Top Gear US

Good
7.6

Pretty sure the show airs on tuesdays at 9p

By anguishedtunic, Nov 27, 2013

They'll be back after Adam finishes filming Nurse Jackie!

I just love it

By lorenhiscutt, Apr 21, 2013

Better than the any Japanese game show

Better off being a Japanese Game Show--

By Daystar, Oct 22, 2012

I believe 30% of the episodes time is dedicated to seriously testing a mainstream car and the rest of the time is just goofing around and trashing cars. This just doesn't make any sense to me, guys? There are a lot of topics and experimentation that will benefit the consumers like us! Case in point is how about testing if the Big Fuel Companies' gasoline really gets better mileage as they claim to be in their advertisements? Or what about the best tires for you car? Sooo many...!moreless

Good for the wrong reasons

By 11percent, Apr 11, 2012

Its good because its funny. Plus its fun to watch them destroy old cars. As a car enthusiast? Not a good show. Top gear is supposed to be about drivers cars, not mini-vans. Actually, theres really only one driver, Tanner. Adam is an actor and I dont know what the hell Rutledge does.If you want real cars watch Top Gear UK online like I do. You just have to get past the Brits hatred of American cars.

A really good show

By PatrickWentz, Mar 13, 2012

Too bad EVERYONE compares the US version of the show (produced by the BBC) to the British version. On its own it is a very good and entertaining show. Not sure where all the hate comes from for this version.

I love cars but...

By wassup, Feb 29, 2012

I love cars but this show sucks especially when half of the time they're doing stupid stuff that has nothing to do with hot rides. I mean what happened to drag racing, doing 360's, and properly reviewing a car inside and out. All three presenters are not feeling it and they are terrible actors,too! They just wanna copy the very successful UK show but honestly they don't come close. All they do is talk about trucks and American cars, I mean c'mon people there are other cars out there!!! I give this a 5 mediocre rating because I kinda enjoyed a few episodes and/or segments, but if it wasn't for the cars i would give this show a 2.. yes out of 10 :)moreless

Sorry, but Blazer666_uk has gotten his shows mixed up, this is the US version of the show. It only had a short life on NBC.

Put simply, this show is a poor substitute for the original UK goodness.

By RobertWilco, Sep 23, 2011

Top Gear got rid of their US showings of the UK show in 2007 only to shove this piece of show in its place early 2008. THIS show features Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust, and Eric Stromer. And if the words "Adam" "Carolla" don't repel you, maybe you should read a review by Jay Leno the would-be host (he declined).

www(dot)timesonline(dot)co(dot)uk/tol/driving/features/article3638037(dot)ece

"I like the show just the way it is. Jeremy and the guys are extremely talented, so maybe it would be an idea to do an American show similar to Top Gear but not with the same name, because I think it would be impossible to recreate or live up to the standards of the British show. " -Jay Leno

What a poor substitute of perfectly great show. Oh and good luck watching the UK show in the US. Top Gear blocked all US IP address for watching videos on their site and don't play them on cable channels.

-Wilcomoreless

Let's all just take a deep breath and look at this show independent from the original.

By jw2468, Sep 23, 2011

Inevitably, a show sharing the same name of a much loved original is going to draw some flack and speculation. Also inevitably, there will be people who will view this new show with only the old one in mind and hate the new one no matter what. Well, I'm here to drop some knowledge and awaken you rudely: This is a different show. This isn't the original. This will never be the original and it's unfair to keep trying to compare this to the original, so stop trying!! Once you do that, you may be able to enjoy this show for what it is; a show about cars.

Another thing you need to take into consideration is the fact that the UK's car culture and the U.S.'s car culture are both different. If the show here in the U.S. did the same things that the UK show did, what would the point be? What mainstream, non car junky audience would watch that?

I will say that I am a car junky and I have been eagerly awaiting a show like top gear for years. There's just a void of decent automotive entertainment around these days. Networks like Speed were supposed to fill that void, but every time I tune in there's always some show about "How to pimp your ride", or "Mighty Morphin' Monster Trucks!!".

Top Gear shows me cars that I want to see. Not only do they show the uber-expensive super cars that I can't afford in my dreams, but also more affordable cars, and cars that have almost been forgotten. It's entertaining. The hosts are okay. I will say that the only one I recognize is Tanner Foust, but they seem to work together okay. Sometimes I even laugh and I hardly ever laugh at a television show!

Look, it's a new show unfairly trying to live up to the original. Give it a chance and stop trying to compare and you might find yourself enjoying it.moreless

Terrible knock-off of the UK version.

By lolone, Sep 23, 2011

This show is terrible! I review many shows but I checked this out thinking that it was the UK version. They have missed the mark reviewing worthless Honda Hybrids (they just don't compare to Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus etc). They missed the mark on the challenges by becoming used car salesmen. In short they missed the mark on this entire show. UK version is far better, more fun, witty and exciting with the cars that they test. Try again to make a better show. Test cars that are a lot cooler than pointless cars anybody can buy. Better yet leave it to the Brit's to make the show.moreless

Load More Reviews