Episode Reviews (44)

Great

This is the episode

By sremnes, Jul 12, 2014

This is the episode where the scene in the intro were Scully and Mulder enters a room. It also show a man that is 100 years old.

Parawacky!

By jokipper, May 18, 2013

Just when we might think that we have a show about UFO cover-ups, we get this episode that might well have been at home in a season of "Tales From the Crypt". I assume this falls in the "paranormal" category that the opening credits has been warning us about, but it's more like a cheesy horror episode from "Kolchak: The Night Stalker".

It's not enough that we have a human who can squeeze himself through small openings, but the writers add to the fluff by making him immortal (through hibernation) and a harvester of livers (couldn't he just to a meat market and buy all the beef livers he wanted? What a picky diet!). Of course, Mukder is right on top of so familiar with every file in his cabinets (going back at least 100 years) that he immediately knows where to look for the fingerprints at the crime scene and knows how to match them to the culprit with an amazing DOS program. And yes, the perp could easily have slipped out of the handcuffs when Spooky nabbed him.

THIS EPISODE WANTS US TO BELIEVE IN: Extreme contortionism; human hibernation.

BELIEVABILTY RATING: 2/10

Not a terrible a bit of fun to watch, but the believabilty of the show really suffers with a plot like this.moreless

Please explain!

By roxanapolkado, Apr 18, 2013

Am I the only one who realizes that this thing can squeeze through an air-vent but cant get its hands out of a pair of measly handcuffs? (that's how Mulder stops him) A major inconsistency like this really ruins the episode, which makes me sad :(. Can someone make sense of this please?!

By DexterMorgan2, Jan 31, 2013

A very interesting serial killer who can squeeze through any gap which proves nobody is safe even Scully who is attacked in her own home but Mulder came to her rescue There was a nice cliffhanger at the end but the question is will Tooms just escape and continue killing.

dont get this sight

By totallyloveit, Nov 17, 2012

just created acct still cant watch the xfiles whats up

By TrueTvWatcher, May 24, 2012

Squeeze was another perfect and very entertaining episode of The X-Files. I really enjoyed watching because the story was awesome, well written and the actors were phenomenal, the directing and editing were awesome and the over all production was superb. I like the dynamic developing between Mulder and Scully. I liked the paranormal aspect explored in the story which was very well portrayed. I like how the episode played out and ended. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!

This episode is truly scary...

By Frankburnsflagg, Feb 28, 2012

Just had a chance to watch this, and it was frightening to say the least. Mulder and Scully were brought in to help the Baltimore P.D. solve an a murder and they end up finding out that there's more to the case than meets the eye.

The acting in this episode was pretty good for the most part, with Doug Hutchinson doing a great jobs as Eugene Tooms. He's one of the more frightening monsters from the first season. Hiding out in the darkness... sometimes it pays to have a baddie do that... instead of being right out in the open.

The atmosphere in this episode was just chilling and dark, and it worked with feeling of the episode as well. You truly felt as if the said monster was going to go after you too.

As for moose and squirrel themselves, they ended up doing a FAR better job in terms of finding out the truth than the cops themselves did. All the cops did was be inept, and make fun of Mulder. On a side note, wanted to knock them upside the head for that XD. Scully's friend Tom Colton (who's an FBI agent himself), did the same in terms of not taking Mulder seriously. Pretty much they all treated him like he was some kind of nut case.

Overall though, this is one episode that is worth the watch and the special effects hold up pretty well after all these years.moreless

A new definition of 'creepy'

By UdithaDevapri, Jan 23, 2012

Coloquially speaking, Squeeze was one hell of an episode. Its structure acutely depicted the invincible terrors lurking inside that janitor called Tooms, with his animal instincts cleverly shown in a slow-motioned sequences of him staring at his potential victims. And though his very true animalistic nature were to be shown later in 'Tooms', I still thought this was worth it, particularly promising since this was the first 'Monster of the Week' episode in the series' history. What a superb premise it was!moreless

Bendy boy!

By mrsKrycek, Jun 03, 2011

Squeeze is not one of my favorite epps because tooms kinda freaks me out. Whats with his yellow eyes. Ewww. In squeeze murder victims are found in places with locked windows and doors- with no known point of entry. Mulder finds a finger print in one of the more recent crime scenes. The only problem is the guy would have to have ten inch long fingers. Mulder has a different idea... He has xfiles with similarities. He thinks they were all commited by the same person and that that person needs five livers to live an extra thirty years in hibernation. He also thinks that tooms is over one hundred years old. It's one of the creepier ones.moreless

Load More Reviews