Absolutely Fabulous finds leads

With all these pilots streaming into networks recently, it's become a feeding frenzy for actors looking for more work. Veteran shows are also taking the time to sign actors for guest spots. There have been plenty of announcements made recently, let's take a look.

Absolutely Fabulous--The U.S. version of the British cult comedy will rely heavily on its leads, and we'll have to wait to see if the chemistry is there. 3rd Rock from the Sun's Kristen Johnston has signed on to play Patsy and Revolutionary Road's Kathryn Hahn will play Eddie. How convincing will their hangovers be? (Variety)

Criminal Minds--Hunk o' love Moonlight star Alex O'Loughlin will guest star on the CBS procedural as a serial killer. The episode is set to air in April. I doubt it will be long before we hear about him taking the lead in one of the several pilots CBS greenlit recently--he's too valuable for anything else. How about as a doc in Three Rivers? And better yet, keep him a vampire! (EW.com)

Hung--This HBO show about a man with a large penis (played by Thomas Jane) has landed Anne Heche as the well-endowed man's ex-wife. Now would be a good time to make a sophomoric joke. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Parks and Recreation--NBC's new not-Office spin-off is looking pretty awesome and has added one of Hollywood's hottest actors in Paul Schneider (check him out in The Assassination of Jesse James) as Amy Poehler's flame. Everwood's Chris Pratt will play the boyfriend of Rashida Jones' character. Will anyone be funnier than Aziz Ansari though? (Zap2It.com)

Human Target--Fringe's Mark Valley will stay at Fox and lead this drama about a man who helps clients by assuming their identities when they get into trouble, which often means being in someone else's crosshairs. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Mar 06, 2009
It is great to see Alex O'Loughlin back in TV. Although it would have been even better if moonlight would have been back with him. It is such a shame that a great series like moonlight was canceled.
Feb 20, 2009
Great to see Alex O'Loughlin back in TV, yeah I'm a heartbroken Moonlight junkie
Feb 16, 2009
Don't think their hangover will be AT ALL convincing! Ab Fab ladies', that is. Kristen Johnston as Patsy is sort of okay, but I think Kathryn Hahn is totally wrong. She's too young, too skinny, and too boring to play Eddie. In my humble opinion! Can't wait to see how well they'll suck. ;-)
Feb 14, 2009
None of these shows appeal to me but I will say that I'm pleased to see Alex O Loughlin return to tv.
Feb 12, 2009
Think I'll be watching none of these.
Feb 12, 2009
Alex back on TV is AWESOME news! I have to agree with SammyP that Alex is way too good for CBS but at least he can show the procedural show audience just how INCREDIBLE he is. We Moonlight fans already know this. I must admit I don't watch Criminal Minds or any CBS shows since they cancelled Moonlight but for Alex I will be there. I absolutely adore Alex O'Loughlin and hope to see him as our favorite vampire again. Who knows, maybe the execs. at Sci-Fi are much smarter then the ones at CBS and will give us more seasons of Moonlight...
Feb 12, 2009
Ok AbFab.... ALL WRONG!!!! This is sooo going to be another Little Britian (I'd say Kath and Kim but at least the actresses are slightly better fitting in K&K, so I'm sure AbFabUS will perfrom much worse (tisk tisk tisk fox, have you learnt NOTHING!?)

Mister Moonlight is back to tv!! Yay, But I got to say Alex, you're too good for CBS after the way those HACKS treated you - youre the bigger man for giving them a second chance. What can I say? at least they are giving you a guest spot on one of their better dramas (although I prefer their sitcoms better)

Im glad to see Anne back to tv. Neve like MiTrees but i used to watch it just coz she was in it - and the idea of Hung had already Peaked my interest so to speak so now ill deffinatley be checking this show out!!

As for PR (dont think we didnt notice Parks and Rec... is a cover up for Public Relations..which i think is clever btw... KUDOS) I dont watch the office but im really hyped for this show, i think it coz of all the talk. i hope it doesnt flop. but knowing the people behind it - it wont

also human targets seems like another lost vs 24 so i doubt ill watch it really - depends on the pilot and the production in general on this one im afraid
Feb 12, 2009
It will be wonderful to see Alex back on TV. I've really missed him since Moonlight finished.
Please CBS give him his own show again (or do the smart thing and bring Moonlight back - I could live with that!
Seriously, anything with him on will be at the top of the viewing list in my home.
Feb 12, 2009
Great to see Alex O'Loughlin back, I really miss Moonlight. Ab Fab was a brilliant show for many years but I suspect mainly because Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders were so good. I'm not sure how successful it would be played by other people.
Feb 12, 2009
Kathryn Hahn (co-starring in the new AbFab) might be better remembered as Lily Lebowski on "Crossing Jordan" than for her role in "Revolutionary Road."
Feb 12, 2009
I am so excited about this part for Alex O'Loughlin. Alex is a brilliant talent, with an incredible range, and he has said that he loves to play a "bad guy". As shown in his movie FEED, Alex does it so well, and I love the fact that this will be from the serial killer's POV - very cool. Alex is a killer in FEED, but he shows you so much more about the character than what the script suggests, that I ended up rooting for him. Alex HAS to have the lead in a show, and in a perfect world, that show would be the return of Moonlight. The DVD is out in stores and on-line, and Moonlight is airing on Sci-Fi on Fridays at 9 pm EST. If you haven't seen Moonlight - or if you have - watch it on Sci-Fi and buy the DVD. Word is, that if the #s are high enough, that ML just may be brought back. While you are at it, check out Alex's movies on DVD - the man can do no wrong on film, they are all outstanding, and the prices are great at Amazon.com. SO - Alex back as Mick on Moonlight and in movies on the side, lead only, of course - PERFECT WORLD!
Feb 12, 2009
I am very happy that Alex O'Loughlin is coming back on TV, is about time, he will be great as a serial killer, I just hope he gets his own show soon, he is sorely missed!
Feb 11, 2009
Moonlight shouldn't 've been cancelled.
Feb 11, 2009
I don't know if I like the Ab Fab casting... Why ruin a great show?