Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Do You Think Spinning Off Bobbi and Hunter Is a Bad Idea? (POLL)

ABC has been trying to spin-off Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s two best characters, Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood), since the end of Season 2 in an attempt to expand Marvel's presence on the network. Now with Marvel's Most Wanted, another potential spin-off starring the two former spouses as ex-spies on the run, in contention at ABC for the 2016-17 season, it's finally maybe happening. This week in "Parting Shot," Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote out Bobbi and Hunter in a heartbreaking twist that saw the two sacrifice themselves in order to protect the show's titular organization, but it did so in a way that makes it nearly impossible for the two fan-favorite characters to return to the mothership if Marvel's Most Wanted isn't picked up for next season.

Bobbi and Hunter, who were once married but had divorced prior to their appearances on the series, were both introduced at the beginning of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s second season, and they've played a large role in making the series the mostly enjoyable drama that it is today. So did ABC make the right call when it decided to spin them off into their own series, or will the network be kicking itself later?

ARGUMENT NO. 1: YEP, ABC BLEW IT

When Bobbi and Hunter joined the fray, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had just come off a strong run of episodes at the end of Season 1, but that first season was the very definition of rocky and lackluster until Ward was revealed to be working for Hydra. With Ward locked in a cell for an extended period of time and later escaping in Season 2, Bobbi and Hunter proved to be just what the show needed. Bobbi brought her badass experience to S.H.I.E.L.D. thereby giving the show more action and a leader in the field who was young enough not to be jaded by the job, while Hunter brought the sarcasm and levity that the series had reached for but was never really able to grasp in its freshman season.

Both Palicki and Blood eventually came to be integral to the success of the show and their characters became reliable in a way that other recent additions have not been. To remove them now will make the series (and the team) unbalanced and eliminate one of the only sources of consistent emotional storytelling (the other being Fitz and Simmons). And to lose Blood's always on-point comedic performance as Hunter has the potential to shift the entire tone of the series. It'd be like removing Cisco from The Flash, Marshall from Alias, or, if we want to stay within the Whedon wheelhouse, Xander or Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Wash from Firefly, or Topher from Dollhouse

Furthermore, there's no reason to believe that a show based solely on their characters will find success. "Parting Shot" was a solid example of what we can probably expect from Marvel's Most Wanted, but it was only one episode and therefore not a very good judge of what's to come. Together their characters had some really great moments, but the most emotional part of the episode was actually about how they had fit into S.H.I.E.L.D. and that won't be possible to replicate in their own series.

Plus, let's be honest: how many spin-offs are actually successful?

ARGUMENT NO. 2: NO, ABC WAS SMART TO TRY TO SPREAD THE WEALTH

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is hardly the first series to try to spin-off beloved characters into their own shows, and sometimes those spin-offs turn out to be really great. Look at Angel! It ran for five seasons and was beloved by many fans, some who'd never even seen Buffy. From a business standpoint, it makes sense to try and expand Marvel's presence on ABC, especially since the delightful Marvel's Agent Carter almost certainly won't be returning for Season 3 due to its poor ratings (why didn't anyone watch Agent Carter?!?!). Bobbi and Hunter, because they're well liked by the show's fans and because they have an emotional foundation already in place, make the most sense to spin-off. Fans are already invested in their story and they have the built-in history that will give the new series a Mr. and Mrs. Smith meets Burn Notice vibe.

Additionally, with Bobbi and Hunter no longer on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the series will have more time to devote to the other members of its incredibly large cast instead of being forced to sideline various characters every other week in order to try to give everyone their due. Right now the series is juggling the Inhumans and the Secret Warriors arc, the A.T.C.U. and the U.S. government, Hydra and Hive's big evil plan, the emotional Fitz and Simmons relationship, May's lingering issues regarding Andrew, Daisy and Lincoln's new relationship, and the sure-to-be-coming fallout from Mack losing his two closest friends on the team. There's a LOT going on, and if the series doesn't have to also juggle Bobbi and Hunter, it'll give the writers more time to dig into these other characters and develop their arcs more.

MY SAY:

As I said in my review of "Parting Shot," I'm at least open to the idea of considering a Bobbi and Hunter spin-off in the wake of the episode, whereas before I was vehemently against it. That doesn't mean I think, should it be ordered to series, that it's going to be good or that I would even look forward to it, despite Hunter being my favorite character. But I can understand why ABC thought this was a bright idea. Still, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will absolutely be a weaker show after Bobbi and Hunter's departure, and since the series is already renewed for Season 4 and Marvel's Most Wanted is still just a possibility, I have to say that I think ABC really pooped the bed on this one.

