Save the Last One

Episode Reviews (19)

Great

Shane Gotta Pay

By dreamgoat, Nov 13, 2013

Episode was about a daring escape from the high school with the medical supplies. Things started getting bad and Shane had to make a decision in my book a pretty cold one if I may add. Shane makes it back with the supplies and what a shock Otis is not there, that's when I knew this the truth. With the supplies they manage to save the boy and he's stable. Lori ask Shane to stay and this guy is getting more and more to the dark side, in my book its like having one of the dead in your group destroying from within. Oh, yea still looking for the girl . WHY DON'T ANYONE HAVE MACHINE GUNS!!!!moreless

Antihero

By AriSky, Apr 19, 2013

Now THAT was an episode! I'm bored to tears of Carl's surgery and Sophia being lost, but Carl's loss of humanity is really great character development. I've disliked him from the beginning, but there is something to be said about the person you love to hate. I get the feeling he won't be sticking around for very much longer, but I'm looking forward to what he does before he goes. Whew!

The group splits up, for a while

By opalemeraldcat, Mar 14, 2013

Some things I didn't like, yeah, some things I selected with my fork and pushed them far to the side of my TV plate. For instance, the doc being a vet, some lack of attention on Glenn (why didn't he want to go, again? I also didn't totally get the last time with that girl whose name I can't recall), and I couldn't hear most of the story about Shane. THE WALKERS WERE DISTRACTING.

That said, I think there was some good staging, some good planning, on the producers/directors/whatevers' part. I knew Darryl and Andrea would get along. I like him more and more. I actually like that they haven't found Sophie yet, it's more realistic. Dealing with last season's finale's philosophical burden was great, I still can't get that out of my head. Is it because you are on a binge and just watched it a few hours ago? No brain, please shut up. Also, Shane--I suppose there's got to be that kind of a guy, hasn't there? The walkers are, in their own sweet way, just grisly obstacles for our pack. I'm hoping he does split up from the group now. I've really been trying to see from his point of view, but that sequence where he shot Otis in the knee, then had to commit by struggling, slashing at his face, shooting him again... It was chilling. I would never have guessed why he was shaving his head in the beginning.

A few final notes: Find Sophie! Next episode is a good time! Or find her? Hmm. Also, I really hope T-Dog doesn't die but I've got THAT FEELING about him. I also got THAT FEELING for Dale this episode, and I'm glad I was wrong and he didn't go into the woods after Andrea and Darryl. And finally, can someone openly and out loud acknowledge Murryl (or whatever) just decided to drive past them and screw them all? That's not gonna happen, but I started my binge about 48 hours ago and I hold a grudge for up to 106.

That's all folks.moreless

Save Shane

By Lostforever, Mar 03, 2013

Shane wouldn't just shoot a man and leave him to be eaten. They had time to get away, both of them. Don't let Shane become a bigger asshole than he already is...

I liked Darryl and Andrea in the woods. I think they got a connection. But let them find Sophie already, it's getting boring. Even though I fell from my seat a couple of times, damn those things can be scary. :p

2x03 - Save the Last One

By JDML23, Oct 15, 2012

I was yawning through this episode and really arching my eyebrows at Shane. But yay on zombies attacking again.

Show is relying too much the "Suspense Factor" so much so that episodes feel like they're being written around the chance to be suspense-ful rather than a good story.

By DeepSecret, Dec 02, 2011

Sorry to disagree with everyone here but the episode was boring.

Seriously think about it - How many of you knew this was going to be how the episode ended while watching the last episode?

How many of you knew that something was always be going to be around the corner for about the happen?

And thats just the thing - This is season 2. Expectations are higher now considering that we didnt have any for season 1. But now that we're in season 2, things are different.

How much more "Oh shit a zombie I didnt see" moments are we going to have?

There is just too much reliance on suspense, the show is starting to get boring.moreless

By thefanof, Nov 28, 2011

The show is still incessant on trying to be Lost, trying to have these philosophical choices, but the only difference (other than that show's writing being vastly superior) is that it was not always predictable. We knew exactly what was going to happen tonight, but I do applaud the show for at least showing some signs of villainous behavior as they could benefit from someone being bad, other than the zombies, someone almost being Sawyer-like, to continue the comparisons.

The stuff with the kid though was really dull. Not needed, not entertaining.moreless

Slowest and weakest episode of Season 2 so far but it's still great

By tigerdude22, Nov 09, 2011

The Greene Family and the Grimes family wait for Otis and Shane to return with the medical supplies for Carl. Meanwhile, Shane and Otis find themselves trapped in a school with hungry walkers waiting to eat them. Finally, Daryl and Andrea continue the hunt for Sophia. I thought that this was a great episode of "The Walking Dead". Okay, if you users were complaining that last week's episode was slow. Try watching this episode, now I have to admit that this episode was slow. It is a great episode and that's why it got a great score but my score is low because this episode was very slow and pretty boring in some part. At least this episode isn't as slow or boring as the Season 4 Premiere of "Breaking Bad". Now that was super slow and boring episode. Not to compare "TheWalking Dead" to "Breaking Bad" since I love to watch "Breaking Bad". Anyways, the storyline to this episode was pretty good. The zombie scenes are (of course) the most entertaining parts of this episode. The last 5 minutes with Shane flashback to what happened to Otis and the zombies eating him was also very good and it looks like Shane shaved his head since he looked like he felt bad leaving Otis behind or he just did it because he is angry at him for shooting his son. Overall, I hope next week's episode is better but I still liked this episode. 8/10moreless

Poor Otis!

By craftyfox, Nov 05, 2011

i had no idea that Shane would leave Otis behind, much less shoot him to get away. The poor fellow was just trying to make up for shooting the kid. Then again Shane had to get the medical supplies back before it was toolate, so was there any other way? are they grooming Shane to be the new bad guy?

Load More Reviews