The Love Story

Episode Reviews (3)

Good

The Pioneers

By Blinksterboy, Jun 19, 2015

This isn't a bad hour, and I agree with other reviewers that it does have the feel of a film, but it's not really my kind of story.

It's certainly high time John-boy saw some action. So far, all we've had is that brief kiss in the first episode. The love scenes are well acted, both by Richard and by guest actress, Sian Allen, but some of the dialogue is a little silly and I didn't enjoy the singing (although Richard does have a decent voice).

Jenny Pendleton is a great character and I love the way she flits around the house trying to be mum. I don't think Olivia knew what had hit her. The best scene is the one on the mountain where John-boy is telling Jenny all the places he wants to go in the world and all she can talk about is having his babies. Made me chuckle.

I don't see why Jenny's father had to be killed off partway through. That's two orphaned girls in two weeks now. Visit Walton's Mountain at your peril!

And snow on the ground in the Hollywood Hills! Ah, the days before global warming.moreless

When one of John's old friends visits, he brings with him, his daughter, Jenny. But hearts start beating when Jonboy falls for her... and she falls for him.

By OldShowzFinatic, Apr 16, 2008

Okay, okay, I know you must have read 'Mac Ale's' review of this episode already, but I want you to reconsider what he said. I'm not trying to be dissin' anyone, and I know that these are just our opinions, but, this episode was well-written. I liked this episode, and thought Jenny was hot (Sue me). This episode, unlike some others, seemed more like a movie. My favorite part was when they hear Jenny's father died (NOT THAT PART!) and Jonboy tries to find her. My favorite thing about that scene was the music they played! I had to re-watch that one part over and over again because of Jonboy's extrordinary acting skills. What am I saying? Everyone in the Waltons has good acting skills! (forget Erin in the 3rd-5th seasons) So, I ask you, kind viewers, try to reconsider what Mac-Ale's Review said, and reset your score to a higher one. I totally recommend this fine, fine episode ~Old Shows Finatic.moreless