Episode Reviews (46)

Great

He may be in your house right now.

By gooseysoucy, Aug 14, 2015

This is the one, the episode my family and I remember so well, one of those defining episodes that we couldn't stop thinking about, keeping us awake as we try to sleep. It really comes down to this guy Tooms and those eyes, those glowing eyes of his that really rank high with the scariest memories of fictional characters I've ever watched. The ability to squeeze his way into any place with ease is another frightening thought, a darkness that you can't keep locked out. What's fantastic about this episode isn't just in the music, or the character or the suspense but the dialogue too. The ending scene where Fox is explaining how all the money in the world can't keep some threats locked away is scary because its true, it reminds me of the Halloween movies where Donald Pleasence talks about Michael Myers as being the embodiment of pure evil. You can never really destroy it, its everywhere, its in us. As Fox is speaking Tooms looks at a small crack in the door... and we know he'll be out again just like Mulder saying right at that very moment.

One of the classic episodes of the series, and only the third one. There's so much more to go through.moreless

Good acting all-round

By mortalexplorer, Jun 22, 2015

What a way to kick off the monster of the week episodes, with a chilling performance by Doug Hutchison, supported by a solid cast. Doug could easily squeeze into the "top 20 X-File guest performances" list. It was also a fairly unique concept for its time (a 100 year old serial killer who uses his victim's livers to sustain hibernation).

This is the episode

By sremnes, Jul 12, 2014

This is the episode where the scene in the intro were Scully and Mulder enters a room. It also show a man that is 100 years old.

Parawacky!

By jokipper, May 18, 2013

Just when we might think that we have a show about UFO cover-ups, we get this episode that might well have been at home in a season of "Tales From the Crypt". I assume this falls in the "paranormal" category that the opening credits has been warning us about, but it's more like a cheesy horror episode from "Kolchak: The Night Stalker".

It's not enough that we have a human who can squeeze himself through small openings, but the writers add to the fluff by making him immortal (through hibernation) and a harvester of livers (couldn't he just to a meat market and buy all the beef livers he wanted? What a picky diet!). Of course, Mukder is right on top of so familiar with every file in his cabinets (going back at least 100 years) that he immediately knows where to look for the fingerprints at the crime scene and knows how to match them to the culprit with an amazing DOS program. And yes, the perp could easily have slipped out of the handcuffs when Spooky nabbed him.

THIS EPISODE WANTS US TO BELIEVE IN: Extreme contortionism; human hibernation.

BELIEVABILTY RATING: 2/10

Not a terrible a bit of fun to watch, but the believabilty of the show really suffers with a plot like this.moreless

Please explain!

By roxanapolkado, Apr 18, 2013

Am I the only one who realizes that this thing can squeeze through an air-vent but cant get its hands out of a pair of measly handcuffs? (that's how Mulder stops him) A major inconsistency like this really ruins the episode, which makes me sad :(. Can someone make sense of this please?!

By DexterMorgan2, Jan 31, 2013

A very interesting serial killer who can squeeze through any gap which proves nobody is safe even Scully who is attacked in her own home but Mulder came to her rescue There was a nice cliffhanger at the end but the question is will Tooms just escape and continue killing.

dont get this sight

By totallyloveit, Nov 17, 2012

just created acct still cant watch the xfiles whats up

Mulder and Scully investigate a serial killer who has been killing since 1903

By 7dixob, Aug 20, 2012

This episode Squeeze is a phenomenal episode with a serial killer called Tooms who can fit through just about anything and used it to his advantage to kill.Mulder and Scully try to stop the serial killer but the more they investigate the more their lives are in danger when Scully is attacked at her own home but Mulder rescues her but that might not be it even with Tooms in jail he gets brought food through a food slot and he looks at it knowing he could maybe fit through it.I think Tooms will be back.moreless

By TrueTvWatcher, May 24, 2012

Squeeze was another perfect and very entertaining episode of The X-Files. I really enjoyed watching because the story was awesome, well written and the actors were phenomenal, the directing and editing were awesome and the over all production was superb. I like the dynamic developing between Mulder and Scully. I liked the paranormal aspect explored in the story which was very well portrayed. I like how the episode played out and ended. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!

This episode is truly scary...

By Frankburnsflagg, Feb 28, 2012

Just had a chance to watch this, and it was frightening to say the least. Mulder and Scully were brought in to help the Baltimore P.D. solve an a murder and they end up finding out that there's more to the case than meets the eye.

The acting in this episode was pretty good for the most part, with Doug Hutchinson doing a great jobs as Eugene Tooms. He's one of the more frightening monsters from the first season. Hiding out in the darkness... sometimes it pays to have a baddie do that... instead of being right out in the open.

The atmosphere in this episode was just chilling and dark, and it worked with feeling of the episode as well. You truly felt as if the said monster was going to go after you too.

As for moose and squirrel themselves, they ended up doing a FAR better job in terms of finding out the truth than the cops themselves did. All the cops did was be inept, and make fun of Mulder. On a side note, wanted to knock them upside the head for that XD. Scully's friend Tom Colton (who's an FBI agent himself), did the same in terms of not taking Mulder seriously. Pretty much they all treated him like he was some kind of nut case.

Overall though, this is one episode that is worth the watch and the special effects hold up pretty well after all these years.moreless

Load More Reviews