ABC Cancels Zero Hour Due to Zero Ratings

God couldn't save it, "The 12" couldn't save it, only ABC could've save it, but ABC killed it. Zero Hour, one of television's newest weekly hours of absurdity, has been canceled by ABC after three episodes, according to TV Line. If you're surprised by this decision, then I guess you never watched Zero Hour.

The conspiracy thriller grabbed a 1.4 18-49 rating in its premiere on Valentine's Day, and last night's episode pulled in a 1.0 rating. That's not good. ABC has not confirmed the news, and the network currently has a giant blank space on its schedule for next week.

The show starred Anthony Edwards as the editor of a skeptic's magazine who might have been a reincarnated Nazi apostle who had to chase down clocks all over the globe before immortal demon babies and assassins hunted him down. Or something like that.

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter if you want to: @TimAtTVDotCom

Well, I guess that explains why I can't ever seem to find the show anymore. Eyeroll...I haven't watched ABC regularly in YEARS, because of what they consider "good" shows. They finally get one that I like...and promptly cancel it. Figures. Maybe some other station will pick it up, and I'll get to figure out where it was going.
I was interested by the concept, but the execution was just so boring. Halfway through the first episode I was playing solitaire on my phone and laughing to myself at the ridiculousness. There were certainly plenty of interesting ideas in this show, but it felt like it had been written by producers and accountants. There was no weight to the characters or plot.
Valentine's Day - seriously??, wth where they thinking , awesome show, and didn't deserve being pulled. what an absolute joke of a decision. who ever is response , they are the problem not the show. grrrrrr
I only watched the first three episodes last night could have give it a chance people do have busy lives you know really enjoyed the show to bloody prats
Only dumbasses can screw up an exciting story involving demons, nazis and the end of man. When you hire actors from the Stallone and Diesel school of acting, scripted by aficionados of Corey Mandell's battlefield earth what you get rhymes with scat. My mistake, it is alleged to be scat. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
now i understand ABC cancellation Levels

V Level : give it second season and cancel it afterwards
The River Level : Give it full season and cancel it afterwards
Zero Hour Level : Cancel it after the third episode
future ABC project Level : cancel it before airing
U got it.... They're a bunch of dumbed down asses that don't know a good thing when they've got it. If they advertised it as much as Splash who knows what the audience would have been. SOOOOOO SICK OF ABC'S IDEA OF CRAP TV!!! Stop the madness and pleeeeeease get rid of the "reality" garbage!!!!!!!
Well, it is a weird time to start a news show. Most people start looking for new shows to watch in September. Right now I am set.
I agree with all the people saying the networks are a bunch of stupid people in suits telling us what THEY think is good... not what WE actually think is good -- Screw the GD ratings they don't mean jack and they're wrong because they don't account for the users like us...I haven't had cable or satellite in almost two years now and I'm so happy I stopped paying 100 bucks a month for crap I can watch online.
Enjoyed the first episode; fell asleep on the second.
Sorry u did, you missed a good one.
Best new show I've seen in a long time! This & "Once Upon a Time", I just found this show yesterday! 3 eps & I'm reading they are cancelling it? How stupid! (or hopefully a god publicity stunt) And the networks wonder why ppl like me cancelled cable. No dish, nothing! I'm watching everything online & finding youtube has some amateur movies better than the so-called, super cheap crap "reality" TV... I thought I might get a dish, but if the networks are going to pull crap like cancelling their best show in eons, they wonder why less & less ppl have cable or dishes? English & Russian TV are hysterical & have some GREAT drama! My son just bought a dish & gets TV all over the world w/ no monthly fees! I might just follow his lead! American TV Network execs better wake up & keep these gems or they'll be history!
Missed the whole first season..it went right under my radar..but then started watching episodes on Netflix..and was hooked.

Watched the whole first season.. and have now seen every episode.

Very clever show.

Netflix costs me 7.97 a month..and my cable channel/Internet package costs me $190.00 a month.

Guess which is the better value?

If it wouldn't violate any spoiler rules, I can provide details on where the show was going and what the season cliffhanger was going to be...
Share away!
If you do NOT want to know what happens, STOP READING HERE.

