A Modest Proposal

Good
7.6

About the episode

By JordanWelch, Jun 24, 2014

It got great cinematography.

Weak.

By thefanof, Jun 09, 2011

Weeds got nominated for an Emmy for best comedy (something it did not deserve) and although I've thoroughly enjoyed this season for the most part, based on summer TV standards, this was just a terrible episode. Outside of the surprising twist ending (we have been getting a lot of these lately) there really was nothing happening here given the six month time jump.

The comedy fell flat from Doug wearing a spray on tan to Andy sporting a beard, and that doesn't even constitute the dialogue spoken, which was nothing to write home about either.

Sorry, this was just a bad episode.moreless

Weeds jumps ahead six months, a seemingly good move, but all we get is a mix of set-ups, bad cliffhangers and plot lines we no longer care about.

By aaronc1987, Jul 15, 2009

Weeds, this season, started off terribly, then found its footing and was fairly decent. Now, again, Weeds has buried itself - as they've unsuccessfully jumped ahead six months from their previous episode.

Most disappointing had to be Andy - yes, I understand Nancy broke his heart and all that crap, but a homeless beard? Wasting 150K on complete sh*t? No personality?! This isn't Andy, and he was just depressing to watch and wasn't interesting at all. Why is Weeds' best character getting terrible storylines this season? The fling with the Judah-lover was creepy and weird.

Nancy and Esteban aren't interesting in the slightest. I liked him last season but its time for Esteban to go. I'm sick of him and I'm sick of her new Mexican world - she doesn't even have associations with Weed anymore?! This episode's plot was bland, mainly because you knew the proposal wouldn't last, and the fact he called off the proposal was a weak and predictable cliffhanger.

What saved this episode? Considering Silas is the only one doing anything with weed, I'd say he and Doug's store is where most/all of the laughs came. Silas has developed into a likable, interesting character. The cop, however, could stand to go.

Celia had a set-up episode and there was comedy here and there, so I'm optimistic about her cosmetics future. All in all though, Weeds has to pick it up! So far, this simply isn't Weeds quality!moreless

Six months up the time line, nothing special storywise

By sequoa84, Jul 15, 2009

I thought the previous episode was pretty decent. The six month jump in this one didn't produce any indication of the season getting better with more episode. Nancy's dreams of basking in the luxuries of being Mrs. Reyes are cut short because of another woman in Esteban's life. My Spanish is limited to a few commonly used sentences, and to be really honest, I didn't get a thing of what she said.

Shane and Ignacio begin to bond really well, but again even that is cut short when Ignacio beats the hell out of some golfer. Doug and Silas face some problems with Deputy Jones and this leads to a face off between Doug and him. Celia remains the annoying face of the show, her scenes are still a pain to all 5 senses.moreless