Silence of the Lamb

Episode Reviews (16)

Superb

After setting up a new business helping classmates dig up dirt on their parents, Veronica uncovers a huge revelation about her friend "Mac". Keith must team up with Sheriff Lamb to track down a serial killer.

By andrada_charmed, Jun 07, 2011

After setting up a new business helping classmates dig up dirt on their parents, Veronica uncovers a huge revelation about her friend "Mac" which leaves her wondering if some information is best left unknown.Meanwhile, Keith must team up with Sheriff Lamb to track down a serial killer.

cute episode

Veronica: You're teaming up with Lamb? Keith: It's a bitter pill, I know, but they're paying me my normal hourly. Veronica: And Lamb agreed to this? His head didn't explode? Keith: The mayor didn't give him a choice. I'm the closest thing they have to an E-String Strangler authority. And it's a big priority for the mayor. A killer preying on partying college girls tends to kill the spring break business. Veronica: So this is all about tourist revenue? God bless America.moreless

I\'d be lying if I said I liked this episode. There were some great points, but all in all - it was just a piece of junk with a great performance of Mac!

By mapleleaflady, Jun 07, 2011

First the storyline. OK, I get the copycat murders, but why team Keith up with Lamb? I mean, there were cases before, much more important in my opinion, and were left alone to Sheriff\'s Department to deal with, not to Keith. So this was a surprise, not a pleasant one. I expected more dirt out of Lamb mouth also.

What also struck me as impossible was Veronica\'s sudden cash miracle - Get-A-Dirt-opalooza. I mean, after watching her I don\'t think she would go that far for anyone. Not even to crash an 09er spirit.

And - what am I, a pep? I mean come one, \"girl falls for a boy?\" How cheesy is that, how not-Veronica to think? Leo was maybe a breeze of fresh air, but definitely the kind of air Veronica breathes. She couldn\'t simply fall for Leo so quickly, it took her a crashed spirit to hook up with Troy the last time, so forgive me if I\'m not buying this.

Too little Wallace in the episode, and of course Weevil helping her out - gosh.

Not enough good lines, although I have to give writers credit for Twilight Zone. Don\'t really see the Thomas Harris reference, sorry.

What I liked about it was Mac. Interesting plot, although I didn’t really understand that part about money (I mean, if the shop went broke, why didn\'t her father buy it again with the switch money? unless he did and he was still working in it just for fun... yeah, good one!). Mac was a nice change and real friend to Veronica - not Lilly type. I like the character, I hope she will be back someday.

However, the music compensated for at least part of the episode - it was well chosen to illustrate all situations Mac or Veronica were in.

But I am waiting for episodes resembling the first 5 or 6 - gripping and emotional, unraveling the mystery bit by bit.moreless

How did I totally forget about this episode? It's really good.

By verbaldaggers, Apr 23, 2008

Veronica starts digging up dirt for her classmate's on their parents. While doing this for Mac Veronica discovers she was switched at birth. Silence of the Lamb is a top rate Veronica Mars, all aspects of the episode are great. Mac's story is well paced nicely thought out and executed perfectly. Mac is a very sweet character and we can really get on board with her story. This episode has the introduction of love interest Leon, who is charming and very cute. The Keith and Sheriff Lamb parts builds quite a allot of tension as well as offering some great comedy at Lamb's expense. It's also nice to see the Lilly murder case re surface after being put on the back burner for the last few episodes. Silence of the Lamb is a special Veronica Mars episode full of the show dramatic charm.moreless

Diving deeper and deeper

By PabloExobar, Jan 30, 2008

It's clear that this episode was meant to be aired before Echolls Family Christmas. There's not even a single word on the stabbing from the previous episode. Although it's not much of a problem considering this episode was really strong.

I like how eventually the show goes back to characters that were introduced a couple of episodes ago. So Mac hires Veronica to investigate her parents because she senses something's not right. And she's correct. It appears Mac and Madison were switched at birth. It's pretty emotional and very well concluded. I like how Mac and her biological mother had this kind of chemistry between them for the whole episode, but they never spoke the truth to eachother despite the fact they both knew.

The main plot of the episode was really good too. We got a good sense of what Keith was like before the Kane murder. He worked with the sheriff department to track down a serial killer who targets college girls. It was a cool story, and not neccesserely because of the case itself. I liked the dynamics between Sheriff Lamb and Keith. It was great. Meanwhile Veronica takes use of this situation to hang around the Sheriff's office. She kinda seduces a young deputy to sneak in the evidence room to finally find out who called in the tip to arrest Abel Koontz.

Well, it turned out to be Clarence Wiedman, the man who also made the photos with the crosshair. Not much of a surprise but this just verifies that the Kanes are really involved in the cover up.

