Fox Cancels The X Factor as Simon Cowell Returns to the Original U.K. Series

By Tim Surette

Feb 08, 2014

Remember when that blowhard Simon Cowell promised world domination with an American version of U.K. reality singing competition The X Factor? He thought it would be the biggest thing in the universe, and he felt pretty good about leaving American Idol because America's insatiable hunger for reality singing competition just could not be satisfied.

Well, The X Factor never quite took off in the States like Cowell thought it would, and after three seasons, Cowell is running away from America and heading back to his home planet of England, where he'll return to the judging panel of the original U.K. version of the series. Also, Fox has canceled the show. 

"Unfortunately, there is no The X Factor without Simon Cowell," said Fox boss Kevin Reilly, "but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life."  And while that quote implies that the cancellation is a result of Cowell's decision to leave, I doubt it was Cowell alone who made the choice, given the show's lackluster ratings.  

I won't miss The X Factor, and I certainly won't miss the endless rumors of who will be the next The X Factor judge. How about you?

• Comments (89)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Buzzer520 Feb 10, 2014

The sing-off is the only good one.

• jjafargi Feb 10, 2014

Long overdue! Good riddance, you wanker!

• zsandmann Feb 10, 2014

1 down, too many to count left to go. Death to reality TV!!!

• Dragonsi2 Feb 10, 2014

Wait, I thought X Factor was the companion team to Marvel's X Men? Boy, was I way off! Simon Cowell, as an X Man, never!

• hockeyrick Feb 10, 2014

Good riddance Cowell, and dont come back!

• adamonfire Feb 09, 2014

... and take every other singing show with you, please.

• ted2332 Feb 09, 2014

The fcuker is still richer than god.

• Carla-Wexler Feb 09, 2014

One more point for humanity! I wish all that generic garbage remains in the dark ages!

• Coodookie Feb 09, 2014

lol. Just realized this community has 666 members.

• Carla-Wexler Feb 09, 2014

Sweet honey child, is da illuminati fo realz!

• StrawDog Feb 09, 2014

Fuck this dude. Black Mirror's second episode sums up everything wrong with American Idol.

• See More Comments (45)