Den of the Sleeping Demon

Episode Reviews (1)

Great

Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla along with a pair of teenage adventurers and their giant bird Yeek, save a group of humans from and evil wizard and the ancient evil he releases.

By tmkreutzer, Jul 17, 2007

This episode of Thundarr introduces us to a teenage girl barbarian named Shara, a teen aged wizard named Merlik and giant bird called Yeek who, like Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla, travel the globe in search of adventure. Together, the two groups work to thwart the plot of an evil wizard who seeks to gain power from a sleeping demon. The demon, however, turns out to have a more Earthly origin - one that requires flesh and blood to survive.

As Saturday morning kids' cartoons go, Thundarr the Barbarian was one of the best ever made. This episode is pretty representative of the series - I watched it on YouTube - and found it good enough for its intended audience. As an adult, I think it was a little stilted and I disliked the teenaged characters that, thankfully, were only seen in this one episode. Despite these problems, I found it to be a watchable episode and it is certainly a show I could see sitting through with my own children.

As Thundarr goes, I think this is not the best episode in the series so I only score it an 8. Still, as I stated earlier,it is watchable and YouTube has a few others. They aren't the highest quality copies but you can see and hear them without too much trouble. I recommend checking them out.moreless