Brewster's Millions is about a struggling minor league baseball pitcher named Monty Brewster, who learns that he is the heir of $300 million. His uncle, who he has never met, has left him this fortune but with some unusual strings attached. In order to learn the value of money, his uncle demands that he spend $30 million dollars in 30 days, with stipulations: he can only devote a certain amount to charity, he can not gamble it all away and, most of all, he can not tell anyone what he is doing. If he is able to spend it all, with not a penny left at the end of 30 days, Brewster earns the entire fortune. Brewster then embarks on an expensive political campaign, showers money on his friends and hires a team of working class people for frivolous jobs, alarming his beautiful accountant who starts to show an interest in Brewster. Mostly, though, Brewster learns that spending that much money is not as easy as it looks.moreless
Your Autoplay Preference: On | Off
Production budget - $20,000,000
Domestic Gross - $45,833,132 (21st)
Domestic adjusted for 2013 - $105,351,650
In the Nick of Time
Words & Music by Huey Lewis and Ry Cooder
L'Orangerie, Los Angeles, California
Crystal Ballroom, Biltmore Hotel, Downtown, Los Angeles, California
Biltmore Hotel, Manhattan, New York City, New York
Manhattan Bridge, New York City, New York
Manhattan, New York City, New York
New York City, New York, USA
Plaza Hotel, Manhattan, New York City, New York
Other production companies:
Lawrence Gordon Productions
1. An American excess story.
2. Your Basic Riches-To-Rags Comedy .
3. You don't have to be crazy to blow 30 million dollars in 30 days. But it helps.
4. He has 30 million to spend in 30 days - and he's doing it in the craziest, funniest way ever!
5. One man is about to make the biggest decision that will change the course of his life... financially and mentally.
6. Yesterday he was a relief pitcher in the minor leagues of life. Today he's been handed the American Dream... on a very hot plate.
7. From the people that brought you "The Warrriors", "48 Hrs.", and "Streets of Fire" comes a film about one man's chance to be rich... with a catch.
8. Spend $30 Million in the next 30 days without acquiring any assets in order to collect an inheritance of $300 Million. Sounds easy? Well, you'll soon find out.
9. This is the story of Montgomery Brewster, a relief pitcher in the Minor Leagues of life, who is about to be handed the American Dream... on a very hot plate.