Clarifications

Episode Reviews (5)

Superb

Yes, it is pivotal but contains, on one hand, completely expected turns of events and, on the other, a blown opportunity (unless...)

By logossun, Oct 16, 2011

It's been brewing and now McNulty is on the ropes, still not comprehending the massive proportions of the engine he managed to put into motion. The example of the veteran showing up at the Chronicle and the threat Mcnulty received from one of his "underlings" well illustrates the thin line keeping all who try to wrestle the system above the water - as opposed to big, open thieves like Clay Davis, who have learned to swim very well. Of course, all this was overshadowed by the death of Omar, which was, depending on the next few episodes, either handled very poorly or very well. On the one hand, if it was there just to reiterate that anything can happen at any point of the day to anyone on the streets, then it was completely wasted; Omar, along with McNulty, is the only iconic character on the show. His death should mean something, period. However, I'm smelling there is more to his death; whether in the way little Kenard gets handled, or even how Chris approaches the situation - if that happens, I will raise my score for this episode. In any case, now there is only one icon left, McNulty; if he doesn't get the Shakespearean treatment, I believe I'll ignore the last two seasons and be satisfied with Omar throwing away his guns at the end of season 3.moreless

Building to a climax.

By lawgotham, Jan 30, 2011

I see...McNulty is the serial killer. Oh right...too funny how the FBI profile fit Jimmy to a tee. This episode was just another in this seasons (and Series) line of perfectly scripted (and executed) performances. This episode is about getting caught.

The clincher is Omar is dead. He let his guard down and got caught.Isn't it funny how we root for a bad guy to come out on top. I mean, we shouldn't root for a gun slingin' dope dealer, but Omar had a heart and he never killed for the sake of killin'. He just let his guard down a little too much.

Lester Freamon and his detective have figured out the clocks! Bravo! Just as we root for a bad guy who really isn't bad, we root for Lester, a good guy who happens to be doing something bad (well illegal really). Marlo will be caught.

Gus finally calls out Templeton and his unsubstantiated quotes. This storyline (while not many have enjoyed the newspaper tack) has been played well, Templeton has efectively been caught with his lies. Clay Davis while back in the political ring is intimidated by Lester with some evidence, which he threatens to show to a federal grand jury. Clay Davis is caught in a bind.

In other matters, Bunk is on the verge of breaking an old case while Kima refuses to be in on the overtime/serial killer scam.

Also of note, once again we see a character from the past revisited. Poot Carr is working in a Foot Locker sneaker store. And while it's more of a Baltimore thing, we see an Araber, the man with the horse and flat bed trailer. In David Simon's first show (and his book for that matter) "Homicide: Life on the Street", that series began with and revisited the case of Adena Watson...the main suspect being an Araber. This show is not fast paced, not a lot of car chases or gun battles like other crime dramas but the hour is so full of character background and detail, that it flys by, leaving us wanting more. For those who have just joined the show this season, go back to season 1 and start fresh, you won't be disappointed.moreless

,m jjj

By jdizzle2710, Jul 27, 2010

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ii ii i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i iii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiklkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjkj k bkbkkbkjbkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoreless

Jaw dropping episode. My chin is sore from hitting the ground so hard.

By Plonked, Feb 26, 2008

OMG! This episode really shocked me, OMAR IS DEAD! Im still trying to come to terms with it. I really wanted to see Marlo being the one killed by Omar. Will Kennard be walking around with an even bigger chip on his shoulder now? With the look on his face it looked like he was expecting the kill to feel different.

It was so funny when the FBI did the profile for McNulty and it turned out to McNulty. Seeing him squirm in his chair, he didnt know where to look. I was expecting Kima to say something like "Damn boy hes sounds like you" This episode for me was the best so far for this season and there is only two episodes left. I hope the plot keep going up and up and ends great.

McNulty is finally feeling the pinch of the homeless murders. He is starting to tell people the truth and a few are figuring it out. I dont think that Kima is going the dob him in. The look one Freaman's and Sydnor's face when Kima stormed in and told them that she wont be apart of it, was like the boys had been caught doing something naughty.

Another peice of the puzzle was put in place for the Marlo killings when Sydnor figured out that the seconds on the clock photos were a map page. Well done I say. I cant wait to see what the rest of the puzzle is.

Im still shaking my head over Omar's death. Another Baltimore Cowboy has fallen.moreless