Zombie Vamps in Bon Temps? Watch the First Footage from True Blood Season 7 (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Apr 21, 2014

With True Blood preparing to swan dive into a pool of holy water as it nears its end, it looks like the show is going all out for its final season. HBO released the first trailer for Season 7 during last night's Game of Thrones broadcast, and it includes ill vampires, ruminations of a forthcoming apocalypse, and FEMA forgetting about Louisiana all over again. 

If you're going to go out with a bang, turning vampires into rampaging, diseased freaks isn't a bad way to go. But without even one glimpse of a shirtless Joe Manganiello, I'm worried True Blood may be losing its tough. 

Now that you've got your first glimpse of the final season, are you excited for it?

True Blood Season 7 premieres Thursday, June 22 at 9pm on HBO.

• Comments (56)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • dazednconfuuzed May 04, 2014

I don't know why they're trying to make it seem like the hep v vampires are zombies... they aren't.. at least not in the typical sense of the word... the show runner already did an interview a lil while back and said that they're not zombies, just that they're sick and dying desperate vampires that need to consume more blood then the average vamp to try and stave off the sickness. They will eventually succumb to the the virus no matter what but they can slow the progression of the illness by drinking tons of blood (like 10 times as much as vamps normally need to subsist.)
    I'm wondering if its gunna turn out that the hep v virus mutates and starts killing humans too..that's prb the only way im gunna like this storyline..

• LibbySimonHol Apr 22, 2014

Ugh! Was the point of that trailer to make me not want to watch this season so I wont feel bad that the show is ending afterwards?

• TracyTrouble Apr 22, 2014

Glad it's on the outs - it jumped the shark so much since s3, that even the shark is suffering from PTSD and needs counselling.

• No1Slayerette Apr 22, 2014

Last season was a vast improvement on the two that proceeded it, so I'm hoping the series can go out with a high. The trailer makes it looks like they've really raised the stakes for the final season, so I'm eagerly anticipating it, but I'm also glad that this will be the final season.

• itsmemadie01 Apr 22, 2014

i never liked sookie and bill since episode 1 could have thrown them in niagara and i will not care i watched the show because of eric and pam they are awesome glad this trainwreck is on its final season

• chris17blue Apr 22, 2014

the writers must have been watching too much of "The Walking Dead" ... while on crack ...

what the hell is this crap?!?!!?

• yamachamama Apr 22, 2014

I am so over True Blood. But still, I'll watch it.
    Not so excited about it. More annoyed at myself because I know I end up watching every episode.
    Despite the significant decline in entertainment value, sometimes you just have to see a train wreck all the way through to the end.

• LaurenAmster Apr 22, 2014

I can't even think about this or comment, Game of Thrones is still going strong. Only once the season is over can I attempt to give a crap about True Blood once more.

• danield222 Apr 22, 2014

The first two season are good, then downhill from there. But i have faith in the last season, because they don't need to set up anything for later seasons, so they can focus on the main story.
    I hope it will be a redemption story for the series, unlike Dexter or How I Met You Mother.

• prometheus20 Apr 22, 2014

Just because vampires and zombies are vary popular nowadays it does not mean we should merge the two. What's next? Zombie witches, zombie detectives, or perhaps a a new sitcom about a zombie moving in with its parents after getting a divorce.

• See More Comments (16)