SPOILER ALERT ** SPOILER ALERT ** SPOILER ALERT

OK, here it is. The 12 new apostles were designated to help a new Jesus take on a resurrected Nazi threat that was going to take over the world. (The 5th Reich) The big secret that was hidden in WW2, was the location of the true cross of the crucifixion. The cross is recovered by the good guys. Upon the cross is the true blood of Jesus Christ. The Amy Irving character becomes pregnant and the embryo is infused with this blood of Jesus, thereby creating a genetic clone of Jesus Christ, who goes off to war in 30 years against the newly empowered Nazi nation that emerges by then. Hence Armageddon. The point where this new Jesus and the new 12 apostles go off to war against the new Hitler, personified as the anti-christ, is the Zero Hour of the title, and also the season cliffhanger. Season 2 of the show was going to focus on the war between Jesus and the 12, and the Hitler nation. The original baby with the strange eyes is the new Hitler's dad, the "Anti-father".

Well, that's it...
More +
LOL..

I think that plot was ALREADY made intoa movie.

JC cloned from blood from the crucifixtion, etc , etc.

Can't remember the name but you might try googling the plot line.
So you know people involved in this? Any idea how they chose Michel Nyqvist as White Vincent? :)
Please tell me you are joking now. Well after the disastrous pilot I guess anything is possible. :)
Not joking. I know it sounds a bit silly but if the story was well written and well presented, it could end up being really good. I have faith in the creative team behind the show, that it would have been cool to see.
This comment has been removed.
Clock-Blocked!
And they wonder why we download.... Terra Nova, Last Resort (at least they wrapped it up), now this - audiences are getting jaded at the flippant behaviour of the networks. After years of boring police shows, american comedies so daft they need a live audience to tell you when to laugh, and so on, every decent intriguing story gets cut if millions don't start watching it immediately.

There's no Stargate, Trek or Battlestar, even Alphas is gone - all we have at the moment is Contiuum and Revolution, and the excellent Once Upon a Time.

The jaded whimsy of American Network execs needs to be challenged. Bring back Firefly!!!
Alphas has been cancelled?

Sucko.

Never got into Revolution....borrinng......

But Continium is good.

Watching shows die early is getting common..You no sooner get into the plot..then WHAM..it's dead..

"The Event"..the "rRver"..

They always leave you hanging.
Ditto
I had high hopes for Terra Nova and Last Resort; but they jumped the shark after a couple of episodes for me. Alphas was really good, though.

Revolution bites.the lead female is so irritating that I cannot watch.
Never was interested in the Last Resort because the whole underlying premise of the whole series was just too stupid.
I am quite surprised and disappointed by ABC for this decision. Zero Hour has only aired 3 episodes and has barely settled into it's story and format for each episode and now it's been given the axe.Hopefully this trend of ABC taking a page out of FOX's book and giving new shows a next to nothing chance does not continue. I've said it once and I'll say it again, hopefully there will be something meaningful to fill the timeslot left open by Zero Hour's cancellation and not another reality show or idiotic half hour comedy. The only network I have even an ounce of respect for right now is CBS.
That's what they get for replacing Lost Resort. The major networks need to take a page from FX and AMC and realize that providing consistent support for quality programming, regardless of ratings, will eventually build viewer trust and brand loyalty, which will translate into ratings success. Stop being so freaking short-sighted.
Episode 1 had holes but intrigued me. Episode 2 lost me.
Well yeah...since you couldn't hear most of it over the extra loud background music.
Exactly.
I spent last Saturday afternoon watching the first three episodes of "Zero Hour" on "On Demand." The moment I finished the third episode, almost to the second, was when the news popped up on my computer that ABC had just announced that they had pulled the plug on the show.

I think "Zero Hour" had potential. I enjoyed the episodes I watched. Yes, it was very involved. Yes, it tried to do a lot very quickly. Yes, it was hard to follow for the average TV viewer. But it wasn't worse than many of the programs still on the air, and better than some. To paraphrase Shakespeare, the fault lied not in the stars but with ABC. It didn't look to me like they promoted the show properly. They just threw it into the lions' den of broadcast television called Thursday night. Then, when no one knew what it was or where it was, it didn't get the ratings and ABC cancelled it. Big surprise.

