CBS Renews Under the Dome for Season 2

By Tim Surette

Jul 29, 2013

You know what they say. When an Angie comes out of her bunker/burrow and sees her shadow, it means one more season of Under the Dome. CBS has ordered a second round of its adaptation of Stephen King's novel, just five episodes into the show's first season. The announcement was made in tandem with CBS's session at the Television Critics Association press tour that's currently underway in Los Angeles. 

The network has asked for 13 more episodes of the summer super-smash that way back when was initially billed as a "limited event," with an eye on 2014 for more dome-related trauma. The King himself, Stephen, will write the Season 2 opener. The series has been averaging a substantial 13.84 million viewers and a 3.5 adult demo rating in live-plus-same-day ratings, dome-inating the competition. Last week's episode showed little sign of slowing down, drawing 11.37 million for the live broadcast. (Because nothing else is on.)

This show isn't very good. At all. But look at those gaudy numbers! CBS would have been dome dumb not to give it a second season. Who cares if that means stretching things out with episodes about fires, meningitis outbreaks, or MOABs. Maybe now we'll have time for termites, a flat tire, and a backed-up toilet. But hey, these everyday problems get magnified, when you're... Under the Dome.

• Comments (295)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • kaylawiseman8833 Jan 19, 2014

well personally i like under the dome and so does my family. i think everyone on here has the own opinion about things some may bash and some like it so who cares really... I would love to know what happened to barbie. and why the egg went crazy when it got put in water lol i have red some of the book and i know in the book the egg was really a box. and for people who keep saying things about the book and the show. go read the comic books for the walking dead it has yet to follow but maybe half of the comic so why is this any different they don't want you to be able to read the book and know what is gonna happen on the show that would be pointless.

• BarbieloveJulia Oct 15, 2013

I found a very good, romantic show that should keep us until Season 2 of Under The Dome.

Beauty and the Beast': Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk talk Season 2 romance in 'Kidnapped. I love it, its worth your time.

• katetitus1 Sep 25, 2013

I've enjoyed watching this show. It's not like some of the other shows on TV. You know, the ones that are duplicates of other shows (with small changes here and there, so that you think you're getting something "new.") Okay, so the show didn't end when you initially thought it would, big deal. Get over it. So many people want what they want when they want it. Then, when they don't get what they want they throw a fit and act really ugly. You can either be patient and wait to find out how it ends, or don't watch the next season. I don't see them stretching this out for years. I would hope they wouldn't be that dumb to try something like that, but I wouldn't say no to another season. I honestly don't get why so many people are being so negative. If it's not for you, don't watch it. You're entitled to dislike it, but that doesn't mean you have to bash it. Okay, so it's different than the book...how many movies/shows have you seen that stay true to their original book version 100%??

• jimmiehicks77 Sep 17, 2013

there sure is lot of people on here bashing the show. Maybe other people think the shows you like are stupid.it is as easy as changing the channel but no you sit thru each episode and then go online and trash it.maybe you need to find something more constructive to do with your time? Lot of shows are bad and need to end. Look at greys anatomy. How many episodes can you do about over privileged doctors in some random love triangle or some incurable disease? under the dome is a young show based loosely off a book. If you want the story line from the book then read it twice."i don't like this show but I will spend time crying about how bad each episode is"continue to watch and hate,13 million viewrs cant be wrong.

• DanielleGaite Sep 17, 2013

Omg this pissed me off. I need more I want them to kill big Jim he has to die

• StevenHalsey Sep 17, 2013

Some of this stuff is just corny; they better have a way to tell what the dome is and why, I agree with other comments, we only watched it to find out the answer. Once ratings drop, will you finish the show or just leave it hanging. Very disappointed with the "finale".

• BobCorrado Sep 11, 2013

The only reason we are watching this crap is to find out what the dome is. Just found out about the second season. Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me!

hey bob eat a dick !!!!!!!

• joecollins965 Aug 16, 2013

This comment has been removed.

you like shows like greys anatomy and thing its t.v. fucking royalty fuck you and all the shows you like!!!!!!

• cneily2003 Aug 14, 2013

This show is horrible...the only thing it has in common with the book is that they both had a dome. Almost every character is different. For one, Norrie Calvert was a resident of chestermills. Junior has migraines/brain tumor that causes him to kill angie in literally the first 50 pages along with many others. I wasn't able to put the book down, the show however is a complete disappointment. Spielberg should be ashamed for what kind of product he's putting out....truly disgusted

• MadManners Aug 06, 2013

• mucka Sep 04, 2013

hahaha

• patsully Aug 06, 2013

I'd like to un-see this.

• See More Comments (127)