The Flavin' and the Mavin'

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Season 6, Episode 4.

By Wanted23, Feb 24, 2009

Charlie starts dating Alan's receptionist, Melissa. I really liked the storyline for this episode. I loved the scene when Charlie met Melissa. Haha, he made Alan look so bad. It was so humorous. It was an awesome and well written scene. Hehe, Jake was jealous when Charlie was hitting his fifth grade teacher. I can't even remember that, but it sounds so familiar. I'm pretty sure it was in the third season, though. YAY, Judith was in this episode! Hehe, I love her, especially when she meets women that Charlie and Alan bring home. I haven't seen many episodes this season but I'm glad I tuned in for this one. :)moreless

There's no substance.

By junkman123, Oct 14, 2008

Okay so Charlie wants to "hit" Alan's receptionist. Alan doesn't want him to because but Charlie doesn't care and does. Charlie breaks up with the girl. Alan gets the bum stick and the receptionist treats him badly due to Charlie.

That's it. Okay they make a joke about hitting it. Woo.

Seriously, this was such horrible episode. It doesn't make you laugh, Charlie and Alan just act like jerks the entire time. And the kid has become a joke about how he's fat and stupid.

So save your self some time. Watch an earlier season, put it on mute and write some good dialogue and good story. Just don't watch this.moreless

Charlie starts dating Alan's receptionist.

By thefanof, Oct 14, 2008

Even when the corresponding episode isn't the greatest Two and a Half Men pretty much guarantees you a great opening scene and they came through with this promise again. Jon Cryer is definitely long overdue for an Emmy win. His combination of the over-the-top antics of George Costanza with his general good-hearted nature always results in some tremendous lines.

I liked that this episode didn't dance around the issue and jumped right into the plot; Charlie wants to sleep with Alan's receptionist. Another positive was the lack of Jake here. Ever since he aged he's become insufferable so seeing him not interrupt this storyline was a refreshing change of pace. The chemistry between Alan and Melissa was fantastic. Alan trying to get her to stop talking about her sex life was very entertaining, and his dry wit was perfectly timed. Alan's disgust of the word "hitting" was also great. This was just a really good episode and proved that Two and a Half Men is still one of the best comedies on television.moreless