TRL

Show Reviews (32)

Good
7.6

Gave me the whos who of who I liked to listen to.

By gracielove, Nov 09, 2012

GREAT!! The perfect show. (Think I used who enough times LOL).

Greatness!

By T_VFan, May 01, 2012

Carson Daly is a great show! I used to "sing" all the time to this show because karaoke is FUUUUUUUUN. Everyone loves karaoke.... what a great concept for fans who enjoy music and karaoke!

The show that provided the musical score for my second (third?) childhood!

By mistressmarilyn, Aug 01, 2010

In its heyday, TRL was the defining moment of the day for all us pop princess and would-be hiphop heroes. We didn't have to be on the streets of New York City below the studio, screaming up at the Backstreet Boys, NSync or Eminem. We could watch from across the country and feel like we were there, believing ourselves to be young and carefree, just months before the attack on the Twin Towers.

Carson Daly was the man. Snarky and too smart for his own good, he defied the latter by getting engaged to Tara Reid, then after their famous breakup in June of 2001, he was forced to welcome her to TRL along with the rest of the cast from 'American Pie 2.' It was moments like these that kept us watching.

As someone far past her school days, I was forced to tape the show every day and watch it back later. Why was I so fascinated? After a decade of dealing with sick parents (who had both passed on by the time I rediscovered the Top 40) and moving up the 'corporate ladder,' I was ready to relax and have fun again.

And it was fun. Those spring break specials! Those summertime beach locations. Those memorable appearances--like the infamous meltdown of Mariah Carey and her "ice cream for everyone." And, oh yeah, the countdown. We loved the countdown.

Everything changed after Sept. 11. MTV went dark for a day or so, and when TRL reconvened to supposedly help a stunned (young) America cope, it was strained and strange. Carson Daly moved on shortly after. And, for me, that was the end of my Year of Living Foolishly. I still tuned in from time to time, but the pop music I loved had lost its foothold on the music scene and the show seemed more inane than innate.

But, man, it was fun while it lasted!moreless

Good music show.

By Vital_Shot, Sep 29, 2007

This is a pretty good show, if you're into music. I'm a huge music fan, and I love counting down with the hosts to see whose going to be at the top of the charts that day. I love the MTV news that catches up on the gossip in Hollywood too. They have guest stars galore; and the guest stars are wonderful at that. They get the A-List music and movie stars to come and debut their music video, or advertise their movie. I think this show is one of the last music shows on MTV that I actually watch. :)moreless

Genre Music videos

Starring Damien Fahey

Vanessa Minnillo

Susie Castillo

La La Vasquez

Country of origin United States

By bdani222, Jun 13, 2007

Total Request Live (commonly known as TRL) is the flagship television series on MTV that features popular music videos. TRL is MTV's prime outlet for music videos as the network continues to concentrate on reality-based programming. In addition to music videos, TRL features daily guests. The show is a popular promotion tool used by musicians, actors, and other celebrities to promote their newest works to the show's target teen demographic.

TRL plays the top ten most requested videos of the day, as requested by viewers who vote online for their favorite video. The countdown starts with the tenth most requested video and ends with the most requested. The show generally airs Monday through Thursday for one hour, though the scheduling and length of the show have fluctuated over the years. Despite the word "Live" in the title of the show, many episodes are actually pre-recorded.

This summer, the show will be relaunched and renamed, possibly to YouRL, with a heavily web-based, interactive format including home viewers able to communicate live by the use of SightSpeed on their home computers.. "While the show is still in development, YouRL is the leading title," an article in Broadcasting & Cable confirmed.moreless

yeah...no

By phillipj5, Apr 07, 2007

i never liked music that was on the TV and on the Radio every damn. cuz that was TRL and 106th and park is its garbage. they play wack a*s music and from what i read from other reviews they only play one minute of the video. i never noticed that, what i did notice those retards let people t why they wanted this video to be viewed and they give shout outs to every one they know and the SCREAM wOOOOOO !! 1 ! 1 ! ! 1 1 1! after every damn shout out... and the hosts of the shows are so damn gay bunch of fakersmoreless

Has lost its worthiness.

By pryl18, Mar 13, 2007

I watched TRL every single day of my life for years but since Carson Daly is out the show has never ever been the same. Years ago the videos were played completely from beggining to end; now your are lucky if you get 15 seconds. I see no point in the show anymore. The new VJ's are ok but nobody like Carson, he was perfect for this show. He was the right age to know a lot about music and he was friends with a lot of artist because of it. Now the show is lucky to last a full hour and not even 30 minutes of it are for music videos; it's pointless. I just think MTV has gone mad in the last few years. Music TeleVision and all you see is drama, drama, drama. The only videos that you get are really early in the morning and that's it. It's not worth it anymore.moreless

Total Request Live is average....

By Love_ya24, Dec 24, 2006

Total Request Live is something i watch every single day to see if the music videos have changed rankings to reach number 1. Alot of people just vote for a certain music video because its sung by a certain person or someone has a guess appearance in it or something. They don\'t open up more videos to artists that don\'t have a huge reputation. This show is really average to me because its the same people day after day on the countdown. They just change spots from number 3 to number 1 or the opposite. Not the best music show, but its a decent show to watch if your bored and want to hear some music.moreless

The day the music died...

By chkenparm, Dec 07, 2006

Do you want to see 1 minute clips of top 40 songs? Do you want to hear people talking through that one minute giving shoutouts to people you don't know, or maybe just have a gaggle of screeching tweeners? Now how about if those song were almost the same set of songs every day? Want to have some really bad interviews with stiff hosts in between? How about some really uninformative news? If these are things you would love to see then this is your show!

Seriously, I used to love MTV, what in the world happened?

Shame on you MTV.moreless

The only good thing going for MTV.

By GeorgeJobson, Nov 04, 2006

I like "TRL" (Total Request Live) because it gives fan the opportunity to vote on they're favorite videos. Once in a great while I will vote. I will vote for videos that shouls be there. For example in 2005, I tried to vote for "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay, but it never reach the top 10. I love the show sometimes, what I don't like are the peole who promote their ego, rather than have someting to say. Another group who I don't like are movie stars who promote bad movies and people who come on the show and don't promote anything at all, except open their pieholes. I like TRL, but I wish they have better guest.moreless

Load More Reviews