Manchester: Part 1

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Beyond the village.

By kickdoor, Jun 15, 2010

Well I agree with most others, going back to the season two finale scene was a bad move. I just don't see the need to hurt the appreciation of that scene by showing Bartlet's verbal answer. I think any confusion viewers might have had would have been cleared up two minutes later when we see he has a campaign staff on AF1. Aside from that though, the episode was good, if not especially noteworthy. I'm liking Bruno Gianelli(Ron Silver), the campaign manager so far. He's a jerk, but the kind of jerk you love to hate, or at least I do, plus he's hilarious.

Bruno: "Hey, red-headed girl."

Margaret: "Margaret."

Bruno: "Okay."

Bruno: "Leo, I'm reading things that would make the cast of Up With People sit down on the floor and cry."

CJ getting ramped up by that reporter(I'm actually a big fan of that actor) and then sandbagging herself was tough to watch. In addition to feeling bad for her it was just the worst time for a mistake like that. After that and Sam's outburst in Leo's office it's clear the staff hasn't finished processing Bartlet concealing his MS.

I loved when everyone in the Sit Room gave Bartlet a stand ovation after he announced he would be seeking a second term, even if it was mostly ceremonial. I also liked that Nancy referred to Bartlet as "our boy." It's just nice to know that even with his lack of military experience they've come to respect him as Commander-in-chief.

All in all a solid start to the third season.moreless

Aftermath of it all...

By Parricida, Sep 08, 2008

So, story of president's health is out there and so is that he is running for re-election and if that is not enough, they still have the Haiti thing. It is just a matter of time when it all turns over someone heads. CJ is great example of it and I am afraid she will hate herself for one simple sentence for long.

And that lawyer.. oh.. he is so annoying and it really looks bad for Charlie.. and they all claching in Leo's office.. this episode really had the tension and show the pressure and it all just worked well those little slower clips in the mean while.. great composition.moreless