Took

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

Smooth like Dark Chocolate.

By Plonked, Feb 19, 2008

I have been trying hard to think how this episode was for me and I came to the conclusion that its like dark chocolate, smooth. Not much excitement happened for me other than Omar's little adventures. I think McNulty is digging his hole deeper and deeper, even Lester is starting to think that McNulty is going too far now. I think I almost saw steam coming off Bunks head with all the attention that the bullcrap homeless murders are getting. Nice to see Kima and her little son together. I didnt think that she had any motherly instincts about her, who knew.

Im startingtho think that Clay Davis is going to get away with all his fraud. What a preformance he put on the for the court and jury and tears that he almost shed, WoW nearly got me believing he is a good bloke.

I enjoyed seeing Bubbles again even though it was only short. I wish we could see more of him. With not many episode left for this fantastic show I hope they dont wrap it up in a rush. I want to savour and enjoy what left.moreless

I keep wondering how The Wire is going to do a credible job of wrapping the series up in the few remaining episodes. Well, if the writing remains this crisp, they might just pull it off. A beautifully written episode, excellently directed by Dominic West.

By rockin01, Feb 18, 2008

First-time director Dominic West displays a deft comic touch as well as a flair for directing action scenes and interpersonal moments in this beautifully rendered installment. Clay Davis and Billy Murphy team up to put on the biggest display of BS you'll ever witness short of a presidential campaign. Who would have thought Davis would walk away from the trial unscathed? I sure didn't. I just hope Murphy wasn't counting too hard on Clay paying up as promised.

I just love Bunk's increasing fury at McNulty and Freamon's Homless Killer caper, and I think it would only be fitting if his old-fashioned shoe-leather detective work ended up being the key to taking down Marlo.

Omar has really ramped up his guerilla war on Marlo and his minions...this one is gonna end badly for somebody. Oooooooh...Templeton is goin' down, baby! Gus is onto him now... Is Kima the new McNulty? I remember him having similar frustrations trying to put together beds for his kids. But she seems to be working hard on being a good mom. I loved this episode...each one seems to get more precious to me as the end quickly approaches.moreless