YOUR TURN:

thekaitling:list:agents-of-shield-is-spinning-off-bobbi-and-hunter-a-bad-idea/

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 9pm on ABC.

Mar 30, 2016
Enough Marvel shows without a focus of super heros. Just don't care enough to watch that many shows. DC gets TI better then Marvel. Set of heros for the shows with their own story and another set of actors for the movies. Marvel is losing it.
Mar 27, 2016
It's pretty hard to get a feel about individual actors in an ensemble cast. Shield's chemistry comes from the group, gaining or losing one or two people isn't going to make or break the show. Can they carry a show of their own? Possible, but I hope it's not a "bad inhuman of the week" procedural. But that's just me.

I thought Peggy Carter was excellent and it's hard for me to understand why she didn't draw viewers. Any spin-off of Shield is going to be manufactured to appeal to the masses. Maybe they can pull it off, but I don't feel either one of them is going to be an automatic draw in a new show.
Mar 27, 2016
I don't understand why they can't go back to a secret organization that doesn't even technically exist. They were going to bust them out but now that they were released they can't use them? Being disavowed only matters when you are left to rot in prison. Such bad writing. Even before they were caught they weren't recognized. Nothing would prevent them from returning and claiming they don't work for Shield if ever caught again.

But I guess the realistic ending of being disavowed and being in jail wouldn't make for a good spin-off! Although it won't make it past season 1 regardless.
Mar 25, 2016
The show will not miss 2 lesser characters, i sure as hell wont.
Mar 25, 2016
I also wish the writers hadn't made it almost impossible for Bobby and Hunter to return in case Most Wanted doesn't get picked up or it receives low ratings and cancelled.
I do trust the writers have a plan should MW not succeed, that they will come up with a brilliant plan that allows our two friends to return home :0)
Good luck on their next TV show! I will be watching and cheering them on!!! ♡
Mar 24, 2016
Actually as much as I love them I constantly worry about one of them getting killed off and that would make me sadder than if they left to live a happy life, that being said I can't imagine them living a serene life.....I guess a spin off would be good...can't kill of the stars right????
Mar 24, 2016
I love the characters but if the spin-off is coming at the expense of Agent Carter....forget it!
Mar 24, 2016
I'm very much against them leaving SHIELD. They really made the show sing in it's 2nd and the beginning of this 3rd season. I think SHIELD will be weaker, and I seriously doubt that Bobbi and Hunter can carry their own show. And if their parting hadn't been so final, then they could've had the option of coming back. But now...it's like we lost the wonderful Agent Carter for the Marvel tv version of Legends of Tomorrow, which has been downright boring and snooze-worthy.
Mar 25, 2016
I agree. I really like them as part of the team, but not in their own. I don't think they're strong enough on their own to carry a whole show. I'll give the show a chance if it's picked up but I'd rather Agent Carter be renewed.
Mar 24, 2016
I love these two, so will def give a try to the spin-off, but if this project means that Agent Carter will be replaced, I'd better have Carter
Mar 24, 2016
I love them!! I was disappointed to see them go. I don't think we need a spin off but I'll give it a chance
Mar 24, 2016
I think it is a bad idea overall, it weakens the main show, probably makes it less likely that the excellent Agent Carter returns not to mention that the strengths of Bobbi and Hunter came as much from their interactions with the rest of the team and not just each other.
Mar 24, 2016
Bobbi and Hunter are two of the best of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I expect that without them the show will lose viewers.
Shows are better when synergy is applied and more good characters make each episode better. How can anyone be thinking that taking away two of its strongest people be making Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. better?
But in American TV is all, I mean ALL about the money, not the quality.
Mar 24, 2016
i will never understand y 'agent carter' had poor rating cuz it's a delight of a show.

