Mandy Moore

Forums: Mandy Moore Board: Mandy Moore Quips and Quotes

ZapperLife

[1]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 23

TV.com has set a ceiling on the number of quotes that can be submitted to an editorless guide to ten (10). I've set mine to about fifteen (15). The reason being the blurb page for a person shouldn't feature everything a person says, but quotes likely to be interesting for people who doesn't know the person that well when they visit the page. While the blurb page become very hard to navigate with 50ish quotes and equally many trivias, everyone with a special interest in that many quotes shouldn't mind taking a detour into this forum.

If you think your potential quote submission is more interesting and/or more up-to-date than those on the blurb page, just go ahead and submit it. If I'm still editor and don't agree, it just might end up here instead. I've transferred some of the excess quotes from the Quotes Section of the guide. Please feel free to add on quotes to this thread, but keep out discussions and opinions. Start a new tread if you'd like to comment on or discuss Mandy Moore's quotes.

Mandy on relationships and such:

Mandy: (revealing filming 'License To Wed' has turned her off getting married on the beach) I always thought that I wanted to get married in a beautiful ceremony on the beach, but doing this movie in Jamaica, in the middle of summer, during the heat of the day, wearing a wedding dress, I didn't feel beautiful at all. I felt really sweaty and sticky. I quickly discovered it's not my cup of tea.

Mandy: You don't really choose who you meet or who you fall in love with, but I'm very open to whatever comes my way!

Mandy: (On her husband, Ryan Adams) He's a good egg. I'm in awe of him: his brain, his passion. He's truly one of a kind.

Mandy: (in 2005, on her relationships) Most of my friends are 10 years older than me. I've always related to older people. I don't think I could date someone that young again (Andy Roddick, 23). I've found a perfect match now (with Zach Braff, 30) in terms of the age thing.

Mandy on fame and celebrity:

Mandy: I was 15 and went on the road with 'N Sync. Those were the first famous people I met. I was a Justin gal. I'm not going to lie.

Mandy: (on the perks of fame) I love roller coasters, and I'm able to cut to the head of the line... It's horrible of me.

Mandy: I don't want to take fame for granted because that is when you start to think you are better than everyone else. That is when you start thinking that you are someone that you are not.

Mandy on Mandy:

Mandy: I can get very lazy, wearing jeans all the time. Recently, I been getting into bright color.

Mandy: I've gotten much better at taking care of myself.

Mandy: I'm not someone who has regrets about anything - there's a lesson to be learned from everything, and it's gotten me to where I am today.

Mandy: When, it comes to sleeping, lights out for me at ten.

Mandy: I'm a lazy homebody, so I like to order in yummy food and watch a great movie.

Mandy: I feel like a 65-year-old in a 22-year-old's body. I go to bed early. I also say things like 'Jeez Louise'.

Mandy: I am addicted to TiVo. I love TV.

Mandy: (On her hair color and style changes) I like flipping back and forth and changing my hair whenever I want.

Mandy: I like DVD extras like deleted scenes and behind the scenes, that sort of stuff. I also sometimes love to watch the audio commentary from the director or the actors if I'm really in love with the movie or a TV show and I've seen it like a million times. That's my next favourite thing to do, to turn on the commentary and watch it with the commentary.

Mandy on music:

Mandy: (referring to her albums released between 1999 and 2002) I think that there's a time and a place for some of my past efforts.

Mandy: As a result of doing 'Coverage', I have a much broader appreciation for singer-songwriters then and now and I hope to be a part of the club one day.

Mandy: (on her album, 'Wild hope') It's a sort of singer-songwriter, folky kind of pop record. I co-wrote all the music. I'm so proud of this album, and it's reflective of me and where I am in my life. It's reflective of the music that I'm a big fan of and listen to, whether it be Joni Mitchell, Patty Griffin, that sort of stuff.

Mandy: (On advice she would anyone who wants to be a singer) Never pass up an opportunity because you don't know who is sitting in the audience.

Mandy: Teenpop was a great platform to start from; I'm not someone who regrets anything. But in those days, I was just given songs and told to go into the studio and record them. Yet, I think that as you get older, you change and so do your musical tastes. And not to have those changes reflected in the music I was so involved with was very disheartening to me.

Mandy on acting:

Mandy: People tend to see you in one light, and don't think you can play people who are unlike who you are.

Mandy: (On appearing as Sally in the film 'American Dreamz') Oh, my god, I was so tanned. I was going to the tanning salon for the movie and I had to color my hair every week and a half to keep it so blonde, and that sucked. It's just too much maintenance for me. But that's the fun of being in character because I was so excited when I got the part. I called Paul (Weitz, the director/writer) and said that I had to have long, blond hair. He's like, "OK". I don't think he thought about it too much, but I was adamant.

Mandy on this and that and everything else:

Mandy: A smile is so sexy, yet so warm. When someone genuinely smiles at you, it's the greatest feeling in the world.

Edited on 04/15/2010 3:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.