Everything We Know About Under the Dome Season 2 and a Refresher on Season 1
Happy Domeday, everybody!!! CBS's silly science-fiction series returns to television for Season 2 tonight whether you want it to or whether you really don't want it to, and I'm chompin' at the dome to know what comes next. So to get you prepared for another 13 episodes of dome-related nonsense, here's...
Everything we know about Season 2:
– There will still be a dome! I'm 75 percent sure about this.
– Executive producer and co-creator Brian K. Vaughan decided he would rather go back to writing
comics graphic novels and spend time with his family than have his name attached to the show, so he quit his job as Dome boss earlier this month. Supposedly he still mapped out all of Season 2 with showrunner Neal Baer, though.
– A major character will DIE in the first minutes of the Season 2 premiere! The list has been narrowed down to: DJ Phil, Officer Linda, Norrie, Norrie's other mom Carolyn, Ben the good-time stoner bro, and "resident hoarder Andrea," which pretty much tells us that the term "major character" is being used loosely. And another character will die before the episode is over! I hope the Dome and the alien-ghost-hologram of Norrie's mom survive!
– Stephen King wrote the first episode of Season 2. He actually watched Season 1 and decided to stick with this project even more than before. Someone please check Stephen King's temperature or give him a stroke test.
– The Dome becomes magnetic in the Season 2 opener because that is the next logical step in Dome-volution.
– There will be a way for people under the Dome to communicate with people over/outside the Dome because "there is a crack in the Dome... where internet messages can get through" or some bullshit, according to Baer.
– The Young and the Restless's Max Ehrich will join the cast as Hunter and he will be introduced in Episode 3. However, he'll only appear digitally, meaning he's probably one of those people communicating with people inside the Dome through the world wide internet. And of all the people he chooses to communicate with, he picks Joe and Norrie. Does he have secrets about the Dome or is he just a pedophile sending crotch Snapchats to kids?
– People might be able to get in and out of the Dome this season! Which pretty much sabotages the whole conceit of the show, but will also leads to an influx of new characters. Big Jim's brother-in-law will be played by CSI: New York's Eddie Cahill, a teacher will be played by Misfit's Karla Chrome, Barbie's father Don will be played by Person of Interest's Brett Cullen, a barbershop owner (gotta keep that Dome high and tight) will be played by Dwight Yoakam, and a mysterious woman who may know the origins of the Dome will be played by ER's Sherry Stringfield.
– The show will still be awful, according to Variety's review of the Season 2 premiere.
Relive the glory of Season 1
If you forgot that in the Season 1 finale, Julia Shumway threw a black egg into a lake for no reason at all and then pink streamers shot out of the ground and fireworks exploded while the town was trying to publicly lynch Barbie, then you might need a refresher on what happened. I've got you covered! Read my reviews of Season 1 and watch as I go from hopeful to depressed to suicidal over the course of the season.
Read all these and I will send you your official DomeMaster PhD certificate for being a learned expert in Under the Dome.
I'll be reviewing the second season of Under the Dome to save you the trouble of watching it, so check back tomorrow for my writeup of the Season 2 premiere if it doesn't lobotomize me too badly!
- Comments (55)