The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl

Released 2005

The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl Fan Reviews (1)

5.6
  • Dumb kids movie but I still enjoy it.

From the creator of Spy Kids comes Sharkboy and Lavagirl, a film based on the ideas of the director's son, Racer Max. As a kid, I really like this film, as an adult, I can see why it wasn't a critical success. Okay, let's state the obvious: the film looks cheap. This could almost pass as a made-for-TV movie, but I've seen those kinds of movies and they're much better than this. The costumes look nice but the effects are just bad; I mean really, they visuals look like they came straight out of a PlayStation game. The dialogue isn't just cheesy, it's gorganzola cheesy; George Lopez gets the best lines of the movie and his the film's best aspect. Despite my gripes, I honestly can't bring myself to hate this film; it's goofy yes, but it brings me back to the days when I was a kid. That and it has a nice message at the end that appeals to kids and aspiring dreamers. I know it's a kids movie, but it's still worth watching for nostalgia purposes and as a film in general. If you grew up before this movie came out, it's not for you; but for those that grew up in the 2000s, this is worth remembering.

More Info About This Movie