Top Gear US

Show Reviews (16)

Hilarious! :D

By sarahcampbell1227, Mar 20, 2015

I am not really into cars, but I love this show because Adam, Rut, and Tanner are awesome! Always picking on each other, they are like brothers and I love what they do with the show!! I have learned so much about cars watching this imply because they make it entertaining:D I loved the latest season, hope there is more to come!! <3

Clumsy American knock off

By BillySargent, Aug 28, 2014

The premise is good; take what works over there and make it American... but something got lost in the translation. Perhaps they're trying to hard to be like the BBC gem. If they let the American writers and producers and presenters do their own thing it would be palatable. Perhaps they do, and the American writers and producers don't have any original ideas and so they rip off the original program, but what makes it funny and makes it work for Jeremy, James and Richard does not come across the same. How could it? Without those quirks and personalities it's not funny.

The only time I have been actively seeking this program is for the fifth series, where they're going to be at a friend's farm in New Hampshire. That one episode is all I want to see, and it's only for the scenes of home for this Granite State expatriate. Because nothing to do with the cars, personalities, insights for chemistry on the show because there isn't any to be had.moreless

Pretty sure the show airs on tuesdays at 9p

By anguishedtunic, Nov 27, 2013

They'll be back after Adam finishes filming Nurse Jackie!

I just love it

By lorenhiscutt, Apr 21, 2013

Better than the any Japanese game show

Better off being a Japanese Game Show--

By Daystar, Oct 22, 2012

I believe 30% of the episodes time is dedicated to seriously testing a mainstream car and the rest of the time is just goofing around and trashing cars. This just doesn't make any sense to me, guys? There are a lot of topics and experimentation that will benefit the consumers like us! Case in point is how about testing if the Big Fuel Companies' gasoline really gets better mileage as they claim to be in their advertisements? Or what about the best tires for you car? Sooo many...!moreless

Good for the wrong reasons

By 11percent, Apr 11, 2012

Its good because its funny. Plus its fun to watch them destroy old cars. As a car enthusiast? Not a good show. Top gear is supposed to be about drivers cars, not mini-vans. Actually, theres really only one driver, Tanner. Adam is an actor and I dont know what the hell Rutledge does.If you want real cars watch Top Gear UK online like I do. You just have to get past the Brits hatred of American cars.

A really good show

By PatrickWentz, Mar 13, 2012

Too bad EVERYONE compares the US version of the show (produced by the BBC) to the British version. On its own it is a very good and entertaining show. Not sure where all the hate comes from for this version.

I love cars but...

By wassup, Feb 29, 2012

I love cars but this show sucks especially when half of the time they're doing stupid stuff that has nothing to do with hot rides. I mean what happened to drag racing, doing 360's, and properly reviewing a car inside and out. All three presenters are not feeling it and they are terrible actors,too! They just wanna copy the very successful UK show but honestly they don't come close. All they do is talk about trucks and American cars, I mean c'mon people there are other cars out there!!! I give this a 5 mediocre rating because I kinda enjoyed a few episodes and/or segments, but if it wasn't for the cars i would give this show a 2.. yes out of 10 :)moreless

Sorry, but Blazer666_uk has gotten his shows mixed up, this is the US version of the show. It only had a short life on NBC.

Put simply, this show is a poor substitute for the original UK goodness.

By RobertWilco, Sep 23, 2011

Top Gear got rid of their US showings of the UK show in 2007 only to shove this piece of show in its place early 2008. THIS show features Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust, and Eric Stromer. And if the words "Adam" "Carolla" don't repel you, maybe you should read a review by Jay Leno the would-be host (he declined).

"I like the show just the way it is. Jeremy and the guys are extremely talented, so maybe it would be an idea to do an American show similar to Top Gear but not with the same name, because I think it would be impossible to recreate or live up to the standards of the British show. " -Jay Leno

What a poor substitute of perfectly great show. Oh and good luck watching the UK show in the US. Top Gear blocked all US IP address for watching videos on their site and don't play them on cable channels.

Load More Reviews