It's Still a Good Life

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Why did they re-made the classic?

By ZoneHero, Mar 12, 2011

When I watch the orginal version (which was a orginal, but flawed, in its time), all I wished for was to to bash in that little brick! And that plot twist in the end, though unexpected, was weak!

I mean, come on! The duaghter was the only one free the world from that A-Hole and she just didn't do it! Her father was a demon on earth and anyone in the town knew that, he even set a blaze the father of his duaghter's friend right infront of her, he even sent his own wife away! Jeez, if was Anthony's kid, I would sent him to the cornfield in a snap!moreless

Remaking the classic.

By billgoldberg1, Mar 12, 2011

So they attempted to remake one of the original classics of the series, ... and they succeeded.

I must have watched the original a dozen times.

Other shows have capitalised on the idea (supernatural -> Lilith).

It was no surprise the 2002 series would do the same.

The child-monster has grown up and still terrorises the people of his town.

People need to be happy 24/7 or face the now grown-up monster, who will "banish" them to the "cornfields".

But things have changed, the monster apparently has very human needs and fathered a daughter.

We are told by Forrest that she has no powers, but that quickly changes as the episode unfolds.

We found out the young girl has more powers than her father.

This comes as a relief to the monsters mother, who lives in terror day in day out, hoping her granddaughter can kill her insanly unhuman son.

In a classic classic Twilight Zone way, the little girl turns on her grandmother and the people of the town and makes her father (the monster) live in terror of her.

She brings back everything he hates, and destroys everything he loves.

This is most likely the best episode of the new series.moreless