TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: News/Documentary: TCM: The History of Hollywood

buddinsleshaman

[1]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 2

All this month, Turner Classic Movies is bringing you a month long series of documentaries: Moguls and Moviestars - The History of Hollywood.The 7 part series explores the American Movie Dynasty, from it's conception, to the ups and downs, the twists and turns of creating the film industry we have today. Each installment features rare footage, and photographs of the people that started it all, plus interviews with distinguished historians and major Hollywood figures: Sidney Lumet, Richard Zanuck, Samuel Goldwyn Jr., just to name a few.

The series will be narrated by award winning actor, Christopher Plummer. One by one, each documentary will be followed by the respective film that represents each Hollywood era, from 1890's silent movie to Peepshow Pioneers, to Fade-in, Fade-Out of the 1970's.

The marketing company I work for just picked up this campaign from Turner and I find myself really looking forward to this month of movies as I am a movie fanatic. Hope you enjoy and check outhttp://ycin.net/ct.php?ctaid=1277 for more info

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DebraMcClure

[2]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 17

I watched the first 3 episodes - they were slow moving, but still interesting. I will have to play "catch-up" using Video on Demand.

buddinsleshaman

[3]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 2

Every year, Turner Classic Movies celebrates Academy Awards legacy with a sampling of Oscar nominated and Oscar winning films throughout the history of Hollywood, and this year is no exception. Hannah and Her Sisters, Kiss of the Spider Woman and Lilies of the Field are debuting tonight on TCM's 31 Days of Oscar. One of the perks of working for a marketing company that is doing some campaigning for turner is that I got a decent sized list around the office of all the films they would be showing this month, so I will be able to plan accordingly lol. Check out the website for the event here: http://www.tcm.com/2011/31Days/index.jsp