Show Reviews (249)

Great

Question

By vetlabor, Dec 14, 2013

I love this sitcom, watch it every day... And my question. Do anybody know, what is the song in season 5, episode 8, when Will brings Grace to Leo? I cannot find it... Many thanx!

will & grace

By prettyladyhall, Oct 18, 2013

boyfriend

By Edie70, Jan 17, 2013

This is one hilarious show and I've just purchased the Complete Box Set on DVD, just finsihed episode #114 and I must say I already love the characters. Took me years to get to this amazing sitcom, because I was practically a child when the show first ran (born in 1991).

It also makes up for an interesting viewing experience to watch two of the leading guys being gay which is something not many of the shows would do / dare. The characters are just so colorful, insightful, extremely funny (looking at you Karen). And I am proud to be a viewer to say the least. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this brilliant piece of television. 90's rocked :) 9,0/10moreless

Loved how the writers treated gays.

By gracielove, Nov 09, 2012

I mean nothing bad. I thought this show was funny and awesome.GREAT SHOW!!!

By ericalbertson, Sep 27, 2012

"Will & Grace" was a reminder that television could survive in a post-"Seinfeld" world.

Living With Your Best Friend...

By T_VFan, Apr 28, 2012

turned out great for WIll and Grace! I love the random wittiness, Karen's bubbly and snotty personality, and the roleplaying here is superb! Everyone's so dramatically humorous on this show... I never got enough of it!

A once great, groudbreaking show that is ever rapidly sinking to mediocrity.

By jekyll, Nov 26, 2011

Will & Grace was once upon a time a groundbreaking show. Not one, but two male, homosexual main characters, complimented by two straight female women. The show was never too "stereotypish" with its leads, and really used Will and Grace to show that gay and straight people have the exact same romantic dreams and difficulties. Thrown into the mix were Jack, Will's man-crazy best friend, and Karen, Grace's ├╝ber-rich assistant who was clueless to how normal people lived and was very liberal with her useage of alcohol and medications. For a good 5 years, this one one of the finest half-hours on television.

Sadly, the writers painted themselves into some corners with Grace's nuptuals and the ill-conceived concept to have Will and Grace nearly end their friendship over a ditched plan to share a child together. The plots were not well-received, and then they had to scramble to get the characters out of those plot threads. They also started to rely more and more on guest stars as comedic crutches, and even worse, Jack and Karen's quirks, once used to slam home jokes to great effect, became jokes on their own. Eventually, they became charicatures of themselves, to the point where nearly every line from Karen's mouth was somehow related to boozing and popping pills. This overkill has greatly dulled their effectiveness as supporting characters of late. Will and Grace themselves have also crossed the line from "romantically unlucky/picky" to "slightly pathetic and mildly unbelievable."

Sadly, the audience, including myself, have pretty much abandoned this show, and the network rerun I saw last week did nothing to win me back. I can't grade this show too harshly due to several years of excellence, but they've been no better than a 6/10 the past two years. 2005/06 will be their final year. Here's hoping they can find a way to recapture the magic of the first years, and not leave us with a bad taste in our mouths.moreless

One of the last great sitcoms

By mykey1093, Jan 02, 2011

These days there are some terrible sitcoms being produced. It seems that Will & Grace was one of the last few truly great TV sitcoms.

The cast had great chemistry and director James Burrows continuously drew terrific performances from Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes over an incredible 8-year run. Statistics speak for themselves - between this talented foursome they garnered 5 Emmy Awards and 23 nominations. Not to mention the 2000 Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series. The plot lines were simplistic, but the clever jokes and the sheer enthusiastic guest stars (Debbie Reynolds, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, Cher and Madonna, to name a few) were second to none.

Sure, Season 6 was a bit of a downer, but apart from that this series was almost always spot on.moreless

I still can't believe it's over...

By possessedringo5, Nov 09, 2010

Probably my third or second favorite show. It's just so addicting to watch! Once I started I couldn't stop watching it. The plots are always to absorbing and all the characters are hilarious. That's enough to be a good show.

But I think the main concept that makes it so good is the creativity. It's not just another show of two friends who will end up falling in love at the end. The thing is, is that they can't! That's just a creative twist so it's always addicting to find out how their relation will end up.

Totally a show to see!moreless

Load More Reviews