Secrets

Good
7.9

Morning After

By AriSky, May 16, 2013

Just leave her already. Lory's getting off so, so, so easy. I'm worried that Dale's time is coming, that he'll either be Shane's next victim or the walkers will get him. I'm getting the feeling either Maggie will join the group or Glenn will stay behind. Slow episode overall.

This time better than last two episodes

By Bodmrazu2, Oct 30, 2012

In this episode there was a lot of interaction between characters and it was not about banalities. Some secrets from recent past were revealed. First Rick found out about affair between Shane and his wife, Dale confronted Shane that he saw him pointing a gun at Rick and he knew what happened with Otis, even though I do not know how he can be sure about this matter.

Herschel feeds the walkers in the barn with chicken and I considered if walkers have to eat, because they cannot die, they are already dead. Maybe Hershel and his family think they will feel better eating some live meat. The crisis with walkers could be contained better if it was possible to starve the walkers out.

Searching for Sofia seems to be not the highest priority, because there was time for Glenn to go twice to the town to get condoms and other stuff. They do not use all forces to it, but the more time it lasts, the lesser the probability that she is alive.

I do not understand why Glenn and Dale should know about Loris pregnancy and she does not tell her husband. He has the right to decide and also take responsibility for potential abortion. It is strange that he knew about her affair with Shane but there was not any signal when he realised it.

Shane and Andrea got intimate as could be expected. And Dale confronted Shane with his recent bad acts. What does he want to gain from this discussion, it is apparant that Shane becomes his dangerous enemy.

When I compare this episode with the best episodes in season 1, which would get the 10/10, this episode is by two points worse.

moreless

2x08 - Secrets

By JDML23, Oct 15, 2012

OMG, this episode was so boring. The only thing which rescued it from a lower rating from me was the ending.

In a fictional world of endless possible story lines and plot twists, predictable and political instead. If you missed this one you didn't miss anything zombie related.

By SciFiGroupie, Jul 08, 2012

With the wealth of potential story lines available this was disappointing to see so early on ... in the vernacular I believe this is what is known as "jumping the shark."

Another episode on the farm listening to them whine and snivel about the unfairness and injustice of it all *yawn,* Rick Grimes shows he's a proud cuckold in a fancy new skirt and not one but two Hollywood kook left talking points made.

First the absurdity of anyone in a situation like this objecting to guns or learning how to defend themselves with one should be apparent to anyone and the over the top hyper-sexual response from Andrea's after her first zombie shoot is about as cliche as it gets. Now the idea of the original farm members never having had to put down a walker jut looks dumb.

Not content with getting in the - psycho sexual cliche about gun owners the writers feel to pile on with the pro-abortion it's her choice commentary. Guess the pro-gay, pro-union and anti-conservative/Republican episodes won't be far behind in this now meandering mess - can't wait to see how they get in a dig at Sarah Palin...

Oh wait, yes I can. Get ready to stick a fork in this series it's almost done as the writers have already clearly lost their way and probably deviated to far from the essentials to recover.moreless

joshua

By joshuafraire, Jun 27, 2012

a good show

Turning into a Soap Opera

By dreamgoat, Feb 14, 2012

I just don't know what to say they were some good moments mainly the ending. Thought Rick not knowing the truth was waited to long thought that should have been season 1 and moved on to bigger things. Shane is a true killer in the making hell I even saw it in the first episode he just had the vibe that he was no good and would be trouble and also knew he wasn't a true friend. I don't know about anyone else but Rick wasn't out that long for Lori to act out like that, obviously for loving Rick was a question before Shane came into the picture. Rick has to stop being so gullible and start painting the canvas to get a good idea about whats going on around him. The most stupidest thing in this show I think is the Sophia arc, it is poorly written and even after 3 episodes back than trying to find her I thought was way too much. Now were pretty good into season 2 and still not even good leads, the characters don't really seem to care that much anyhow except Rick. I have no idea what the writers are thinking either she shows up like the dead zombies or dead or found either one would be good, but the writers basically made not care anymore which was quite dramatic in episode 1. But wasting energy on something the viewers know that nothing will happen but some zombie target practice and wild sex. It's sad their using Sophia like this.moreless

By thefanof, Nov 29, 2011

This show just starts to get more painful to watch by the week. Not good painful like an awkward episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, but bad painful like why am I watching this over Sunday Night Football?

