User Score: 68
The Matrix is a film about computer hacker Neo who joins rebel warriors Morpheus and Trinity to fight against an artificially intelligent robotic race that have created an elaborate facade of Earth called The Matrix. Neo learns that life on Earth is an illusion created by malevolent cyber-intelligence. Our world is a simulated reality, and our bodies become batteries for the machine that creates it. Neo is chosen to join a rebellion of people who have freed themselves from the dream world, because their leader Morpheus believes that Neo is "the one" with the gift to manipulate the Matrix.
Your Autoplay Preference: On | Off
Production Budget - $63,000,000
Domestic Gross - $171,479,930 (5th)
Worldwide Gross - $463,517,383 (4th)
Domestic Adjusted for 2013 - $275,448,077
Worldwide Adjusted for 2013 - $744,547,607
Other Production Companies:
Village Roadshow Pictures
Groucho II Film Partnership
Filming locations include:
Chippendale, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Broken Bay, New South Wales, Australia
Redfern, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Rozelle, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
San Francisco, California
Waterloo, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Academy Awards Wins:
1. Film Editing
3. Visual Effects
4. Sound Effects Editing
1. Welcome to the Real World.
2. Free your mind.
3. The Future Will Not Be User Friendly.
4. Perception: Our day-in, day-out world is real. Reality: That world is a hoax, an elaborate deception spun by all-powerful machines of artificial intelligence that control us. Whoa.
5. The Future isn't user friendly...
6. The World's population thinks it's real. On March 31st, they will see the "Real World".
7. Remember there is no spoon.
8. The Matrix has you.
9. The Fight for the Future Begins.
10. Be Afraid Of The Future.
11. Believe the unbelievable.
12. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
13. Reality is a thing of the past.
14. What is The Matrix?
15. In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One?
Written by Robert del Naja, Grant Marshall, Mushroom Vowles,
Sara J., and Matt Schwartz
Performed by Massive Attack
Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Mix)
Written by Rob Zombie and Scott Humphrey
Performed by Rob Zombie
Leave You Far Behind (Lunatics Roller Coaster Mix)
Written by Simon Shackleton and Howard Saunders
Performed by Lunatic Calm
Written by Liam Howlett
Performed by The Prodigy (as Prodigy)
Prime Audio Soup
Written by Jack Dangers and C. Dodd
Performed by Meat Beat Manifesto
Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix)
Written by Rob Dougan
Performed by Rob Dougan
Written by Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli
Performed by Django Reinhardt
Begin the Run
Written by Jimmie Haskell
I'm Beginning to See the Light
Written by Duke Ellington, Don George, Johnny Hodges, and Harry James
Performed by Duke Ellington
Spybreak (Short One)
Written by Alex Gifford
Performed by The Propellerheads
My Own Summer
Performed by Deftones
Written by Zack De La Rocha, Brad Wilk, Tim Commerford, and Tom Morello
Performed by Rage Against the Machine
Rock is Dead
Written by Marilyn Manson, Jeordie White, and Madonna Wayne Gacy
Performed by Marilyn Manson