily upon their assumed ignorance of the fan base and our obvious inability to follow a more realistic story line. And what the hell is up with Mr. Mullet scientist? Really? would take him seriously any day.moreless

Terrible Finale

By sfackerell, Mar 31, 2014

what about Beth, And Carol and doesn't ask about Judith first thing and Maggie doesn't ask about Beth fist ... I think we may be looking at a Hero's type future.

Rare Gems and The Suspension of Disbelief.

By Upslider, Mar 31, 2014

I only started watching TWD 4 days ago, and I'm half way through season 4 now. I have only a few opinions to share, not that my opinions are worth the time it will take to write them, but that's the beauty of having opinions.

1. The Apocalypse Is Enough.

My main problem with this show is simple: It's an apocalypse. With zombies. Seriously, it isn't made more interesting by the shallow self-inflicted drama the writers keep throwing in, and they seem to have a REALLY low opinion of women in general. In almost every episode, or at the very least in every detour the show takes over a few episodes, there's whole chunks of screen time given to utterly inane drama that is so irrelevant and unbelievable that I truly think most of these characters are too selfish, short-sighted and stupid to have survived as long as they have.

I spent more than half of Lori and Andrea's screen time yelling "Just kill her!" at my screen, and cheered in both instances when they died. The writers have made me hate half the surviving human beings altogether... if that was their intention then my hat is off to them, but I suspect it was not. In fact, according to this show, there's only one rule for surviving a zombie apocalypse: immediately kill all the women that the zombies haven't killed already. This will extend your lifespan immeasureably.

Solution: Add more emotional 'music video' scenes if your episode isn't filled with enough actual story to meet the time slot requirement. Just cut out the soap opera entirely!

Perfect example: 35 minutes into episode 13 of season 3. Both sides driving back to their respective camps after the big pow-wow between Rick and the Govenor, followed by each side's 'character revelation' as they discuss and plan their next moves. It's set to an amazing song (Fink - Warm Shadow) and it is very powerful. It carries the whole episode.

2. World's Worst Veterans.

The second, but arguably more valid issue with this show is the utterly (and I mean Completely! Totally! Utterly!) unbelievable way the characters can only fight as well as the short term plot requires for any given scene.

For example, when they first take the prison at 10 minutes into episode 1 season 3 , there are less than ten of them against anywhere from fifty to a hundred walkers, yet they clear the place in an afternoon. It is even remarked upon by the prisoners later... but after the outer fence is breached during the attack by Woodbury they are incapable of retaking the area despite having more people, more weapons and a safe base from which to operate.

Michonne can cut her way through 20 zombies in 30 seconds whenever it pleases her, yet she gets taken down by just three of them 12 minutes into episode 2 of season 4... all so we can have a little bit of drama with Carl having to use a gun again to save her. It's cheap theatrics, and it only makes the next awesome fight scene completely unbelievable. Throughout the show they keep getting taken down by their own ineptitude, only to be saved at last second in some dramatic fashion.

I've seen almost every one of the lead characters make a running headshot at 30 feet with a handgun, yet during the attack by Woodbury on the prison at 35 minutes into episode 10 of season 3, it takes something ridiculous like a hundred rounds from three people before someone manages to hit a stationery and silhouetted guy on top of the watchtower using scoped rifles and assault weapons!

In the scene that Rick and Carl defend the courtyard from the wave of walkers that come through the fence at 35 minutes into episode 5 of season 4, how many did the two of them kill? They had no more skill, experience or hardware then than they did at other times, yet whole groups of these expert killers have been chased down and almost beaten by tiny packs of walkers, supposedly leaving you breathless with the suspense of how close they live to the very edge of death. The only reason I am breathless is from vehemently cursing at the show's failure to suspend my disbelief.

Solution: Give the survivors some credibility by killing non essential characters when they make stupid mistakes or bad calls, but stop making us feel like the leads are only alive by chance and circumstance. They're a year or more into an apocalypse for heaven's sake!

3. See No Zombie, Hear No Zombie.

Finally, the extremely cheap suspense the writers try to eke out of having a zombie sneak up on, for example, Beth in the woods after the escape from the prison or Andrea in the woods heading for the prison after escaping Woodbury is so badly written it hurts my brain. Experienced hunters can sneak through woods. Ninjas can sneak through woods. Hell, I could probably sneak through woods if I was slow and patient. Zombies? No.

Zombies cannot sneak, they cannot even detect and avoid spikes, pits or ANYTHING at all between them and their next meal. Any human being that fails to detect a zombie coming at them through the woods until said zombie is close enough to grab at them needs to die immediately and horribly for being so very very bad at what HAS to be the easiest part of surviving an apocalypse: hearing a brain dead walking corpse staggering through noisy terrain in your direction while groaning and breathing heavily.

Solution: Raise the minimum IQ requirement of your target demographic by 15 points.

So, why do I watch this show? For one reason only... small gems of brilliance that speak to something primal inside of me, and leave me squarely and believably smack in the middle of the most terrifying future imaginable: a world gone to hell, hunted by an implacable enemy that will never stop, fighting for survival at every step with very little of anything but shock, horror and loss in between, but all the more precious when it is found.

If only those gems weren't quite so rare.moreless

BEST CREATION EVER!!!!!!!!!

By taryndodson3, Mar 28, 2014

THIS SHOW GIVES ME SO MANY NERD GASMS I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!!!!!!

It's not the Walking Dead, it's this show is almost dead.

By Annare1959, Mar 23, 2014

Will someone do something to save what was once a great show. I understand the series is trying to "set up" to the reunion but its been so slow this season that I could come close to saying it has reached boring. But before I go there, let me acknowledge that each episode has had a twist and a few minutes making it redeemable. However, I pray they get back to the original shows where the entire hour was nail biting, hair pulling on the edge of your seat worth watching. Sorry Mika died, it would have been more intense if the struggle would have been shown and Mika ended up having to kill her sister but as it was it was worthy of the past seasons. I am sick of each of the parties dragging on and on, I am sick of hearing Maggie whine, Carol being so superior and sure of herself and most of all I am sick of not seeing Rick. Come on producers give us back our show and make the storyline what it used to be. We can not continue to admire and look forward to the show if you drag it out like this. .moreless

cool

By abbygrys, Mar 16, 2014

i love it

You would also choose a house instead of the woods, wouldn't you ;)

By maxon1303, Mar 10, 2014

Dear film crew - location, location, location - we are all full now, of THAT road, THAT rail road track and THOSE woods. Human logic - no one would ever ever ever ever sleep in the open in the woods under the circumstances ! Didn't you learn that in s01 and s02, with your rediculous "tent fetish".

You have such a good premise with the show. Please give the characters - if nothing else - just an average human intelligence ;) and let them laugh once in a while (of their own tragic situation maybe)

You can do even better....moreless

Load More Reviews