i'd like to c them work alone :D

what i like most about the marvel universe is exactly that: they kept it one universe, and, even though it s spread between the big screen and various TV networks, there s a general awareness of the existance of the others within the same universe and even the ocassional mention. so i like to hope that Bobby and Hunter running around alone and having their own agenda and 'missions' might give oportunities for farther entaglements of that short. how cool would it be if on a 'mission' in new york they happened to run onto ...claire, cuz they need medical attention, or the reporter investigating something related to their case turns out to be karen page? or the guy going after the same target as them turns out to b the punisher?
Mar 24, 2016
I fee like in a lot of ways we will be losing Agent Carter and gaining this spin off, and while I know thats not the case, its what it feels like. I would rather just have Agent Carter.
Mar 24, 2016
They can try the spin off... If it works bonus, if it doesn't work they can always bring them back, right? I know, I know, they said in this episode "they can never work for S.H.I.E.L.D or the government again" but come on... A spy organization and the US Government working together can bring anyone back to the team. Remember it all about the ratings.
Mar 24, 2016
They were the best characters on SHIELD. I'm pretty sure that a show with them will be more interesting as long as they will stay how they are (Hunter for example is more ruthless and pragmatic than everyone in SHIELD combined, hopefully he won't turn to another goody two shoes).
Mar 24, 2016
That was a sad and tearfull ending of those two great characters...loved how they got the drinks one by one and how they said goodbye to the group....
They will be missed....
Loved the inhuman power of the general..he kicked some Shield ass...
Mar 24, 2016
You know what, I'll say maybe. But that doesn't mean the spin-off won't be horrible. If the show is going full supers then it makes sense even then I am in it for the Marvel hero stuff, not just another procedural set in the world of Marvel.
Mar 24, 2016
I don't think the show misses a whole lot with them gone. It's not that the characters are poor, but they are new characters to the show, and they're not typically the focus.

You never know with spin offs. We have Agent Carter, which is awesome, but on the CW we have Legends of Tomorrow, which is, I will admit, not the Flash/Arrow level of goodness I am looking for.

Good luck to them, because I think it'll be hard to get another hour out of the audience. A lot to ask.
Mar 24, 2016
I will watch it most likely, but there is no reason to do it at all except that Disney/ABC wants another Marvel show. On one hand, the lack of history gives us an opportunity to learn more about them, but on the other it also doesn't give us a reason to WANT a show that revolves around just them. It's so hard for people to come into an established show but Hunter and Bobbi fit in very well almost from the start and taking them away will leave a void.

I wish they wouldn't spin them off, atleast not so definite like this... they made it where it'll be very hard to impossible to bring them back if Most Wanted fails. It would be different if it was something from the comics but these two aren't married or even together in the comics. Bobbi/Mockingbird was romantically involved with Hawkeye and Hunter was the head STRIKE which is basically of the British version of SHIELD... Most Wanted just sounds kind of eh to me, seems like it'll be very episodic with no real endgame. If it was just a miniseries and they would definitely get back into SHIELD then I think more people would like the idea.
Mar 24, 2016
the bob/hunter most wanted series could work, and i get that marvel is trying to spread out as much as they can......
But doing it like this, by burning bridges so Bob and Hunter can never (or very problematical) return to AOS was just soooo dumb.
It makes no sense or serves no purposes, it would have worked much better if Coulson had just assigned them to hunt the "most wanted" the actors could then have left the main show and done the spin-off, and if it failed, they could have rejoined AOS, no problem.
I had come to expect more from the writers..... but this feels like we are back in s1 were stupid things kept happening for no reason.
Mar 24, 2016
I'm glad they're spinning off the characters because they're the part of the show I like the least, and I was confused when I read reviews and found out people liked them. This way I probably won't have to deal with them much.

That said, it feels like there are too many Marvel shows already, and having another one dedicated to spy antics might not be the best idea. I think a show about a superhero or two would be a more likely success in the ratings.
Mar 24, 2016
I don't like the idea of spinning them off because I like them in SHIELD. Hunter is my favourite character and I like the dynamic between him and Bobbi (I don't think she's that great a character outside that pairing, but I don't dislike her either), but I don't want a whole show of that.
Mar 24, 2016
2 emotional goodbyes on back to back nights, this one and now Criminal Minds. Damn too much emotions
Mar 24, 2016
Ugh. After last night's very, very MEH episode with them, I'm can't say I think it's a good idea...
Mar 24, 2016
Agents of Shield doesn't have fantastic ratings now. Taking off two popular characters runs the risk of lowering Shield's ratings as well as the spin-off having lower ratings than Shield - like we saw with The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
Mar 24, 2016
This feels like they're trying to use Marvel to fill the Castle void coming up.

After last night's episode, I definitely think this is a bad idea. Both Hunter and Bobbi round out the SHIELD team well, without them the show is diminished.

Hunter is great, but what makes him work best is his relationships with the other characters and how he differs from them, not just that he's romantically tangled with Bobbi.

And Bobbi is... there, too. She's fine, but there's not all that much to her without the rest of the team. Mockingbird isn't enough of a name to carry a Marvel show.

