Triangle

Episode Reviews (26)

Superb

Triangle

By TrueTvWatcher, Aug 22, 2012

Triangle was a great episode of The X-Files and I liked watching because the story was pretty good, the characters were awesome and the ending reminded me a little of The Wizard of Oz when Dorthy returns home and every one was in her dream. It was interesting to watch Mulder and Scully operating in two different times. I liked how every thing played out but this wasn't one of my favorite episodes and definitely didn't grab my attention or enthusiasm. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!moreless

Mulder enters the Bermuda Triangle and fights against Nazi's

By JaCkKbAuEr2424, Mar 18, 2011

Season 6, according to my friend, found the X-Files doing a lot more experimental stuff with their stories and the way they filmed episodes, and I can certainly see what he means by the last three episodes. The first three episodes have been great episodes overall, but there was just something incredibly fun and ridiculous about this episode, the same type of fun that episodes like "Small Potatoes" and "Bad Blood" gave us.. while I don't think that they're as good as those, "Triangle" gives us one of the show's finest hours and sort of gives us a Mulder/Scully kiss... but not really.

In fact, my only real problem with the episode is that we never exactly figure out how Mulder goes missing and then enters back into our world. The episode doesn't seem too intent on focusing on the logistics or science of the episode.. instead, it's all about style, as Chris Carter lets the camera stretch on for what feels like ten or fifteen minute long takes (even though they're likely split and expertly edited). I think that, despite how clever Carter was with Mulder and the 1939 plot, I liked Scully's attempts to try and figure out how to help Mulder. The use of C.S.M here wasn't even conspiracy related.. instead, he seemed to exist just to make it even funnier watching Scully get more and more frustrated as she tries to help Mulder.

In fact, I'd be hard-pressed, despite how unbelievably dark some of the moments of the episode are, to call this a straight-up comedy. Scully kissing Skinner in happiness for helping her, Mulder kissing the old Scully in 1939 and then getting punched, and the awkward "I love you" he says to the real Scully at the end that just gets an exasperated sarcastic head nod.. it was just a funny episode that found a way to use every single supporting character the show has used in the last five or six years.

Season 6 is definitely off to a great start. I look forward to seeing where else they go from here.moreless

He loves her - but we knew that already!

By serataja, Sep 16, 2010

Whoa - I just saw this episode for the very first time and I was completely blown away. Best. Episode. Ever. Great action, great humor, cleverly plotted and filmed. I absolutely adored Scully, running around the FBI office, trying desperately to find someone to give her the information she needed. It was nervewracking and very funny.

Also we finally get a much needed kiss between Mulder and... well, the 'alternate reality Scully' I guess you could call her - but it's a kiss nevertheless!

Finally, he gets to declare his love for her. Not that I was surprised. I mean, we have known that for the past 5 seasons, haven't we? Still, it was so unbelievably sweet and her reaction so funny and in character I think I woke my neighbors squealing. And he looked as if he really meant it. Really!

Oh my, this is one episode to rewatch a couple of times!!!moreless

I don't care what you do or who you do or who you have to grease, I need that information and I need it now.

By tunguska1013, Apr 23, 2010

Mulder goes into the Bermuda Triangle searching for Queen Anne, a British luxury liner which disappeared during WWII and reappeared in the present time in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and finds himself trapped on the ship in 1939 with many familiar faces.

Triangle is not the typical X-Files episode but it's a great surprise proving that the series in its sixth season is still brilliant and original.

Technically this episode is very impressive. I loved Chris Carter's idea to use four very long, continuous shot – one-offs – and the cinematography and the acting are once again amazing. The story is great as well, very funny and full of action and romance. Scully running around the FBI trying to find some help for Mulder is simply hilarious and the moment when Scully and her 1939 self, with the help of spilt-screens, cross paths is brilliant. Triangle is one of the most entertaining episodes of the series and one of my favourites.moreless

Awesome!

By red_cheeks, Mar 17, 2010

One of my all time favorite episodes, Triangle is the most different and unique from any other X-File. The direction and editing alone are enough to make this episode outstanding. Inspired by the movie Rope by Hitchcock, Chris Carter uses four continues shots and a moving camera and the result is spectacular.

The plot is amazing as well. I was always fascinated by the stories about the Bermuda Triangle and, though not fully explored, it was nice to see The X-Files deals with it. The episode is loaded with many unforgettable moments of action and humor: from Mulder trying to escape from the Nazis and convince past Scully that he's not one of them to Scully running from office to office threatening Spender and kissing Skinner in order to take the information she needs (G.A. is phenomenal) every single scene is brilliant. The end leaves us a little confused about what really happened but nevertheless excited.moreless

Wizard of OZ tribute

By KennyRogersLove, Mar 14, 2009

A great episode. Beautifully shot, exciting, funny and very creative and unique. Loved every minute of it. The long tracking shots were fanastic, its very impressive that they managed to do such long takes without mistakes. I loved Kersh in this episode - he's so funny wanting to go back to Jamica! Haha! There were a lot of funny bits, such as Scully trying to find Mulder, and it was all really well put together. Enjoyed this episode very much, its one of my faves. I love all the Wizard of Oz refrences, and I like Scully being all badass. The kiss and then the punch - great! And the ending is very funny as well.

A quirky fun episode - who would have imagined them doing episodes like this in season 2? 10/10moreless

When Mulder goes in search of the lost World War Two era luxery liner The Queen Anne, he stumbles into a time warp where he sees familar faces. Scully in turn, aided by the Lone Gunman, is trying to find and save Mulder when he seems to have disappeared.

By Tao2Zen, Oct 13, 2008

This is a wonderful episode. It has all the classic elements that made The X-files great. The unique style which was present in nearly every episode is clear in this one, with references and homage paid to classic films in both content and unique cinematography. The humor and bizarre aspects are highly intertaining. It also encompasses some romance which so many fans thrived on at this point in the series. The character development through the roles in which the characters are placed in the World War Two setting gives good insight into their actual roles and traits in the show itself.moreless

Weird but awesome episode...

By CaptainHarkness, Aug 20, 2008

You've just got to love time warps. They always make for the best episodes in any series. this episode was very funny with all the wizard of oz references. I liked Scully's desperation to find Mulder. You know she must have been desperate if she went to Spender for help. That was also a good scene I liked the big long continuous shot and Scully yelling at Spender. Then she kissed Skinner. Then Mulder is stuck in the past and CSM is a Nazi. I really enjoyed the scene where Mulder kicked the crap out of Nazi Spender. This episode is a must see even if it isn't a mytharc episode it is a really great comedy episode.moreless

Time warp

By Slayergirlkal, Aug 03, 2008

WOW this was one awesome episode! I absolutely loved Mulder being trapped in that time loop! I loved seeing him try to tell the Nazis that he didn't speak Nazi! And it was great to see that when they saw his badge they had no idea what the FBI was!

Scully was crazy which I loved!! It was nice to see her like a time bomb ready to explode! Her threatening Spender was brilliant and it was nice seeing her so forceful! And I found it extremely funny when she kissed Skinner!

Past Scully was great too! I loved Mulder kissing her and saying "In case we never meet again." And it was great to see them working together so the Nazis wouldn't kill more people.

And the end when Mulder was in the hospital was great! I loved the guys asking about the drugs he was on and saying they wanted some! That was perfect and of course Mulder telling Scully he loved her was perfect too.

I'd totally recommend watching this episode!moreless

Load More Reviews