I don't think ABC expected this show to do very well. It looks to me like someone at ABC second-guessed the decision to go with this program so they set up a self-fulfilling prophecy that would enable them to point to low ratings as the reason for cancellation. This happens with more frequency than you might think. It must really hurt to produce a program, any program, only to have the network trash it. And there's nothing the producers can do about it.

I'm becoming jaded on broadcast TV shows that have continuing plot lines vs. shows that tell a story in each episode. It's hard to commit to programs that require viewers to watch every episode to know what's going on. It's so much easier to watch programs where you can catch any episode and know what's going on. Waiting a full season - or sometimes several full seasons - for the payoff is tough to do in the world we live in. After the debacle called "Lost," where it appeared the producers and writers had no idea where they were going, how long it was going to take to get there, and just how to end it when they did get there, soured me on the long term commitment this type of show requires. So I've become more picky when it comes to this type of program. I watch some, but not that many. When they are done properly they can be magnificent (e.g "The Wire," "Mad Men," etc.) but the networks don't have the best record with this type of program. Premium channels and cable channels are better at it, (probably because they are willing to commit to them) so maybe it would be best to leave it to them.

My final thought: I may have time to watch a limited number of these programs, but I certainly don't have the time to watch part of a season only to have the program cancelled. Considering the unpredictable nature of TV, perhaps it's a better strategy to wait for a show to establish itself before committing to it. Then catch up by watching the episodes that were missed using "On Demand" or web sites. It's certainly the safer course.
At least the show now stays true to it´s name:
Zero Hour...on TV
It's always funny how networks hype their new shows like they are THE best thing since sliced bread..then kill them without remorse...if they aren't an instant hit.

Kind of makes you look on the hype for each new series with a bit of skepticism..and ignore their hype for their NEW shows.

If they REALLY thought it was so great.. don't you think they would give it a bit more of a chance to develop an audience?

Kind of reminds me of how the original Star Trek was killed after only 3 seasons.. and then went on to become one of the longest running and most lucrative TV and movie franchises in history!

These idiots never learn to think long term. Too eager for the quick hit and quick buck.
I liked it as crazy as it was :( Of course I also like Do No Harm
Its a vicious circle. You start something new and different (example:Last Resort), you did not give it enough time and you cancel it. Viewers know the way you work and do not even watch from the beginning, how do you get good ratings? Why even bother to start ? Just stick to same old police or doctor procedural stories which gets good ratings. Viewers surely watched those and it will be the same old thing on TV. I have stopped watching all the CSIs and Criminal minds and any doctor shows. I think many will follow soon.

In a way, I really liked House of Cards because when we start watching, we know for sure we get to watch everything at least for a whole season. I think in the future, we will all watch netflix.
Add to the cookie cutter cop and doctor procedural shows ..all the garbage "reality" shows ( REALLY? ..How "real" is it to do anything with a camera following you around!! )..and all the low brow pop culture celebrity obsession shows like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars..

I spend close to 190 a month on cable..and end up finding more good to watch on Netflix for 7.95 than I do for the other 190.

The pay cable networks take FOREVER to put new movie hits on their regular lineup and try to milk them for weeks..if not months with their additional pay to view channels! I've just about had it with cable!

If it weren't for shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, True Blood and Spartacus..I'd cancel HBO/Cinemax, Showtime and Starz tomorrow!

On a good note. A brand new show , called Vikings..has just started on the History channel.

Watched the first episode..and it was awesome.
This serie lost their way just in the first half hour. They made a so great mix of conspiracy theories and so disconnect one with another, people never linked it anymore. I think is better stop now because after the third episode I gave up. Even it´s continue certainly will be without me. I think Cult is coming to the same end.
in fact its a Frustrating to all of us ....so what the point they didn't give them a chance , the show started with unusual supernatural we call it (Good mix of excitement) it Reminds us of the same Bad and strange decision of canceling (the river)and for sure its a Rising show they stopped it for nothing (a Careless Decision from Directors).....and they do it again....
I like this show! why didnt give it time?
Zero Hour wasn't television's newest weekly hours of absurdity, it was television's newest WEAKLY hours of absurdity! ;-)
I'm not religeous and any show about a fantasy world where god exists really interests me because only in fiction do we see god actually do anything.

