Forums: News/Documentary: What was the name of this tv show/series from the 70's or 80's?

benjnse

[1]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 1

This has been driving me nuts for the last 2 weeks, I've tried every possible search I can think of but no joy. So hopefully someone remembers the name of this or remembers the name of the guy that was behind the series. There was a series of tv shows on I believe pbs in the 70's or 80's basically they would get together a group of people comprised of politicians, journalists, professors, lawyers, judges, religious leaders, etc. and they would pose a question to the panel, and the panel would play the scenario out, basically it was the most civilized debate on an issue you could ever wish for.

For example if this show was around today they might pose the question of does someone have a right to healthcare, and then they'd tell one panelist that they're a person without healthcare who believes it's their right to have it, they'd give another person on the panel the identity with someone who must provide healthcare, another person would be put in the position of perhaps the spouse of the person that needs healthcare, etc. and they would play the scenario out.

Anyways I'd be most grateful for any info on this even if it's not any specifics but could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ben

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

benjnse

[2]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 1

After asking my dad about it he couldn't remember what it was either but did remember it was all about ethics, so was able to find it on the wikipedia list of pbs shows. It was called Ethics in America, by Fred Friendly.

edit: actually it was not only Ethics in America but also another series called The Constitution that Delicate Balance

Edited on 03/29/2010 6:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.