Alive And Schticking

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

A live episode that keeps you laughing even when they slip up!

By pandacharmed, Jan 04, 2011

I couldn't stop myself from laughing along with jack and grace when they were laughing it was like a contagious diease! I was also amazed at megan mullalys composure during it, I would have cracked after 1 second! This episode also featured a lot of the comedy that is so custom to will and grace. like the eyebrow. how do the writers keep writing up these funny storyines so brilliantly! Another thing that I liked was how stan was written back into it well not stupidly! I hope that there are much more of these live shows to come because this was by far my favourite episdoe if the series!!!moreless

Live show done in two sessions, one for each coast.

A madcap array of spies, lovers, death and ice cream.

By Lokar, Mar 04, 2006

Will finds out something very surprising about Karen's late husband. He must also stay safe in the midst of international turmoil stirred up by his new boss.

Jack finally gets a *real* job in entertainment. His debut as a t.v. talk show host is not without trauma of its own. He suffers from a freak accident, and Karen is busy recovering from surgery; her new transportation is either a help or a threat. Rosario still tries to keep some rein of sanity over her manic employer.

Grace contemplates if the grass is greener in the wrong backyard.

Brave, funny episode with plenty of laughs and a ton of unpredictable plot twists. I've only seen the East Coast version, but the eighth season kickoff is one of the best episodes they've done in a long time.moreless

Historical episode! Just historical!

By reelika_23, Dec 09, 2005

Just magnificent!

In "Late Show with David Letterman" (08/30/2005), "the 6th take Sean" Hayes actually said he'll probably screw up some lines. And he will hate it, but the audience will love it! Sean, you were a 100% right. I loved it when Hayes and Messing couldn't tell their lines and had to wait a bit. I watched both the East and the West version and let me just say this: "Although it was supposed to be the same episode....well, the differences made it even more enjoyable!" (And I live in Estonia (in Europe), where no tv station shows "Will&Grace", so I have to download it to watch).

Love the Show, love the cast, keep doing, what you're doing!moreless

Funny to the bone.

By charley28, Dec 08, 2005

This episode was just too hilarious. I loved it so much. It reminded me of the Carol Burnett show from the 70's.

I loved it when Debra pushed Sean and he looked off balance and she started to laugh. Then later on while they are on the couch talking about affairs, Debra looses it while the camera is still on her. Could sean have been making her laugh more. Then the eyebrow scene. Who would have thought that would have been funny.

They need to do more shows like that one. Wonder how the 2nd live one went??

moreless

Loved it! I loved the feeling of it being live, the episode itself was a bit of a drag.

By QueenCornflake, Nov 14, 2005

This episode was great, but also not so great. If it was not a live show, I don't think I'd have been that impressed. But the live showing made it wonderful. It was great to see the actors and actresses mess up every now and then, I loved that feel to it. If this episode was not live, I would probably give it an 8 out of 10. It had its funny moments and great acting as usual, but it seemed short and just didn't quite live up to other episodes. Good, but not great. But all in all, it deserves a 9.7, because I loved it being live.moreless

An exceptional, thrilling episode with lots of laughs.

By Omnivore_FIN, Nov 01, 2005

This live episode was really exceptional. To see the actors make mistakes and have fun while doing it was just thrilling. The actors were all great although I was nervous for them in the beginning. Sean and Debra's little outbursts just made it funnier and who could keep a straight face after seeing Sean without his eyebrow! lol That scene made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair! Megan Mullally and Eric McCormack keep their poker faces and deliver almost flawless perfomances and Alec Baldwin is great in his role too.

I wish we could see more of this on Will & Grace or any other show. With a cast this talented they could probably do it every episode! It´s a shame this season will be the last. I'd love to see a Karen & Jack spin off...moreless

eally enjoyable. It was back to basics.

By casperp38, Oct 08, 2005

Live shows don't work usually but despite the little outbursts of laughter from Debra and Sean I was very impressed at how good it was. It was also nice to see the epsiode move with flow and if I hadn't known better, I would've assumed it was a normal episode. Definitely the best I've seen since season 4.

This episode is a big step for Sit-Coms. Realizing that actors are having as much fun creating the show as you are watching it, creates certain chemistry which cannot be created otherwise.

By mtabic, Oct 07, 2005

I am a great Sit-Com fan. There were good ones and bad ones. More or less funny, they were all made by the same pattern. They were filmed, edited, mastered and finally, presented as a product that was thrashing the deep down soul of comedy and acting.

Even though Will & Grace is not one of my favorite comedy shows, this episode has made me laugh more than any other. Realizing that actors are having as much fun creating the show as you are watching it, creates certain chemistry which cannot be created otherwise.

There is a reason why people still visit theatre. This is it. Knowing that its live and that anything can happen. Knowing that actors will have to improvise at some point and that it's never the same.

That's why I think this is a gigantic step and a big break in Sit-Com production. Why don't producers just let it be pure acting? Why don't you just televise theatre to us? I don't see why not, with the exception of perhaps making us laugh to tears...

moreless

An OK episode. Solid, funny and there was a flow to it... but...

By fallenangelii, Oct 03, 2005

An OK episode. Solid, funny and there was a flow to it... but...

It was simply too short. It ended very abruptly and it felt very unnatural for it to end right there. They could have moved the pace along more or made it a double episode. It felt very \\\"Let\\\'s wrap this up quickly\\\" at the end.

It was funny that it was done live, though. You saw the actors laughing when they weren\\\'t supposed to a few times.

This episode would have recived an 8 or 8.5 had it not been for the fact that it is a season premiere and season premieres need to be better than this.moreless

Load More Reviews