Took

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

So close, yet so far.

By lawgotham, Jan 02, 2011

As things are moving closer to the demise of Marlo, things become that further away.

Carver brings Michael to Bunk. Is it only a matter of time before Michael spills what he knows? Lester Freamon now has the equipment to view the photos but has a tough code to break. He needs manpower and McNulty can provide some.

In a way it's unfortunate that the cops have to fight fire with fire. Conjuring up a serial killer, making anonymous phone calls to the reporter Templeton, wiretappping illegally. And what will bring Jimmy down. Just like the IRS getting Al Capone, I think it will be the dispensation of overtime (meaning money) to other detectives working on cases other than the (bogus) serial killer.

Over at the paper, Gus knows something is up with Templeton's credibility but he is rebuffed by upper management. Ironically while Templeton has an ethics problem, I think the reporter Fletcher will come up with a really better piece about the homeless and probably will get shot down by upper management, but that's just a hunch.

Nice touch by the way having Munch make an appearence in the cop bar. Real nice touch for Munch originally in Baltimore on "Homicide."

Just like Marion Barry, Clay Davis is loved by the people and can spin a tale. I missed the boat thinking he would pull something out of his hat that would implicate others. Wow! Confess to the wrong but make it seem like you're doing something right.

Things are slowly coming to a head, but how and who will get caught up. That's one reason why this is a great show. It's not that predicatble while still being believable.

My question is who will get Marlo first, the cops or Omar?moreless

Smooth like Dark Chocolate.

By Plonked, Feb 19, 2008

I have been trying hard to think how this episode was for me and I came to the conclusion that its like dark chocolate, smooth. Not much excitement happened for me other than Omar's little adventures. I think McNulty is digging his hole deeper and deeper, even Lester is starting to think that McNulty is going too far now. I think I almost saw steam coming off Bunks head with all the attention that the bullcrap homeless murders are getting. Nice to see Kima and her little son together. I didnt think that she had any motherly instincts about her, who knew.

Im startingtho think that Clay Davis is going to get away with all his fraud. What a preformance he put on the for the court and jury and tears that he almost shed, WoW nearly got me believing he is a good bloke.

I enjoyed seeing Bubbles again even though it was only short. I wish we could see more of him. With not many episode left for this fantastic show I hope they dont wrap it up in a rush. I want to savour and enjoy what left.moreless