Both of them are very human and very adept in their skills, so they work well in this crowd but I don't want to see them do the same bickering dance week after week with nobody else to really bounce off of individually or as a couple. We don't need Secret Agents Hart to Hart.

It also doesn't feel remotely necessary, their parting from SHIELD was dumb: "our secret agents can't work for our secret agency because we publicly made a promise that they wouldn't." That's just silly, they're not spies working for a government agency officially anyway, so being burned means nothing, it's woefully artificial.

And to close, I would say that having too many watchable characters isn't a bad problem for SHIELD to have. The one thing Marvel's Agents of SHIELD has never done well is conveyed the proper scope of the agency, it really feels like a handful of people disconnected from anybody else but a hallway full of extras. Taking more actual SHIELD people away doesn't help.
Mar 24, 2016
I'm crushed. Bobbi and Hunter are my faves, along with Fitz and Simmons. I don't care that much for Lincoln and 'Daisy', nor that much for Coulson, May and Mack.

My main issue is that its permanent! Addison at least came back to Grey's, Angel to Buffy and so on...
But also, Addison was my fave until she was the lead and had to carry everything. I worry that Bobbi and Hunter will lose what I have come to love them for. Does this mean no more undercover missions?!
Mar 24, 2016
Last night's SHIELD ratings: 2.907 overall to come in tenth place / 0.9, in the "demo" - also tenth place and down 10% from last episode

If the whole ensemble can't keep this afloat, how would just these two survive? How does ABC not realize these two will sink if they throw them overboard to swim on their own in ratings stormy waters??

And they renewed SHIELD???

And I do watch and like the show, but no, this is a FAIL.
Mar 24, 2016
Shield has three seasons under its be one more and it has the minimum episodes necessary for syndication. Shows with three full seasons are virtually guaranteed a fourth nowadays, even if the production company has to give it away and make up for it in syndication later.

But I agree - the show overall this season has "ok" ratings - about 80% of ABC's scripted average. It's risking a lot to take off two popular characters and it's unlikely the spin-off with match Shield's ratings. Given these factors, I'm clueless as to why they're so hell-bent on doing it.
Mar 24, 2016
I'll certainly miss Hunter's wit, but certainly not Bobbi Morse. Neither character was ever my favorite on Shield and I have never been a fan of Adrienne Palicki - kind of glad she is off Agents of Shield to be honest.

As for a spin-off, I do not think that it is going to work, at least not for ABC, as another Marvel Netflix series, maybe (and I stress the maybe) but not as a prime time show on a major network. Despite my dislike of both Palicki and Morse, I probably will watch the Most Wanted pilot comes out but for me the show would just be a boredom killer, not entertainment. Neither character is strong enough to build a series on, and though Marvel TV series have done a good job of not relying on each other for plot lines and cross overs, the series each have their own story arcs that are separate from each other. Sure the series reference each other sometimes in thinly veiled lines that if you aren't a fan you'd probably miss, but Shield, Daredevil and Jessica Jones have done a fair job of keeping their own plot lines even though they are all part of the same cinematic universe. Because of that it is doubtful that Most Wanted would tie into Shield very much, the pilot already has its own setting and it has nothing to do with Shield so Most Wanted is probably going to end up being like Alias or Nikita with a little Marvel and some Inhumans thrown into the mix, and that just does not seem entertaining.

Bottom line - Not looking forward to Most Wanted, do not think it is going to be good or last as a series and if they do bring back either character to Agents of Shield - I hope its Nick Blood's Hunter. I did however like the "Spy's Goodbye" scene, I thought it was unique and sweet in its own way - personally I hate when series just kill off characters that are leaving, seems like lazy writing/lack of imagination.
Mar 24, 2016
I never really got into either character, I would rather they focus on the many other people that I am interested in.

I will watch the spin off, it might be good!
Mar 24, 2016
ALL that is left to say about this unneeded spin-off is....... ............ MOCK, yeah, -ing, YEAH! BIRD, yeAH;-P

Yeah?
Mar 24, 2016
Since they're burned/disavowed as SHIELD agents, what would they do in a spinoff? Detective agency? Travel agency? Furniture store?
Mar 24, 2016
Mercenaries for hire was the logline of the series when it was first proposed. Basically a 2-man A-Team.
Mar 24, 2016
I'm calling it now! Season 2016-17 of shows Arrow/ SPN / Jessica Jones / Dmge. Control / AoS/ NO Agent Carter ( Can we just get a FINAL 6 episodes of this to tie things up?) & Marvel's Most un-WANTED are all going to be guilty of ISH'ng the bed:-/
Mar 24, 2016
I personally think the only way Most Wanted will work is if Bobbi goes full Mockingbird. Agent Carter's tepid ratings may imply that ABC viewers aren't dying for another Marvel spy show. Give us an ABC version of Daredevil with a dash of spy action and comic relief via Hunter...and we may have a different story.
Mar 24, 2016
I still don't think it's a good idea. They can't carry a show, full stop.
Mar 24, 2016
Hunter may be a good folly, but Bobbie isn't a decent straight man for their double act. As the serious, reasonable spy she's too stiff and what often works about Fitz and Simmons doesn't quite work for them.