Zero Hour was about the supernatural and what would happen if certain events were allowed to transpire. In Zero Hour the person who collected all the clocks was supposed to be bring on the end of the world. I'm fascinated by anyone really wanting to end the world since it'll also bring on their own demise. But due to bad planning maybe they just don't realize it. Or maybe they think that another world or dimension will suddenly appear and take them in based upon their loyal service.

Guess what? I think people are tired of that scenario as entertainment since the Mayan predictions and the rogue planet Nibiru didn't cause the collapse of civilization or destroy the world. People are jaded now. They've been duped enough so we'll see a long period of comedies and reality shows succeed. Horror seems to be a good bet too.
Let's add yet another show on the list of ABC Death Slot victims (this one REALLY deserved it though). A moment of silence please.
They leave the slot blank to reveal the launching of Firefly - Year 10 A.M
REWRITE!REWRITE!REWRITE!
First things first, let's toast what could have been....and done.
AE has the face of a three-day-old puppy, how could you put a puppy in a Nazi uniform?
RECAST:
Hank Galliston/ Josh Duhamel or Brad Womack- both can play hot and sneaky; and Brad comes with 10M+ viewers and his own clone(twin).
Agent Riley/ Bar Rafaeli- another built-in audience and the poetic justice alone!
Priest/ James Morrison- He has that pre-packaged Jekyll/Hyde. Talent aside, I am all for artistic stretch; but casting a convicted murderer as a Priest was just well, wrong.

The plot lines were interesting, but needed to be tethered to something...anything! A mag in 2013?NOWAY. A alternate theory vlog; how awesome would it be to see Noam Chomsky, Thomas Campbell, etc make video appearances and assist the character!
Now only if the slower than molasses "Cult" could've been cancelled that fast!
@PeterKerr2;
I totally agree with you on Kyle XY. It was a great show!

I truly don't understand why they have such rating system? They gotta find a different way to rate the shows. Having a show rated just based on some flats / houses in U.S. is not just enough!
This comment has been removed.
Only idiots check out that crap. You never made a cent or you wouldn't be trying to scam others out of their hard earned money. I hope you rot in hell you piece of sh*t!
... It was already on episode 3? Time to delete the episodes I recorded then. Don't want to risk liking the show now.
it's sad that is has to come to this, basing what shows to watch on what night of the week they air on or how soon we think they are likely to be cancelled instead of on what ideas look interesting. I did the same thing with Miami Medical a few years ago.
same here, I knew something would go bad with this one, so I just waited.. and now same applies for Cult.. probably it will have the same fate..
Yeah, I'm holding off on that one too. I'll just keep recording the episodes until I know whether or not it's been cancelled.
You know, you might be on to something. Maybe I should record the first few episode and watch them only after the show succeeds. Then I won't be so annoyed when they cancell it. I can just delete the eps and watch something else.

The rating system is so antiquated that it isn't funny any more. Who watches show as they air? I don't. I'm always a day or two behind so that I can ship the ads. I watch at my convenience but I admit that I sometimes forget to skip the ads too. Even when I fast forward I watch them. That should be good enough for the advertising execs. Only stupid people watch the same ads over and over.

It wasn't a deliberate course of action on my part; I've just been extremely busy with school these past couple of weeks--enough so that I apparently lost a week--so I didn't have time to catch the show. Just as well though, it seems.

