The Greatest Gift

Episode Reviews (4)

Superb

The Greatest Gift

By TrueTvWatcher, Aug 06, 2012

The Greatest Gift was a superb episode of Warehouse 13 and I really enjoyed watching this Christmas themed episode because it had a great story loosely based off a classic favorite, It's a Wonderful Life. It was fun watching the characters in roles of the past and how life would have been without Pete. Warehouse 13 continues to be a good show with this heart warming holiday episode. I look forward to watching more episodes!!!!!!!

Earlier On Warehouse 13

By APlusMaint, Dec 16, 2011

If I remember correctly... when the episode first begins it says, "Earlier On Warehouse 13".

I have a feeling that this episode was intended to be aired earlier in the season. They may have originally planned on christmas being earlier in their season or they were intending to have more episodes. But SyFy probably had them air some of their episodes earlier or shortened their season. You can't really air a christmas episode at any time before or after december... so this turned out to be a bonus episode of the season. ;)

It was a pretty good episode either way. At first I was dissapointed that it wasn't continuing the storyline. When I saw there was an Episode 13 I couldn't wait to see what would happen. But instead it was just a teaser episode.moreless

Nowhere Man

By sh811a, Dec 15, 2011

One person really does matter because they can affect so many people and make a different in their lives whether they know it or not; much like a number in a long math equasion without out it the equasion doesn't work or add to anything. Yeah it's the typical "It's a Wonderful Life" format that has been done on many TV shows for many years, it's just one of those tales that have a universial sensablity which is why it never grows old; there have been good and bad versions of this, this is one of the good versions.

We see what happens when Pete is taken out of the equasion and it affects people deep. From Artie whom is in Jail, Claudia whom has kinda gone to crazy down, thought it was funny how she was able to make a synthetic tazer out of a lamp, even though in reality that wouldn't work and just short out the lamp. But the one that has it the worst in my opinion is Mika, whom we see is has became a bit embittered, anti social, uptight more so than necessasary, miserable, isn't an active agent as before she has now reduced herself to a desk jockey, and worst of all just misserable due to that fact her father died.

I really like a little on how Pete reacts to this alternate world, at first it is confusion thinking why this is all happened. And in most of it he uses a bit of his humor and witisms as a coping mechanism for his pridicament. But then we do see a moment when after talking with Mika for a while he acts a bit scared and sad, when he realizes both aren't friends since he doesn't exist. This makes Pete sympathtic, his feeling is similar to anyone that has been buglarized, just the simple knowledge that everything you've known, built, and achieved which has made you life more than what it is is all just gone in only a mere matter of time, that's an awful feeling to have.

Pete is a person that isn't an island, he wants all his friends back. I really like how though is struggle to get them all back that he really brings out the missing pieces of them which have made them into who we've known them to be. Even the character dynamics come back as well, and it feels natural to them because it's right.

And that's what I like about this episode is that it really teaches the lesson of togetherness which of course is part of what Christmas is about, each one serves an essential function to help the other and accomplish what needs to be done.

My problem with this episode is it doesn't go far enough, I don't feel things are really dark enough nor does Pete explore enough of this alternate world, some things came together too quickly and lacks a certain emotional gravatas. But despite those things overall it's a very good episode for the show if not one of the best Christmas episodes in general in my book.

So happy holidays and may you be around for many more Christmases.moreless

It's A Wonderful Life

By RJupiterTwo, Dec 13, 2011

Basically an ode to the classic movie "It's A Wonderful Life".

But my concern is how does this episode happen when all was lost in the bomb that destroyed Warehouse 13 with episode prior? And all we were left with is Artie saying "Maybe Not".