The characters are going to have to build on their spousal dynamic without a third party that could make their confessions endearing. The one strenght I see at this point is as action heroes, they could always build on that without a team now they are walking targets.
Mar 24, 2016
I like Hunter as comic relief and super loyal if not hasty teammate. but my biggest issue is that I've never found the Hunter/Bobbi relationship or banter to be that compelling. If anything Hunter was more fun complaining to Mack about Bobbi, than he ever was with Bobbi herself. Nevertheless, my concern is that Adrianee Palicki while statuesque and gorgeous, isn't that good of an actor and her fights (with the exception of the one with Ward at the end of season 2) have always been just a little off balance. Which I'm willing to overlook on Shield because she is one of many, everything else averages her out. But given the weakest actor on the show a spinoff? Eh, not so sure about that.
Mar 24, 2016
i do feel that marvel is going to drown some of it's shows with the amount of shows it's looking at doing over the next few years. i question is marvel trying to do too much too soon?

Daredevil
Jessica jones
luke cage
iron fist
the defenders

Agents of shield
Agent carter
Most wanted-bobby & hunter spinoff
Damage controll

Rumored
Hawkeye
Hulk-tv series
Spiderman-Tv series
Mar 24, 2016
What's "Damage Control"? This is the 1st I've heard of it.
Mar 25, 2016
Marvel's Damage Control, or simply Damage Control, is an American television series currently in development on the ABC network based on the Marvel Comics team Damage Control.

Synopsis

Damage Control is a cleaning crew [that] specializes in dealing with the aftermath of the unique fallout from super hero conflicts. They are the ones who are in charge of returning lost ray guns to their rightful owners, help to reschedule a wedding venue after it has been vaporized in a super hero battle or even track down a missing prize African parrot that’s been turned to stone or goo. Sometimes the most important super heroes are the ones behind the scenes — and that’s who “Damage Control” will follow.
Mar 26, 2016
Thank you so much. Hmm, I thought that was part of SHIELD's job.
Mar 27, 2016
it is and it isn't like their a sub division of shield like sword, strike or smash.
Mar 27, 2016
This comment has been removed.
Mar 24, 2016
Oh GOD plz. don't let them make a low budget tv show of HULK/SPIDEY!!!:-( Also who gives enough of a eFF, to watch a Hawkeye show?
Mar 24, 2016
Renner & stan lee have thrown down support of a possible netflix series of hawkeye in recent news as for hulk/spidey rummors have been circling since AOU
Mar 24, 2016
Am I the only one that thought Mr. And Mrs. Smith was bad and shouldn't be anything to aspire to?

Can this work? Sure. Will it? Unlikely. It can work if there is top notch writing. If it has say Agent Carter's writers I say that it could do well. But, it needs to knock it out of the park each and every episode. I don't think it will survive with the current trend of comic based shows not being that great in the 1st season. Something like this, not being great in the first season would cost it the whole show. I don't think that it would be able to get a second season if their numbers are low. This isn't AoS that can link to the movies and this isn't Carter that can link to AoS and the movies. This is an outlier and I am not sure they are going to have the temerity to follow through with it consistently.

Adding to this, this will be on ABC, not Netflix, not even FX where they could get away with some things as writers and runners that you simply can't while writing for primetime on a network. You put this on Cinemax and let the writers of something like Banshee or Strike Back or The Americans take a whack at it and it could conceivably be one of the better things on TV. But they aren't so it won't.

The only thing is that as easily as they were written off AoS they could be written back on. Well Bobbie could Hunter, naturally would have to die a horrible death.