The acting is atrocious here, and usually you don't notice it because of the concept of the show, but it was really on display tonight as they had the emotional "learning" how to shoota weapon scene, and then of course the revelation of the baby and the affair. Let's just say this is one AMC drama that won't have any actors get nominated during Emmy season.

Just a dull episode, especially considering it was the penultimate offering.moreless

They actually added a little more zombies and suspense just like I want but this show still has the stupid drama between the characters that I honestly don't care about

By tigerdude22, Nov 29, 2011

Revelations begin to come out among the members of the group. Shane teaches Andrea how to fire a weapon but the desire to put the past behind him and focus on survival eats at him. Glenn wrestles with keeping his secret about the barn Walkers from the group. Lori confides in Dale about her pregnancy. With the season ending next Sunday or this Sunday. I already have the season finale in my DVR but I'll have to watch it tomorrow MAYBE depending if I'm in the mood to be bored and disappointed. This episode was good and they actually added more zombies and a little more suspense towards the end of the episode which I liked. I still hate watching the stupid drama between the characters since I don't care about that at all. This is suppose to be a horror/suspense show, NOT a drama show. The very ending with the whole pregnancy was painful to watch as well since again... the character's constant drama bores me. The season is ending and I honestly say that this whole season has been a complete disappointment and it's painful to watch. I don't even think I want to Season 3 next year because I'm worried that it will be the same as boring ol' Season 2 with less zombies and more stupid and boring drama. Overall, a good episode of "The Walking Dead" but the stupid drama with the characters lowered my score. 7/10moreless

Sophia....Sophia who?

By beowulf579, Nov 29, 2011

The most earthshattering thing about this episode is how they pretty much abandoned the Sophia arc.

Carol let Lori sleep, a woman who as far as Carol knows is perfectly healthy enough to go searching for Sophia. After all, Lori and company went searching once for her.

The whole cast and crew are off practicing with their weapons. Ok, that makes some sense but does everyone have to be doing it at the same time? Couldn't they send out two or three to go looking a bit?

Lori sends two of the most adaptive characters, which includes Maggie that was actually raised in the area to go after...not Sophia...but pills to abort her pregnancy.

Touching on Glenn and Maggie....thank goodness they didn't decide to get it on this time. I hope though that the experience might shake Maggie enough to realize just how dangerous Walkers are.

Shane and Andrea...it makes sense in a way. Andrea seems to like the dangerous side of things right now and Shane is def the way to go. I liked Dale talking to Shane, but Shane is near nuts Dale. If he is willing to point a gun at Rick...he def won't have a problem pointing it at you.

The biggest lead balloon revelation came from Lori. In that Rick already knew she and Shane has gotten together.

Overall, I liked the episode but I agree with others that they just don't seem all focused on staying alive or finding Sophia effectively. Carl was a highpoint in that you can see some major developing in his future.moreless

Okay, something is coming, or this show has jumped the sharks. Either way, its big.

By DeepSecret, Nov 29, 2011

I'll admit to having read some reviews before posting this.

Now, in the last couple of weeks, we've all seen the show steadily go from bore to boring. Geez, seriously, does the hype and drama get anyone anymore?

I mean, even I said it.

But here's the thing. This episode was different. Yes, it was boring, but if you look closely, there might be a possible hint that something is coming.

Something really jaw-dropping-we-didn't-see-it-coming, or something really ass dumb. Either way, somethings about to go down.

Here's why:

1) Sophia's been gone too longWe're all getting to comfortable to the point we're not blown away by the show. Maybe this is intentional to really rattle our cages later when the shebang comes.

2) Zombies in a churchFollow me on this - Remember how on the first eps there were zombies sitting in church? If they were dead, how did they know they were in a church, and should sit down ? Are zombies showing intelligence?

3) Zombies are mutatingWalker in a well developing gills? Are they mutating/evolving?

Like I said, something is coming. Judging from current pace of show, it will either make or break this show. Lets see.moreless

Load More Reviews