The Mourning Son

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

The title tells all...

By Martini_D, May 02, 2006

Wow! I mean this episode was sad. Altought there was some laugh, the majority of it was heartbreaking. I haven't fell like this since the episode "Bed, Bath, and Beyond". I loved it. It was nice to see some of the characters (Ellen, Rob, Larry, Joe, Tina...) again that we didn't see for some time now. I especially loved the scene of Will's mom, Marilyn, and Will talking about George. It was sad. Marilyn was right though, Will is secretive. I mean when a gay man lives his childhood not telling the world that he's gay, I guess sometimes nothing changes even if you come out.

Anyway, seeing Vince again, I think Will definitely needed that. They are great together, and I hope that Will finally let Vince meets his mom, so that they can bond.

The funny parts for me was with Karen. When she asked Marilyn for a drinking buddy, and then asking Tina to sleep with Stan, hehe. Karen was kind to Will, as she hugged him in the beginning. Very beautiful episode!moreless

I feel for them

By Manolito71, Apr 28, 2006

Will, my poor Will. I don't want to know how it feels to lose a parent, but I think I can grasp it thanks to Eric McCormack's performance.

Blythe Danner was poignant as she just did an essay about the death of her real-life husband, Bruce Paltrow. One can't help but connect the two.

I actually cried for them.

On a brighter note, YEAH!!! I'm so happy Will and Vince are back together! When Taye Diggs looked like he was "The One" for Will, I was very bothered. We all know Vince was and will always be "The One" for Will.moreless

The Beginning of the End

By amberbaer, Apr 28, 2006

While we know all about Will's fight with his father - what's more interesting is the face that Grace doesn't seem to have told the "friends' around them that she is pregnant - Ellen in particular - she avoids her, and the walks by her without even saying a word!

Will's mother, Blythe Danner, is superb as always, the scene in the laundry room is classic, and I adore a woman who can admit to her son all the things his father could not. a hint of vulnerability on her characters part - just a hint mind you!

moreless