Top Design

Show Reviews (4)

Good
7.8

Of course nothing can beat runway, but i need something to watch while i'm waiting, right?

By GravityDefyer, Jun 19, 2007

Clothes.

Food.

Now interior design.

I have liked all three of the reality shows bravo and the producers of "runway" have come out with. They're always interesting and entertaining.

So naturally, i did end up liking this one as well. The designers were very talented, and i found myself liking most of them immediatly. But i can see where some drama will kick in too, so luckily it won't get boring.

I am eagerly awaiting next week's episode, though... not quite on the edge of my seat.

UPDATE: I found myself being consistently bored every week. Someone wake me up!

Overall show grade: C+moreless

Project Runway, Top Chef clone.

By tiredoldguy, Feb 10, 2007

While the format is similar, the challanges are definately on a larger scale. The concept here is that the designer has x amount of time and money to build a room based on the clients wishes. One of the unique factors is that the desiginers have outside help in the form of carpenters and other trades. They also get to spend real money at the Pacific Design Center on real room dressing.

As I am writing this review, there have already been two challanges, one team one individual. The results of both challenges were interesting. To my taste I probably would want my money back, but that's why I'm not a Style Guru!

If the show keeps up the way it has been going, I will probably continue to watch.moreless

After Project Runway is this our new reality drug or is it just a pain killer?

By libelul, Feb 07, 2007

After Project Runway is this our new reality drug or is it just a pain killer?

I just hope this show lives up to my expectation, as this is for the moment my fix, until Project Runway airs again.

This show actually could be really exciting. I can just imagine the teams having to redesign a condo after it has been ravaged by the production. May this show bring as many new twists to this genre, and really create amazing designs... because yes Top Design will really have to be suprising & filled of beautiful execution to live up to the Tim Gunn experience!moreless