Rat Saw God

Episode Reviews (21)

Superb

One very memorable scene in an otherwise average episode

By ZapperLife, Oct 04, 2009

To me this episode wasn't very special, with that one exception. One of many favourite scenes of Veronica Mars actually.

Scene set in jail with Logan meeting his if-you-can't-afford-a-lawyer lawyer Clifford McCormack (the shows recurring guest star Daran Norris) after again be arrested for the murder of Felix. Veronica phones Cliff for a favour, and Logan get to see one of Cliff's specaialities and not to mention get a glimse of how Veronica gets her information as he recognise the e-mail adress Cliff gives the World-Telekom operator.

Daran Norris have several memorable scenes in the show, but this is probably the one I'll always remember him by. A very talented recurring actor and a very good role overall.moreless

Weidman + Veronica

By cavanagh15, Jan 12, 2009

I really like Kane software's security boss Weidman. He is surrounded in mystery and we still don't know what role Kane Software plays in the whole thing. I liked the fact that this episode was related to the crash. At some points during season one the writers got away from the murder and let Veronica take on a couple of high school cases first. This season seems to be sticking a little bit better to the overall story of the season. Logan meets up with his father again in jail as he was arrested for the murder of Felix. He eventually makes bail, but I didn't see the scene with his father being needed. I didn't like Logan for the first part of season one, then he got with Veronica and I liked him a lot, and now I'm back to not liking him again. Duncan is taking a back role this season and Wallace is taking a couple of episodes off to be with his Dad somewhere else. Even with the loss of some pretty big names and Logans return to being hated by everyone - the show still finds a way to keep me pulled in. Very interested to see if they can pull out this storyline over the entire season.moreless

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

By PabloExobar, Aug 21, 2008

OK. First of all.

GIA: What do you think about Dick?

Veronica: ....

Veronica: Oh, Dick Casablancas? Haha! How could the writers get away with this?(Well, this ain't the first time they do a joke like this, but... wow... I rofl'd). Onto the episode: a masterpiece, that's what it was. A nice amount of callback to season 1 which connects the current storylines with season 1's.

I wanted to mention it in my previous review, but forgot to. Anyway the last episode showed how Keith tried to play nice and clean instead of playing dirty like Lamb, and the results are in: Keith lost the election. Only by 1 percent, but he did. So yes. The world is unfair.

Anyways, in a nutshell:

Logan's arrested

Logan meets up with Aaron

Aaron still denies he killed Lily

Keith finds out about Curly's handwriting

Abel Koontz visits Veronica

Veronica tracks down the now-dead Amelia Veronica teams up with her season 1 nemesis, Clarence

Logan's house is burnt down by Weevil and co

Logan moves in with Duncan

Keith finds a rat under a seat of the bus that crashed

Oh! And Joss Whedon guest stars! HA!

That's about it . Lots of things going on, lots of developments, suspense from start to finish, really well done.

I like dark toned episodes - like this one. Noir and Veronica Mars are amazing together, so yea, that alone sold this episode to me. The little things in this episode were actualyl what made it a perfect 10 for me. Just some examples : Cliff returning and doing a favour for Veronica right infront of Logan. Veronica faking a picture just to calm Keith down. Veronica's one sided conversations with Wallace, etc

The occasional comic relief that you except from a VM episode was of course present and It was probably even better than usual. Veronica thinking Logan is Duncan, The Dick joke, Logan's TiVo comment, the receptionist(Naughty doesn't have an O in it)..and the list goes on..

Season 2 is just a masterpiece so far, I'd say the season average is around 9.5 right now.moreless

Veronica helps Abel find his daughter.

By amfarley84, May 29, 2007

Once again the creators of Veronica mars put out another decent episode. I thought that it was really nice of Veronica to help the dying Abel find his daughter so he could say goodbye. I tought that it was really sad that Veronica found his daughter but she was murdered but I think that it was good that Veronica found her. It was really disappointing that Keith was not elected sheiff but you can not say you did not see that one coming. I want to know why a person came forward to point his finger at Logan for killing Felix. It was funny that Logan was in the same cell as his father.moreless

Veronica is shocked when a dying Abel Koontz shows up asking for her help in finding his missing daughter before he dies. Logan is reunited with his father when he his arrested for Felix's murder, and Keith waits for the results of the election.

By andrada_charmed, Feb 22, 2007

Meanwhile, Logan is reunited with his father when he his arrested for Felix's murder, and Keith waits for the results of the election.

wow how hot is dick?! oh and of course logan..

Great episode, full of new developments...

By i5star, Aug 11, 2006

This episode it's like the turning point so far of te story.

Logan and Duncan get together and forget there differences and continue there friendship. I love the last scenes when Veronica walks in Duncan apartment and lay on top of Logan thinking that it was Duncan. Jajajaj, very funny...

Hated the scene of Logan and his father, come on it was unnecesary. His father doesnt even deserve to see Logan, anymore.

I understanded that Keith was very preocupied for Veronica's well being and the photo he needed was a very funny fact.

VM rules, it's great that it's gonna be after Gilmore...moreless

It's pronounced ih-'bee-thuh for god's sake.

By thelord1985, Jan 07, 2006

Really, it is.

It's kind of annoying really, that a show that can be so good, stuffs up something like this. I blame the Vengaboys for releasing that stupid song. It sounds like they are singing 'We're going to eat pizza'.

Love the series, but seriously, this stuff can't be allowed to happen.

Joss Whedon

By Fafhrd68, Nov 25, 2005

WOW, two guest appearance in one season so far of top notch writers/producers. What does this mean for the show. That finally we have the tide turned on the mindless drivel of TV and those who are demi-gods of the cinema have come down to lend and boost a show. Maybe this will finally give this show the boost from other fan bases. Its time that it is recognized for being one of the better written shows out there. PLEASE JOSS write a story for the show!moreless

How much did this one rock?!

By xanmanson, Nov 13, 2005

When you get the return of Harry Hamlin, Able Koontz (Am I spelling that right? Who knows?), and nasty security guy AND an appearance from Joss Whedon, you know you're in for something pretty special. Well okay, you knows it's sweeps, but still.

Plot- who cares? (Although it was great as ever) Weevil's back! (Ithink he was in the last ep, but hardly- here there's loooooooooooots of him!) Finally we get some progression of the Felix murder case; Daddy Mars was right- the writers like him poor, and there's the death of someone we've seen before! (Don't worry, it's no one too important).

The comedy's back on form also, after a slight lapse last time- Logan talking about being on a video link with Martha Stewart, Veronica suggesting the evil Kane security guy calls himself to escort her out of the building, and the public defender guy's reading of Logan's statements in the witness report: "that *expletive* *racial expletive* *expletive* had it coming". High-larious!

Also very cool was Veronica playing a double handed tag-team for Joss Whedon, and his junior was pretty great.

Then there was the pretty devestating heartbreak at Koontz' bedside, where Veronica comes through as the incredible girl we know she is.

Finally the ending- pretty dam wierd. It's possible my copy of the ending was wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was a rat stuck to the bottom of a seat in the bus- and that would make sense in the context of the ep title, if nothing else. Pretty strange, but I get the feeling, pretty important.

All in all, Rob Thomas and friends pulled out all the stops here for an excellent episode- it takes a week of no Veronica to really realize it tuely is the best show on television, and compared to Lost's rather lacklustre offering this week- another castaway dies, and it has exactly nothing to do with the island's mystery- why the hell bother? If there were any justice in the world, Veronica would be the show that's a constant fixture in the top ten nielsons ratings, and Lost would be the one struggling away at- what is it?- 90, 99? Still, at least it's up from last year!moreless

Load More Reviews