And yeah, I end up watching the commercials in high speed too, and I've seen them enough times that I know what they're selling. It's better than watching through Hulu and seeing the same commercial over and over and over again. By the time one episode's over, I'm too annoyed to continue watching.
are you guys retarded?!?! This show was quite unique in its entirety. Believe you me, I will be the first one to call out a bad show, but come on ABC, give zero hour a chance, last episodes chace around to find his wife through a string of clues she left behind gave me hope that this wouldn't just be a whole load of conspiracy theory related show (though that is always fascinating) but also more of an action/thriller show. IMO this was a BIG mistake by ABC. People just didn't get the chance to get into it yet. At least wait 4 episodes? surprised Cult is even still around, just like every other TV Show with a villain who runs a cult of serial killers rather than one of the lesser common type shows like "the event" etc. I never post on here, but seeing that zero hour got the X just got me fuming. What is good tv these days then? THE AMERICANS?!..... come on...
I'd love to watch an episode of both shows with you and point out all the plotholes and illogical actions in Zero Hour while praising the amount of realism on The Americans. ZH had just sooo many plotholes (and I mean within its universe, not criticizing any of the crazy plots in themselves) it was plain funny.
what I have a hard time believing is that people can't suspend belief on plotholes for two seconds to see if a question is answered later in the episode or a few episodes down the line, assuming a show makes it that far that is. So many people say this about so many shows it makes me wonder what we've all come to. This is the essence of good storytelling that makes us want answers to questions or makes us question when something doesn't make sense, but when people see this as a weakness of a show it bothers me.
I explicitly stated "within its universe, not criticizing any of the crazy plots in themselves" regarding the plotholes. I'm talking about the fact that his kidnapped wife had to wait in the car in the middle of a road where people walked nearby while her kidnapper casually went for the clock and she didn't manage to escape out of that (why he would let her wait in the car to begin with is beyond me). Or I'm talking about the "sprectrum" (sic) analysis on the last episode. If you know anything about physics or signal processing that scene was hilarious. Or the way the FBI is portrayed - 2 agents people help this guy dig out the clock and then leave. We later see him in his office with the clock while all the FBI left. So, apparently the FBI hands over evidence to witnesses now?
Just some examples out of SO many illogical and unrealistic behavior and/or plotting.
do we need another serie like the americans? no. we have too many shows like that now a days... this was something different, and yes many plotholes that could have been filled, its only been 3 episodes!
I don't care what a show is about when it's well written.
This is another reason why I never start watching a show before it has its season 2 confirmed.
hopefully you are exaggerating! There are many, many, good shows that only lasted one season or had a shortened second season that are awesome. Tru Calling, Jericho, Life on Mars, New Amsterdam, Human Target, just to name a few.
Nope. I dont like to watch half finished shows, with a bad ending/no ending.
I agree that it is disappointing, but some shows are worth it even if you know the ending is a cop out.
More good advice. It doesn't help the show with the ratings but if it's a hit then you'll watch eventually....
' "The 12" couldn't save it, only ABC could've save it, but ABC killed it.'

Could've save it? Tim needs to learn English or spellchecking or both.
Whats wrong with "could've saved it"?
You gave the answer yourself: "could've saveD it" :)
Ohh, I completely missed that. Hehe
This is the sort of show that should have come out during the summer when people have time to watch something like this.
It's also the case of a show that is based too much on premise and not enough on plot. So what if there's a bunch of deamon Nazis running around. Who cares? There's enough evil regular humans to deal with. It would probably have been more interesting if there was a group trying to start a fifth Reich by manipulating governments. Let the Winchesters take care of the deamons.
For all the tv stations, don´t expect to trust in you, because you can´t even acomplish one f. season. Trust is the word, you cannot give something to viewers and then take it away. I know it´s not the best but is not that bad either. A pitty.
Networks not stations.
Not excited about the first episode but it wasn't as bad as Cult, sooo i would like half a season to see where it was going. ( not sure i would watch it though... maybe if i didn't have anything else to see.)
Oh no, the first episide of Zero Hour was a lot worse than the first episode of Cult.
But to be fair to Cult they did try thier hardest to bridge the quality gap with the second episide.
The first episode of Cult was a hundred times worse than the first episode of Zero Hour. You FOOL. (I had to say that, because I loved how that German clockmaker said those words). Zero Hour was more ridiculous, but it was ridiculous in a fun way. How can you not enjoy a priest and a clockmaker who have all the answers and whisper them dramatically with movie trailer voices? Cult was just bad. Really, really bad.
I agree that Cult is bad, no argument there.And yes, there are some shows that are so bad they are enjoyable,and Cult is that kind of bad.
Zero Hour is also not that kind of bad it's more in the "Oh God, please make it stop!" area of badness, a level to which Cult has yet to reach but they are trying hard, bless them.
@bigape2005 it's a fair point about shows being cancelled to quickly or too often, but I don't think this applies with Zero Hour.

