Jack Reacher

Paramount Pictures Released 2012

Yaspaa

Jack Reacher Fan Reviews (2)

7.7
  • Solid movie, BUT......

Now, I watched the movie before I read the book, and before I knew who Jack Reacher is.

But the 1 thing I felt from the very beginning of the movie, were 2 things.

1. He's too short. The story literally calls for a beast of a man(tall, strong) it's a great piece of writing the physicality into the script.

2. He's not difficult enough. Cruise is 'Mark Harmon light' in the movie, and you'd expect a much heavier personality, a little meaner too.

The screen-play(based on One-Shot) was very strong(so strong, that it even exposes Tom Cruise as a problematic-fit).

Jack sees Barr's arrest on TV, buys himself some new clothes, and head to Pittsburgh to 'bring him his justice'.

Barr gets a beat-down, so when Reacher reaches town, and talks to the DA, and Police, he ends-up with too many questions, not enough answers, so he decides to help Barr's lawyer, in order to have access to the details of the case.

The rest of the movie has great progression, and arc, the fight-scenes are a little-light(again because Reacher in the books is a 6'05/250 lbs BEAST(think Dolph Lundgren), and Cruise clearly isn't.

The story holds though, if you can see it as an independent, rather than connect it too much to the book. Because the story is great, the movie is solid, Tom Cruise just isn't 6'05/250 and a dirty-blonde though.

I'd love to see a TV-series of Jack Reacher, because I think it might be more suitable to the vibe of the books, than movies.
  • A good film.

This is a good movie for fans of action/thrillers-there is plenty of action sequences. I suspect this film kind of got lost in the shuffle of the new slew of espionage films based on global going ons. It is a nod to the old school thriller film that is about one person or persons trying to muck about something for money as opposed to something global or politically based. Worth a look. I expected less and found it was more. Good show.

More Info About This Movie