HBO Renews True Blood for Season 7 Because You're Still Going to Watch It

By Tim Surette

Jul 15, 2013

Fangbangers, fairy-f*ckers, and werewolf love-makers, fantastic news! HBO has renewed True Blood for a seventh season, quite simply because no matter how insanely ludicrous this show gets, you will still watch it. A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay." Season 7 will debut next summer; an episode count was not announced.

True Blood is currently in its sixth season (read Lily's great review of Sunday's episode right here!) full of blood-pool reincarnations, ancient fairies, and frantic humping. It's the first season without creator Alan Ball captaining the ship, but while ratings have dipped since the show's heyday and Game of Thrones has usurped its status of network darling, the ratings haven't dropped nearly far enough for HBO to consider cancellation, and chatter about the show remains strong. 

Congratulations to all the True Blood cast members, who are probably all doing lots of sit-ups to celebrate. 

• Comments (38)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • sjpar1 Aug 12, 2013

Sorry, but to keep this show on, make it less ridiculous and never cross it with GAME OF THRONES, the best show on tv EVER.

• darkangel24amy Aug 05, 2013

hope they go back to 12 episodes!!!!

• JackSaat Jul 28, 2013

So long they not kill off Jessica it's all good! This show is one of the most crazy on TV it's not only fun too watch but you don't know what crazy complete out of no were storyline they pulling out next!

• Vabz Jul 22, 2013

YAY

• FilmFanatic Jul 16, 2013

I love True Blood and these are fangastic news! Season 6 is great so far and it actually reminds me a lot of TB's first couple of seasons.

• LujanAguirre Jul 16, 2013

Actually, it make a lot of sense that they renew the show for another season, simply because season 6 it's pretty good, really, it's been a while since this show surprised me, and this season, it's doing it in every episode. So yay! good news!

I think if they could just remove the werewolves and Terry's storyline, things could be even better. (I love Todd Lowe, but c'mon, that storyline it's booooooring!).

• Sw33tEscape Jul 16, 2013

A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay."

Hey now, this season actually makes sense. No weird supernatural species popping out of nowhere, no main-character developing a new super-power, now random weirdness going on that you hope will make sense by the end of the season. This season is surprisingly stable, it's building/developing on the events that happened last season (Warlow, Lilith, the consequences of bombing the Tru-Blood factory), and there are a few twists here and there, but nothing out-right absurd is happening.

It seems like this new writer is actually sane.

• No1Slayerette Jul 16, 2013

'A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay." I very much doubt this would be the response from fans if this happened to Lafayette, there would definitely be more death threats then, "Oh, okay's".

I would feel more comfortable knowing whether or not the new head writer already had plans as to where he wants to lead the characters heading towards an eventual end. That doesn't seem to be in the near future though, and like others have said, despite my constant eye-rolling at the show, I'll continue to watch until (the hopefully not bitter) end.

• Demonstrable Jul 16, 2013

Empty your brain and enjoy the ride.

• Dirk13 Jul 15, 2013

I will say, not all the True Blood reviews are.....cogent at times, but much like the episode itself, the review was one of the best I've read. The frank gushing over the Fae scene was amusing ;P .

• See More Comments (18)