I don't want any of those programs you mentioned either, but there are lots of other options and to see Zero Hour stay on TV when lots of other shows are trying to make it would be equally sad.

This show wasn't just bad, it was completely wrong. How it got on the air I can't imagine. It was clear the writing was not great in the first 15 minutes of the pilot. Plus the main character was not particularly likable, and had nothing to offer in the quest. This is fiction....... making a main character who has some suitability for the task is the basics of creating a show.

The premise seemed ok, and it's a shame it was dealt with like it was. With better casting, and writing, perhaps we'd have had a half-decent show. Plus it's a shame for those that did enjoy it, but ABC have done the right thing because this show was bad, and should never have made it on-air in the first place.

Lets hope ABC have learned a lesson about what not to accept.
TL;DR Tim didn't like a show. Rejoices when it's cancelled due to poor ratings.

Next time a show airs noone will watch or give it a chance knowing it will be cancelled anyway. Still, good riddance, who needs original programming. More airtime for Junior Storage Wars and Real Housewives of Mogadishu! Woohoo!
Tim bashing. Networking blaming. Reality TV.
Meh. TL;DR
Bashing of the person bashing the person who gleefully bashes new shows while rejoicing in their failure. Yep, seems legit.
Is he? I remember Tim praising Last Resort which was a new show and got cancelled, too. He also praised The Americans and other new shows. You're simplifying ;)
I'm only playfully trolling you.

I do have a genuine dislike for the entire concept of "critics" though. The sheer fact that some people actual make real-world decisions on what they view (film, TV, art, etc) based on the opinions of some random individual is truly baffling to me.

Enjoy your day sir.
I don't even know why I still reply to you...
Prescreenings have been there since well...forever. Reviews before a movie or a TV show premieres are not a new concept. We are still told that there will be shows we can "fall in love with" but there are also bad reviews of shows before they air. SIMPLE AS THAT. There's no difference in prereviewing a good or bad show. And FFS this hypocritical selective attention is just annoying. There are equally enough shows and premieres that Tim praises, hates or finds something in between. And Zero Hour was bashed by the critics. I would love to see any real critic who wrote a review in favor of Zero Hour before it aired.
You know what they say "Those who can't, critique". So I am merely critiqing the critic, the Anti-Critic if you wish (revealing an emblazoned "AC" on his chest, cape billowing in the breeze).

I ask you, when did tv.com stop being THE site dedicated to industry news and updates and start thinking it should be the authorative source on what consumers should watch.

In the days B.S. (before Surette) we were told what new shows were coming up for us to fall in love with. Now we are told, before they even air, which ones we should take to dinner because they have bad feet and hog the duvet in bed.

You know what Tim... Maybe I LIKE bad feet!
That cynism almost reminds me of someone... Well, have fun hating on.
Sadly my busy schedule as a Network Executive searching for the next Honey Boo Boo blocker busting ratings winner means in don't have the time to go back over all Tim "naysayer" Surette's posts, but I can assure you he's as tentative about committing to new shows as a child is eating a new type of vegetable at the dinner table. Only committing when he knows he has to eat it.

I think Tim is doing us all a great public service. By watching these pilots before they air and telling us not to bother saves countless hours each season where we would otherwise have to waste our time making up our own minds (reference a commenter on a previous review "Thank Tim! You saved me an hour of my life". Yeah, thanks Tim! I used that valuable hour scouting locations for the upcoming premier season of Ice Road Surface Graders.

