The Waltons

Show Reviews (19)

Great

RIP Ralph Waite

By AndyDauplaise, Feb 14, 2014

I just learned that yesterday afternoon that Ralph Waite passed away. You were a great father to those kids and a great actor. You'll be missed.

Get your nicknames correct!

By skippercollecto, Nov 23, 2012

I have read many derogatory reviews of "The Waltons" over the decades. However, the ones that have been written since the Internet became commonplace are the most annoying. Writing a well-researched critique is one thing. Making fun of something you don't like is something else, especially if it's not been researched at all!

To all those who dislike "The Waltons":

It is "Little House on the Prairie" in which the children refer to their parents Caroline and Charles as "Ma" and Pa". In "The Waltons" the children refer to their parents Olivia and John as "Mama" and "Daddy".

I've seen this mistake made at Television Without Pity, the IMDb and TV.com a number of times.

P.S. I do love "The Waltons" and have since its debut.moreless

I never want to see dungarees again...

By dogfood_uk, Oct 30, 2012

The best part of this show? "Goodnight John Boy"! At least then I knew the agony was over...

actors hair styles

By novacain66, Oct 30, 2012

I always liked watching the shows but this is supposed to be in the 1930's and each of the actors had 70's hair styles. This distracted me from the show being believable.

confused

By lindahardy3434, Jul 16, 2012

i love watching the waltons but after watching last nite thanxgiving rerun and listening to earl hammer all those years telling us what happens at end of each show does not coinside sometimes and confuses me

Only One Goof that I found with this show.

By MelMel11, Nov 25, 2011

I love this show, and I loved the Reunion shows. But the only thing I found wrong was the timing of everything. They are supposed to be celebrating Easter, which is in April. But John Boy is reporting on the Moon Landing. They landed on the Moon on July 20th not in April. Other than that, it was a nice movie.

I always enjoyed "The Waltons", and considered it a more modern version of "Little House on the Prairie".

By Lady_Lancaster, Oct 12, 2011

Olivia and John Walton and their many children were a delight to watch as they all spent their lives growing and learning on Walton's Mountain.

My favourite character was John Boy and I thought that Richard Thomas did an excellent job of portraying him. I also adored the Baldwin sisters, the lines they had and the scenes they played in were just exquisite and never failed to bring a smile or a full-on laugh.

The trials and tribulations of life during The Great Depression and then World War II were very carefully scripted and it was just as easy to cry as it was to laugh as we followed their lives.

Fantastic family drama with the acting skill and great scripts which were part of many 1970s television shows.moreless

The Waltons

By crftyms49, Oct 12, 2011

Now here is something that brings you back to the old times. Homemade pies,cake,cookies and a hot home cooked meal. The good night when it bed time is very nice. The reading of johnboy diary after each show really make you feel your part of the time and year. To go to the store to get flour,sugar the old fashion way back then is such a simple life. We someone next door to you get sick or hurt you can count on someone there to help. They have some real good values on how life was back then. Punishment was not hard or crulemoreless

Good night John boy

By PapaTazzz, Oct 12, 2011

The Walton's , what I remember as a kid growing up.It would come on every thursday at 8:00 pm. My mom , dad brother and I would sit in frount of the tv faithfuly every week and watch it together.It was truly a family show , we all loved watching.From John Boy to Grama and Elizabeth to Grampa , they all warmed our house each week.I no when I was watching the show it seemed real to me , like I was part of the family.My favorite part of the show , was when they all would say good night.Good night John boy, good night Grama good night Elizabeth.moreless

Load More Reviews