The ending with the music was really good. Mac and her mother making eye contact and Veronica taking revenge on Clarence by sending him similiar pictures to what he made of Veronica. The music was really fitting too.

Very very good episode, I really enjoyed it.moreless

GREAT installment too...

By i5star, Jul 27, 2006

This episode is very sad and emotional.

We learn that Mac family is one of the o9ners because she was changed at birth with another baby, a girl that hates her.

I loved how Veronica finds secrets of parents from people in school and make money out of this, it was all fun. Bu t the Mac thing really was very sad...

Veronica maybe in the same situation as Mac or something very similar but she doesnt want to know the thruth. If I were her I would have opened that envelope, I think...

I cannot be true that she is the sister of Duncan, that cannot be...

Well that's all for VM for now :)moreless

My favorite episode of the series ever. Mac shines!

By MattFan, Jun 22, 2006

This episode is very rare. Its rare because Kirsten Bell although great in this episode does not steal the show, like she usually does no that award goes to Tina Majorino who plays computer nerd Mac.

Veronica gets a new career in uncovering dirt on other students parents. Man, I really wish Veronica went to my school I mean her classmates really underrate her someone steals your lunch money you run to Veronica, and bam they are brought to justice. We see veronica in her office aka The girl\'s bathroom which makes her the female Fonz where Mac walks in, and over hears Veronica conversation with another student which deals with her mom becoming an actress where Veronica gives a shout out to imdb.com.

Later, Mac comes in Mars Investigations with a proposition to join her in a new company which will use Mac\'s computer skills and Veronica\'s detective skills to rule the world. Unfortunately, Veronica declines. However Mac does use this time to ask Veronica to help her discover whether or not she was adopted. Veronica does this where she discovers that Mac was sitched at birth with rich and nasty Madison Sinclair. She tells Mac, who tries to accept it.

We really get to see that sweet and strong character that Mac really has. The scene at the end of the episode where Mac sees her birth mom is so touching. This episode really does have you loving Mac. Also when Veronica, Wallace, and Mac crash Madison party its a really funny scene.

On the flip side, Keith Mars after being approach by the Mayor must team up with Barney Five son, Sherrif Don Lamb. Which shows just how realistic this show really is in showing that idoits do have power cough Bush. The odd Couple must track down a serail killer. The two actors both have great chemistry together, and are indeed great actors. Their scenes together are extremely funny you see how stupid Neptune is for getting rid of Keith, and keeping Lamb.

The episode also introduces Deputy Leo, veronica future Love slave, or boyfriend, but with the way Veronica treats him I will go with Love Slave who in this episode we discover plays in a band, which Veronica joins him in were Keith bust in with his gun out in a great scene.

Logan Echolls and Duncan Kane don\'t appear in this episode.

Overall, this episode is Funny and Great. Its so perfect, and flawless you really can watch this episode again and again.moreless

Not really compairable to Silence of the Lambs.

By Stijbeta, Jun 02, 2006

Judging by the title I actually thought that this episode was going to involve several murders. And not that I mention this, they did. The strangler guy. I can\'t believe I forgot that even though it\'s been only several minutes since I finished watching this Veronica Mars episode.

I love the bit where she sets up a little business for the students at her school where they can request information about their parents, I\'ve always wondered why she didn\'t do that sooner. From the moment I had access to such an extensive database of information I\'d be selling it on eBay. Not that that\'s allowed, so I don\'t get why Veronica is doing it.

I really hope I get to see more of Mac and her real family, it\'d be great if she went from the poor life that she has to the life of a true rich kid.

And yes, like I mentioned before, I had already forgotten about the murders. I never pay any attention to Veronica\'s dead and his storylines, the might look spectaculair and exciting on paper, but they\'re not on the small screen.moreless

One good plot, one bad plot

By attilasd, May 30, 2006

The plot line with Mac was absolutely phenomenal! Some of the best writing this season, which is saying a lot. It was absolutely bone-chilling the way things played out. It is so unfair that Madison ends up with all the money in the world with rich parents so she's totally spoiled, while Mac ends up with parents who force her to go on camping trips. But her adopted parents still love her, which makes it all that more difficult for her.

Now, the whole serial killer thing was just boring. It was hard to follow what was going on. And Lamb was as annoying as ever. Although I do like Leo. I hope he's on more often.moreless

This is one of my favorite episodes from season 1 just developing Mac's character made me think she would become a regular on Season Two. It sorprised me that did not happened.

By drageriuz, May 04, 2006

Silence of the Lamb. Is my unforgetable episode. Mac is my favorite non-regular character so this was exactly wat I expected from her, a great story but not too crazy well maybe crazy but well handle, cause it was exciting but not lame.

I hope Mac becomes a regular next season that would be great.

Veronica Mars Tuesdays 9/8c on UPN