Thankfully his more than jovial reviews of Persons of Interest meet with my approval, so no doubt he will sleep soundly tonight.
the only good this show had was it's begging at the pilot. with the priest and all.. only this was cool, everything else was just trash. canceling this show was a good choice
Because ZERO people watched it at any HOUR.... yes i went there... i even used caps to force the bad joke... no stone throwing please...
I thought about making the same joke but I had the good sense NOT to go there! It was so obvious that my 10 year old made the same remark the moment he heard that it'd been cancelled.
I think people are just tired -- the networks are airing new shows and yanking them at the drop of a hat, so people don't even really want to tune in. Granted, a lot of what the show offered was indeed absurd, and the writing downright awful, but there have been and are worse shows still on the air.
In terms of major midseason premieres, how are we doing?

Deception (NBC) - doing ok, ratings look like they dropped off about 35% from the premiere but are holding at 3 million, which is saying a lot for NBC.
Stars in Danger (Fox) - dead on arrival.
1600 Penn (NBC) - poor critical response, ratings tanking.
The Carrie Diaries (The CW) - mixed critical response, tepid ratings.
The Following (Fox) - mixed to positive reviews, decent if not outstanding ratings.
The Taste (ABC) - respectable start meets poor reviews to falter.
Do No Harm (NBC) - utter flop, near-instantly canceled.
The Job (CBS) - the flop, also a nearly instant cancellation.
Zero Hour (ABC) - zero interest.
Cult (The CW) - failure, not even epic.
Golden Boy (CBS) - mixed reviews, weak but not deathly ratings.
I misspoke on Deception, it turns out NBC isn't actually happy about those ratings and it's on the bubble. The midseasoning continues! THE CARNAGE!
This show had so much potential and I disagree withhthe ratings system. I liked it and it was almost movie like. Ughhh these networks need rearranging!
Potential and quality have nothing to do with ratings, which is what programs need to achieve to stay on the air. People always want to make some automatic connection between quality and ratings. Either can be good or bad. No relation.
Plenty of eye rolling moments when watching this ...I even slept a couple of times. But I must say it wasn't that bad! I couldn't even get through the first episode of Terra Nova but I watched the first 3 episodes.

Too bad I wont have minded seeing how it ends
I can provide details on that, but I don't know the spoiler policy here....
varying opinions I see. I did like it to a point but it seemed the writers didn't do a good job I mean please the wife was of no use so why is she still alive, and lets just move over old lady and let the bad guy have the clock while no one is protecting her! Let's not forget how practical it was to have the bad guy get by plane from Paris before the good guys did in the latest ep. It did have potential and I would love it to have succeeded just to not make more room for reality crap that may be cheaper to produce but is the public really that hard up to be brain dead.

I loved pan am & the finder & yes even the mob doctor was better than "The bachelor franchise" (cringe!) my husband loved last resort. So we are reluctant to watch anything new that we may like and it gets axed.
Never heard of this series before.
I'm really dreading the next fall show season. This one was the worst one by far and if people are not giving shows a chance before they get all negative and give up on them then the tv stations are going to keep investing in more of the same shows that people seem to watch. Whenever a show does well 10 clones pop up on other channels. What's wrong with giving something different a chance?
I'll tell you what's wrong with that. Money's what's wrong with that. Television has ceased to be an art form in most cases and it's all about whether joe blow will watch it and buy their stuff and who cares if it's good or not. Thank God we can still watch the stuff we have because TV is fast becoming that vast wasteland often alluded to...
It was always that way. Always been a business. It's not that no one cares whether it's good or not, it's that it needs to make profits to stay on.
exacty.. For example, after Homeland , 5 other same shows appeared on other networks.
Uh what? Nothing that's even a little like Homeland has appeared so far.
house of cards, the americans, haunted
This comment has been removed.
What upsets me about this is that it had no time to develop. I've seen a lot of shows that I didn't think I was going to like just to turn around and become my favorite. Wish I could have found out what was going on....time travel? Cerebral show's never seem to do to well in the US for some reason.
I agree! It just seems that people aren't willing to give a show time to develop it's story line.
Perhaps we're all idiots after all...
Load More Comments