User Score: 53
Starship Troopers is a science fiction film in which humanity faces destruction at the hands of an alien arachnid force. After graduating from high school, Johnny Rico joins the military in a last-ditch effort to stay close to his girlfriend, Carmen Ibanez. While Carmen goes off to fly starships, Johnny joins the mobile infantry alongside the girl who has had a crush on him since they were kids, Dizzy Flores. When Carmen dumps Johnny, he decides to quit the mobile infantry and return home. Before he can do so, the Earth is attacked by the arachnids, and Johnny decides to remain with the military. After completing training, Johnny and Dizzy are sent off to the arachnid planet to destroy them before they can attack Earth again. When they arrive, they quickly realize that they are completely over matched and outnumbered. Will the mobile infantry find a way to kill the arachnids or is Earth doomed?
Your Autoplay Preference: On | Off
Lt. Carmen Ibanez
Rasczak: What does that look like to you, Rico?
Rico: Looks like a bug was in his brain, sir.
Rasczak: They sucked his brains out.
Rasczak: I need a corporal. You're it until you're dead or I find somebody better.
Rico: Thank you, sir.
Rasczak: This is for you new people. I only have one rule, everybody fights, no one quits. You don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.
Carl: Your basic arachnid warrior isn't too smart but you can blow off a limb, and it's still 86 percent combat effective. Here's a tip, aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good.
Zim: Now, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you think I'm being unfair, anytime you miss your mommy, quit! You sign form 1240A, you grab your gear you take a stroll down washout lane! Do you get me?
Production Budget - $105,000,000
Domestic Gross - $54,814,377 (35th)
Worldwide Gross - $121,214,377 (38th)
Domestic Adjusted for 2013 - $97,447,781
Worldwide Adjusted for 2013 - $215,492,226
Buena Vista International (distributor)
Filming locations include:
Agoura Hills, California
Badlands National Park, Interior, South Dakota
Baldwin Park, California
Interior, South Dakota
Kadoka, South Dakota
Downtown, Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California
Fountain Valley, California
Powder River, Wyoming
Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City, California
Long Beach, California
1. You can't step on these ones.
2. The only good bug is a dead bug.
3. Forget the insecticide, bring on the nukes!
4. Mankind just became an endangered species.
5. A new kind of enemy. A new kind of war.
6. The paratroopers of the future are here... and their enemies aren't HUMAN
7. Prepare for Battle.
8. When you battle 6 trillion enemies that will eat you alive, there are only two rules... EVERYONE FIGHTS. NO ONE QUITS.
9. This Fall, Tristar Pictures takes you to the front lines of the next frontier.
10. They Came to Our Planet, They destroyed our cities, But on November 7th, They'll learn, They messed, With the wrong species.
11. Genocide doesn't compare to this.
12. In Every age there is a cause worth fighting for, but in the future the greatest threat to our survival will not be man at all. Now the youth of tomorrow must travel across the stars to face an enemy more devastating then any ever imagined.
Written and Performed by Zoë Poledouris
I Have Not Been To Oxford Town
Written by David Bowie & Brian Eno
Performed by Zoë Poledouris
Written by Karen Poole, Terence Martin & Shellie Poole
Performed by Alisha's Attic
Fade Into You
Written by Hope Sandoval & David Roback
Performed by Mazzy Star
Written by Jake Cavaliere & Johnny De Villa
Performed by The Bomboras
Academy Awards Nominations:
1. Visual Effects