Watch the First Two Mini-Trailers for FX's Tyrant (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

May 23, 2014

Before today, all we really knew about FX's Tyrant is that it would involve guys in suits and a lot of orange sand. But FX has just released two promos for the new drama that aren't restricted to visual metaphors. Okay, one of the two trailers does show a guy "running" away from his past, but at least we have a little better idea of what the show will look like. There will be slaps! 

Tyrant comes from Howard Gordon (24Homeland) and Gideon Raff (Homeland), and is officially described thusly:

A a story of an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation. Bassam "Barry" Al Fayeed, the younger son of the dictator of a war-torn nation, ends a self-imposed 20-year exile to return to his homeland, accompanied by his American wife and children, for his nephew’s wedding. Barry’s reluctant homecoming leads to a dramatic clash of cultures as he is thrown back into the familial and national politics of his youth.

Opinion time: Tyrant didn't make it onto our freshly published list of the 10 new summer series we're most excited to see, and having seen the promos, my mind hasn't changed because I'm still not sure where it's headed. Guess we'll have to watch to find out. 

Tyrant premieres Tuesday, June 24 at 10pm on FX.

• Comments (5)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • P3TE May 26, 2014

Can't see the darn thing...

• Kerkesh May 26, 2014

It cannot be but bullshit. I am waiting for the local media coverage on how bad to reactas I won't be watching it.

• auraeulogia May 25, 2014

unavailable

• silverscreenluv May 24, 2014

This looks really boring.

• dostunuz May 24, 2014

Typical crap. West is good, East is bad, all hail Uncle Sam.