But whatever, as long as it isn't another Shonda show I am all for it.
Mar 24, 2016
You're not the only one Mate. Mr. & Mrs. Smith is one of those movies, where the only positive thing that you can say about it is, at least they were able to create jobs for people for the duration of time it took to make that film. Creating jobs: that's about all some movies are good for.
Mar 24, 2016
How awkward would it be for EVERYONE, audience included! If their show fails, and they have to go back to AoS w/ their tails between their legs?
Mar 24, 2016
But they don't even have the option of returning since they've been denounced by Shield and the US gov. If the show fails, we may never see them again.
Mar 24, 2016
It is my understanding that like Bobbie is more like Black Widow than she is like May. Which means that she has aliases and can die her hair, cut her hair and speak a different language and no one other than the core group would know the difference. And this is the comic world, people have come back from the dead. Also what's his name, the changing man was arrested for being a Hydra agent and is still working.
Mar 23, 2016
I don't think a spin off will work because of Bobbi. Hunter is fine as the comedic relief (although he is more than that too) but Bobbi is just plain boring. Anything she can do, May can do better and I get even less emotion from Bobbi than from May. I'm fine with Bobbi leaving Shield but wish we'd kept Hunter as he worked so well with the rest of the team. Plus, now we'll have more Lincoln which is ok except for the unnecessary romance with Skaisy.
Mar 23, 2016
Fully support spin off with these 2 characters having more air time! Just add a new hot babe to AGENTS OF SHIELD.
Mar 23, 2016
I forgot about the spin off, so I didn't really buy them being kicked out of SHIELD. I thought it was something that would be remedied in the next episode, didn't know it was actually going to be permanent.

I'm not really on board with this. I like the two characters for sure, but not enough where I would want to watch a spin off series about them. It's weird how ABC is so on board with all these spin offs considering that the ratings don't seem that good to me.
Mar 24, 2016
I know right? I thought this would of been a decent lil' filler episode if they did do a two part-er or something w/ Bobbi/Hunter on the run. Then being brought back into the fold w/ dues ex machina of sorts at the end.The only way I can see this possibly working is if Bobbi goes full comic book Mockingbird. Then her and Hunter can go on a permanent road trip running into all the more popular heroes of the MCU!!!;-)
Mar 23, 2016

I'm still wiping off tears. That episode bummed me out! It was so good/funny/sarcastic/sad... My 2 favorite characters leaving.. I hope the spin off goes well. And I agree with craigscot83, I think there's a good Hawkeye/Black Widow vide and I hope they explore that.

Mar 23, 2016
I can't decide. SHIELD is at a stage in its life where it is developing its characters and the Marvel Universe. Bobbi and Hunter made SHIELD great and i know they will make Most Wanted great as well. SHIELD needs to start building the hype of crossing over to the MCU as the Universe develops. As it relates to Bobbi and Hunter, it worked well for Sam and Dean Winchester. As long as I get more Bobbi and Hunter I'm good.
Mar 23, 2016
One idea that might work could be to have them working for a certain one-eyed former Director of SHIELD (clearly off-book), doing the kind of black op missions Black Widow and Hawkeye used to do in the comic books (undercover, infiltration, murder type) rather than just them "on the run".

Especially since, after last night's episode, they don't *technically* have anything to be on the run from.
Mar 23, 2016
I don't know. As Coulson used to say:

Don't get me wrong. I really like Hunter and Bobbi as characters. But to let them carry a whole show? I'm speculating right now because details about the project are scarce. I only know that Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood will topline the show. That's about it. I suppose the Whedon family won't be involved in the making of it and this could turn out to be significant. I have to postpone my final judgement until i have seen the new show if it ever comes fruition.

The problem i have with their departure is that the writers didn't leave an option open for them to come back in case Most Wanted doesn't work out. It all felt so final. I'm definitely going to miss them on AoS and the show will definitely not be the same without them.

Mar 23, 2016
Coulson is right - look at Rebel Wilson. But yeah, Hunter's comedy needs to play off of an entire teams - his "Shake and Bake" comment recently is a perfect example. Playing off of Bobbi constantly is just going to get annoying and confirm why the characters got divorced. And Bobbi made May, Mack, and Fitz/Simmons better, more nuanced characters. It's a definite loss for the show, and diminishes Bobbi and Hunter as well.
Mar 23, 2016
Haven't decided. Ask me again after I watched a couple of episodes of the spinoff. As for AoS there is like two possibly three characters the show actually can't survive without (and no it's not FitzSimmons which incedently would be a cool spinoff idea) and I am actually looking forward to the fallout to losing Bobbi and Hunter.
Mar 23, 2016
I will watch it.
Mar 23, 2016
Just to make another show why do these writes want to ruin an already excellent one? I never understand that. I think Bobby is awesome but the whole idea of SHIELD is what makes her so.
Load More Comments