Watch the Trailer for HBO's Great-looking True Detective (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Sep 09, 2013

I know we just named our ten most anticipated new shows of fall 2013, but when can we start discussing our most anticipated new shows of the midseason? Because HBO's upcoming drama True Detective already has a spot reserved high on that list. We're even more excited for it after seeing the new trailer, which HBO released tonight. 

True Detective stars a pair of guys who probably don't wear shoes that often, Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, as detectives investigating a case involving a serial killer in Louisiana. The eight-episode series will follow the initial investigation and the re-opening of the case 17 years later via a series of back-and-forth time-jumps, and yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. Future seasons, should True Detective get any, would switch up the cast and locale à la American Horror Story

True Detective premieres in January.

• Comments (37)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Lars900 Jan 08, 2014

Prediction : best new tv series of 2014.

• DesertWolf Dec 23, 2013

Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson in a TV show??? I can't believe that I am 100% will watch it, it is going to be the best drama show for 2014, I just started counting the days, LOL

• antmorris3511 Sep 12, 2013

I'm about 99% certain this will be fantastic. Hell it's HBO.... Not To Mention the heavyweight headliners. HBO works wonder with people with zero acting experience.

• maxpower212 Sep 11, 2013

I wonder what the weed budget is for this series, with those two leads.

• LittleRedding Sep 11, 2013

Looks awesome!

• emilianopaniz Sep 10, 2013

I'm the only one to sense a strong Rectify vibe?

• c07111 Sep 10, 2013

Will definitely be watching, but why do I get the feeling it's going to take me a couple of eppys not to get the characters of Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson mixed up. Their style of acting is so similiar.

• MintberryCrunch Sep 09, 2013

By now surely we all at least give HBO shows a go right? I mean they are basically always brilliant even when they don't particularly satisfy your tastes you know somewhere out there someone else is in love with it.
    Definitely will be watching.

• sheikyerbouti1 Sep 09, 2013

looks quality, count me in!

• Mjallirow Sep 09, 2013

this looks AWESOME finally fuck yes I'll watch this!

• See More Comments (20)