Timon & Pumbaa

Show Reviews (21)

Great

I doubt that it's canon but it's okay I guess

By MaryKelly88, 3 days ago

I'll always love the original Lion King the best Lion King 2:Simba's Pride is good too this show is a spin-off with the comic relief duo Timon and Pumbaa as the main characters instead of Simba while The Lion King 1 1/2 was their own movie this is their own TV show I actually kind of like some parts in this show more than Lion King 1 1/2 a little bit and I like some parts in Lion King 1 1/2 more than parts in this show as well and I liked that there are some episodes where other Lion King characters are in it sure it seems very different from the original movie but I still watched it I don't think it's one of the best shows I've ever seen but it's not one of the worst either and it can be pretty cheesy at times but it's still pretty tolerable in my opinionmoreless

My Favorite Pair from Lion King

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

1st ep (10)

About this series

By JordanWelch, Apr 09, 2013

It had wonderful performer for Nathan Lane in only 10 episodes for which he been in 1995 and great sound mixing in 1996.

Hakuna matata!

By z-agent, Jul 15, 2012

Ah yes Timon and Pumbaa! A real feel good show. Just the opening theme song is just the thing to get you going in a real giddy mood. A lot of the episodes are funny and zany, hard to resist. I even know the song by heart! One of my favorite episodes was the one with Pumbaa jr. I'm glad Simba makes an appearance (as an adult). Heck I even like the fact that they include Rafiki and the Hyenas though Zazu has an appearance. All in all I definety recommend this cartoon to anyone of any age. Hakuna Matata!moreless

They were good in the Lion King but not in this show.

By Spongeyfan, Dec 04, 2011

Timon and Pumbaa were great in the movie they made everybody laugh but in these series there really bad this is like a childish rip off of Ren and Stimpy(a cartoon which i actually enjoy) for example this is what the character's personality are like:

Timon-Ren

Pumbaa-Stimpy

I'm glad this is cancelled also in this show Timon calls him a mook which makes no sense and both T and P are arguing in every episode how fun is that don't waste your time watching this there are better stuff even Bob the Builder is better only some episode of this show is good.moreless

Not as good as the first one but alright.

By 01milnej, Dec 02, 2011

The first one was was very good but this one was not quite as good. The songs in it weren't as good as in the first one. It's alright to watch though because it is the follow on from number 1. Number 3 is far more wrose though. Number 2 is where Simba's own child is born and she is growing up just like Simba in the first film. When she meets her boyfriend though all the animals are not shure if she can be with him as he belongs to the Hyenas. She does get with him though and just like Simba in The Lion King 1 she has her own child at the very end. The happier thing is that Simba never dies and he is there to see is own grandchild. Such a shame though that Simba's Dad could not see his own granddaughter or great granddaughter at the end of The Lion King 2.moreless

I really like Timon and Pumbaa and I will love pretty much anything that has to do with Disney's "The Lion King". But...something about this show didn't seem right.

By Trey_Vore, Apr 27, 2011

All right. I will say right here, right now: I am a total "Lion King" maniac. Ever since I saw the original 1994 Disney animated movie, it has been a part of my life. With an all-star voice cast, terrific visual depth, a killer soundtrack, African savanna backdrop, uplifting messages, humor with lasting value and a powerful script, "The Lion King" has been one of my absolute favorite movies. It got me wanting to hear more music from Elton John, and I receive vibes from 'Lion King' as I hear his music. My roommates and I really liked Disney's 'Lion King 1 1/2' movie from 2004, and I even enjoyed the 1998 sequel, 'The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride'. 'The Lion King' is my personal pick for 'Best 1990s Disney animated movie'.

When I first heard about how they were giving Timon and Pumbaa a Saturday morning cartoon on CBS, I was ecstatic. I thought Timon and Pumbaa were a terrific comedy duo and immediately embraced the idea of them having a spin-off series.

While I watched it faithfully as a teen, I look at it now and I just can't shake the idea that something wasn't right. I understand that making a regular series with all the power and majesty of Disney's 'Lion King' movie would be one impossibly tall order to fill, but at times, this show feels like a Lion King-themed version of the Games animated 'Ren and Stimpy' episodes.

Yes, Timon and Pumbaa are still together, having wacky adventures all around the world. Here, however, they do 'human' things, like wear clothes, eat in restaurants, talk with people, do jobs for money...you know, stuff animals wouldn't typically do in the wild. From time to time, they would run into a guy named 'Quint', whose moniker changes by his profession, acting like he is the 'George Liqour' of their show. In the movie, there were no human characters around. Suddenly, they can walk into a major metropolitian city and do what people do. It was a little weird.

Another factor of the show I don't like is the extremely uneven quality of the episodes. When the episodes are good, they can be very enjoyable, namely the episodes that try to instill a social message or try to show an intellectual side. Other episodes, however, just stink (and when it does, watch out!). In some eps, they would either do a flat-out rewrite of an old Looney Tunes cartoon (one I remember best was 'Scent of the South', which was like a big remake of the 1959 Pepe Le Pew cartoon, 'Really Scent') or start somewhere and lead to something completely different than what they started with (like when it starts with Timon and Pumbaa playing golf, and it ends up with them throwing the Earth out of its orbit). Other episodes are total no-brainers, acting like an enormous marathon of 'watch us drop everything but the kitchen sink on Timon's head!'.

Then there is the 'sideshow' character episodes. The secondary character episodes I liked best was 'The Laughing Hyenas', which featured Shenzi, Banzai and Ed as they searched for food (I think I even liked this better than the main attraction). The others, such as the 'Rafiki Fables', which usually tried instill a moral, like 'Be yourself' and 'Be Nice to your Friends', were very blah. And the other sideshow episode, 'Zazu the Hornbill'...well, Zazu was only a minor character in the movie, and his episodes weren't terribly interesting.

So, I'm kinda torn between giving a 'yes' or 'no' reccommendation. Disney's made better series, but you can do worse. It seems to stand as a 'middle of the pack' Disney movie-based cartoon. Nothing can destroy my love for the immortal 'Lion King' movie, but 'The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa' stands as the least involving of Disney's Lion King products.

I stand by my claim that Timon and Pumbaa are a great comic team. But as a series, it just needs fine-tuning.moreless

Remembering this show brings me back to the good times!

By Stinky2u4u, Aug 27, 2010

(Along with "The Little Mermaid" spin-off) I loved watching this show! My sister loves it as well. Watching just makes me remember the good times, when (almost) everything was twice as exiting. My young brother wtaches Timon and Pumba, (when we are allowed to stay up late, of course. Why can't disney make a "classic" disney channel?) I loved the "The Lion King" and I loved this show. It was very amusing, and still is. I know most people would think it would be "un-cool" to watch a young kids show like this. But those guys don't appreciate the classics. I loved this show, and I still do now. Especially if you loved it as a kid, I asure you, you'll still love it!moreless

Hakuna Matana for greatness.

By toonsday1234, Aug 27, 2010

This was/is a great show. I am dead serious. Timon & Pumbaa appeared in the popular animated Disney classic of 1994, The Lion King. And then, they have their own show. And then, it's called, Timon & Pumbaa.

It's good, because if I hated the Lion King, what would I be? The Lion King is cool. I also like the sequel, but I like Lion King 1 1/2 better. Some people think that this is the worst show. Well, almost. But, I think they're wrong. This show kicked ass. Only in the ass! IN THE ASS!

So, this show is popular. I noticed, Hakuna Matana, Timon & Pumbaa.moreless