Watch the New Trailer for AMC's Historical Spy Thriller Turn (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jan 11, 2014

AMC has released a new trailer for its Revolutionary War spy drama Turn, which debuts April 6 at 9pm with a 90-minute premiere. Starring Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) and based on the book Washington's Spies by Alexander Rose, Turn tackles America's very first spy ring and the birth of modern espionage tactics. Bell plays Abe Woodhull, a New York farmer who bands together with a group of his childhood friends to form the Culper Ring, which aids George Washington in turning the tide in favor of the Rebels by acting as secret agents. 

Turn's first season will run for 10 exciting episodes filled with espionage, fabulous wigs, and Torchwood's Burn Gorman, who pops up in the most unexpected places. But lest you think the premise is limiting, the show's executive producers have assured us that Turn actually has the potential to continue for many seasons, given the length of the Revolutionary War and the fact that the intelligence branch is active after the war ends. 

Press play on the video below to get a feeling for the show, and don't forget to set your DVRs for April 6!

Will you watch Turn?

• Comments (12)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • GeoWash Apr 04, 2014

Shame on AMC. I was looking forward to this show, but having read a review of the pilot, I am VERY disappointed. The relationship between two main characters is pure FICTION, not based on fact. Abe Woodhull and Anna Strong did NOT have any "romantic" connection, as the show will portray. The real Anna was 10 years older than Abe, had been married for 15 years, and had 3 children with her husband Selah Strong, before the events in this show even start.

But, evidently, in the show, Abe and Anna are former lovers and their ongoing "romance" is a major storyline in the first season. It is all based on FALSE history. Also, in the show, Abe is married to another woman. Well, Abe Woodhull didn't marry his wife, Mary, until 1781, well after the events this show will portray. Yet, AMC is touting this as a "true" story. I can only hope that the events of the actual Culper Spy Ring will be accurate. It is disgraceful that AMC is corrupting the history of these American patriots.

Shame, shame AMC. And shame on Alexander Rose for allowing his very good book to be used as a basis for these falsehoods. Mr. Rose knows better. His book barely mentions Anna Strong, just 3 times, for she was not a crucial member of the Spy Ring. But, here she is, and Abe's "love interest" to boot. This show will do a great disservice to the heroic memory of Abe, and to the real Anna, who was a married woman, and who did provide a great service to the Ring, albeit not as Abe's "girlfriend". Sigh.

Shame on AMC. The TRUE story should have been told.

• saizen33 Mar 25, 2014

I thought this show looked interesting from the beginning. Then, after watching Sleepy Hollow, which I am seriously missing right now, and learning that Ichabod Crane was also a spy for George Washington, this looks even more awesome!

• the_TV_Titan Jan 12, 2014

Heard of this show a few times but had no interest in it's premise. After this trailer and seeing Jamie Bell starring, I will definitely give it a shot. I thought he did an excellent job in The Eagle. Being opposite GoT may not completely harm the series either being that many people lack HBO subscriptions.

• Tanis_Ketra Jan 12, 2014

So looking forward to this, love period pieces :)

Also, youtube version for anyone else who couldn't get the other one working :)

• Vicky8675309 Jan 12, 2014

The trailer makes me want to see the show. I hope it ends but being as good as it seems especially since so many good shows have ended or are ending next season.

• auraeulogia Jan 12, 2014

the video cannot be viewed fron your current location. REALLY?.
    will see about that.

try this:

• auraeulogia Jan 12, 2014

• antdude Mar 30, 2014

That one is only 31 seconds but the other one is way longer.

• MarkGrioli Jan 12, 2014

I don't think this is the same one. This was released on the 3rd of December. Thanks anyway.

they look the same to me and I can see both of them

• KiowaWoolley Jan 11, 2014

Can't wait! I think AMC does quite well with Hell On Wheels and trust them with another period piece. Plus I've been waiting for a Revolutionary War era drama since the better parts of John Adams.