True Blood

Show Reviews (263)

True Dud

By Sailor6Lover6, Jul 16, 2015

Very disappointed, so disappointed that I couldn't even cry. What a waste of my years waiting for this to finish. you guys could have ket Tara and and Alcide and just send them away or some snap. Or atleast leave Sookie with Alcide if you weren't gonna put her with Bill. Or what would have made it even cooler is if her airy ball was a her heart of some mystical thing that helped turn Bill human. I mean after costing so many people their lives, its the least she could do damn! I wish I would have known it would end bad so I didn't put myself through itmoreless

True to the end.

By OP, Feb 21, 2015

With True Blood you have to have patience, to let it grow on you until it gets addictive, you have to have a sense of humor, to understand irony and sarcasm, you have to understand its quirkiness and know it is not your classic TV show recipe because, all in one, it is:

Fetishist: we've had witches and fairies, maenads and smoke demons, all of them playing second violin to the usual inhabitants of the show: vampires, humans and werewolves, all inclined to obsess over a talisman, a prophecy, a dream or selfish desires motivated by destiny.

Funny: you cannot help it when Pam is wearing a yellow kitty Wal-Mart sweatshirt to show team spirit, Lafayette is mesmerized by his own mirror image whenever he catches a glimpse and is not busy making AIDS hamburgers, Eric calls Sookie Snooky and is amused by "teacup humans", Ginger is more than ready to put her lungs to the test in delicious screaming sessions or Jessica eats Andy's fairy daughters, gets all horny and warns Jason she too might rape him And Jason! Jason is memorable in his getting raped struggles, having Jessica sex dreams crashed in on by Hoyt or knowing God doesn't exist to punish evil, otherwise good old fascinating Europe wouldn't still be with us!

Sarcastic: sarcasm is the main feature most fans miss on this show; the saying the witty will have fun while the stupid won't get it couldn't be more true. While most people debate over Bill & Sookie's undying love like they are watching another version of Twilight, they also miss on this show's greatest asset: making fun of stupid social relationship & sex expectations, going crazy and testing social boundaries simply to see how far people are taking it in, when people stop getting the point and continue to lie to themselves. This is a show that gets better with each replay, in those moments when you "get" a line you previously missed on, or a scene you skipped by initially.

Cynical: people are hopeless and this show proves it with each episode. We can't talk True Blood without admitting humans are selfish by nature, ruled by emotion, and heavily influenced by the same primitive, barbaric instincts that helped them survive so far. Mix it all in with homosexual phobias, wishing for superpowers so that the world around is less plain and boring, objectifying men as well as women, glorifying threesomes and putting lust on a pedestal and you get one hell of a guilty pleasure TV show pushing ethical and social boundaries!

Dramatic: "Sookieh!"

Ironic: what is said and what is meant on this show that never took itself seriously? It really is about all the drama in and around it, whenever critics and fans analyze ratings and expectations based on "quality television" scoring that have nothing to do with what the creator meant to do with it. I believe Alan Ball laughs himself off each time he reads a review saying True Blood has gone down the drain of quality television and knows the joke is on all the Americans who embraced it for the wrong reasons, not realizing for a second what it is about (the funny portraying of the social hypocrisy that runs this country) When answering the question on what this show is really about, where else could he have better pulled the phrase " about the horrors of intimacy" than out of his ass?!

Witty: here is where its own lines serve to support this feature better than any words from someone else's mouth: "Don't blame a Ferrari just because your ass can't drive!"

Exaggerated: fairies giving birth to an entire batch of babies on pool tables while singing their lungs off, vampires having neck twisting sex or ripping human(ity)'s spine on live television, moments before announcing it is time for the weather forecast.

Far Fetched: "I'm so over Sookie and her precious fairy vagina, and her unbelievably stupid name. Fuuuck Sookie!!!" As incredible as it might seem, Pam's line summarizes exactly what this show is basically about. Again, unbelievable or not, we have all felt the same at some point in the life span of True Blood, the funny thing being that it was never really over for any of us and even now, when the finale is around the corner, we will always have fond memories of this one of a kind show.

Addictive: a guilty pleasure can only be addictive and I can never get enough: of Eric, the vampire God who bows to no one; of Pam and her beautiful pumps/puns; of Jason and his endearing funny simple minded way of being; of Lafayette and his quirkiness; of the stylish queen of Louisiana; of Russell Edgington with his significant other in the crystal bowl of red goo; of Steve Newlin, who's always been "like a tree in the wind just happy to be included!"

Smart: who can argue with the absolutely fabulous opening credits of this show? Jace Everett's "I wanna do bad things with you", supporting the images portraying the southernness of it all, is as effective in its simplicity as nothing else can be. And let's not forget about the catchy promos, like a good and delicious starter before every season: "True End", "One last bite", "Goodbyes suck", "Everything is at stake", "Nothing like a good cup of Joe" or "Waiting sucks"!

Silly: every moment you want to slap yourself silly while/for watching this show is priceless: from Arlene's little girl dressing up for Halloween as Pregnant Teen Mom, to Sarah Newlin screwing Jason in every which way in the name of God! Praise the Lord!

Hot: this is where an entire season of its own is required: thinking of Eric & Yvette in the basement of Fangtasia, Sookie's awesome threesome red lace underwear fantasy, Jason and his push-ups to clear his mind of fantasizing over Jessica, Jessica being Little Red Riding Hood, Alcide & Eric growling naked at each other, Eric burning hot in the Scandinavian snowy mountains.

Embarrassing: this would be the passing feeling leading into amusement at the expense of everyone else who looks disappointed in you each time you admit this show is one of the best comedies ever; it's like them not being let in your little secret: it's amusement mixed with understanding that you have to have a certain dose of indulgence and humor in your veins to be able to enjoy it and expect whatever crazy from it; and you smile while saying: "You know nothing John Doe!"

Great: have you read all of the above or do I have to repeat myself?!moreless

Just a question:

By torinocopy, Sep 01, 2014

Where's the magic gone? I'm not really disappointed, just a little sad. Farewell without a real end.

By jackjodway, Aug 31, 2014

True blood has declined so much over the years. The last season was absolutely terrible. I felt robbed. I've watched tb since season 1 and had all these years invested in it that I had to know how it ended. I was not happy about any of the last season. Eric should be dead first of all. When I hear it's open season on all characters, I expect someone important to die. Alcide? Really? Tara? Give me a break. And bills death was so drawn out I wanted to puke. Where's the shocker? It's the last season I expected you to blow my mind. Unfortunately I had to force myself to watch as the jibberish you call a show went on.moreless

Terrible! !!

By amparogonzalez3958, Aug 29, 2014

I found the last season completely disrespectful to the viewers. Just empty meaning disappointed with true blood and HBO for allowing such a terrible end.

Good riddance!

By AshlyCalixte, Aug 26, 2014

Completely asinine. The worst TV series in HBO history. This is just as bad and mortifying as "Pretty Little Liars". True Blood series finale... WHAT WAS THAT? I AM SO CONFUSED. Yes, good riddance.

Season Finale.

By SandroGinnari, Aug 25, 2014

I admit it's not the best season but I loved this show for every bit, in the good and the bad miss ya true blood

Fake Blood

By Gualty2439, Jul 22, 2014

This season seems a bad parody of what once was a great show. Whereas irony and black comedy there is now just emotionless melodramatic cries, deeply useless introspections, almost no plot and, what's worst, a very bad directing timing. The actors seems to have to improvise their facial expression in order to gain footage, camera goes on useless stuff, they use flashback but completely meaningless for the situation. It''s almoust an "behind the scenes", after everything's end. No motvation, no passion, no bad taste just bitter, no politically incorrect, just funly incorrect.

.... And now, time for the weather. Tiffany ?moreless

This season really bites--in a bad way

By carlatoby, Jul 21, 2014

This last season has been rife with bad writing, bad sex, the decline of character substance and sloppy directing. This used to be my favorite show--or at least one of them--and I am a long-time fan of the books. But this last season has been dismally disappointing. The show is going out with a whiney whimper and everything about it is so revolting that I'm not even going to watch the rest of the episodes. Hollywood seems bent on insulting the show's viewers, and whomever is writing this last season has shown such contempt for us with astoundingly asinine "plot" lines and idiotic dialogue that my "willing suspension of disbelief" has been replaced with my willing suspension of watching this drivel. Shame on you, True Blood creators. You've wasted the abiity of some highly talented actors with your laziness and incompetence.moreless

best review for true blood

By raustin355, Jul 21, 2014

True blood is by far the worst network series to ever hit television. can people put themselves through the torture of watching even one full episode? 8.6 rating? Not in your wildest dreams... the shit sucks.

Load More Reviews