AMC Renews Talking Dead and Comic Book Men

Remember when AMC used to be full of shows about suave mystery men, drugs, and zombies biting people's faces off? Well that was all just a distraction so it could work on its ultimate plan: UNSCRIPTED PROGRAMMING! The network that put itself on the map with Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead has steadily increased its reality programming, and has renewed two of its unscripted series for second seasons.

Talking Dead, the live chat show talking about The Walking Dead, will return with 16 episodes, one for each episode of The Walking Dead. It's actually a pretty good show that's well executed in its simplicity. Plus, if you really like The Walking Dead but don't have any friends, it's a good way to pretend you do.

Comic Book Men comes from Kevin Smith and follows the "antics" (AMC's word, not mine) of the employees at Smith's New Jersey comic store. That's about the only nice thing I can say about it; the show is incredibly boring. It also has been renewed for 16 episodes.

Expect more reality fare on AMC as it pushes its way into full-time original programming.

Comic book men is awsome!!
i really wish we could get up to date television information WITHOUT the opinions of a single person. how dare you call any show boring? the nerve that takes. literally every person who reads this has to wade through your opinion to get to the facts. nice writing
Comic Book Men is both interesting and funny, if you're not into comics what's the point of reviewing it?Let alone even watching it in the first place. And don't be one of those people who defends themselves and says "I liked Iron Man 1", cause you'll be an idiot!
I like Comic Book Men. I will give you incredible predictable, but the laughs are genuine and overall result is entertaining.

No, I don't feel like I'm getting an education, but there are solid take away for those of us who prefer or Superhero in the form of a cartoon or movie Vs. a Comic Book or Graphic Novel.

I'm looking forward to season two and honestly based on AMC rotation, the have room to run this show, even if it's not prime time.

Congratulations on the renewal!
I think Talking Dead is an entertaining show and it explores some of the themes, answers or background from the viewpoint of the creators and viewers. I might have actually enjoyed Lost more if a show like this had been done.
I completely disagree with the author about Comic Book Men, and I don't know whether Tim is a comic book fan (I wouldn't bet on it), but if he is, he's a strange one. 4 knowledgeable comic guys & Kevin Smith standing around talking comics is comic fans' dream come true. Yes, some of the prearranged stuff and visitors is boring and goes nowhere, and the store owner is actually a d i c k - but that's not the point. The point is this extremely undervalued and underappreciated form of art gets its due - in a nerdy, obsessed way that it should! Case in point: I'm waiting for the all-girl cosplay episode.
He doesnt own it, hes the manager. But yes, he kinda is lol
Great news!
This is fantastic news! :) Both shows are great, so I hope they stick around. Talking Dead is a great calming-down-tool for people who have friends who watch Walking Dead at different times thus can't talk about it for days. Comic Book Men is both quirky and educational. The information/valuation you get on nerdy items is invaluable, especially if you frequent re-use stores and garage sales ;)
Most broadcasters stick this stuff on the Internet.
I had some interest in both The Talking Dead and Comic Book Men before they aired... after watching a couple episodes of each, I gave up on em both.

The main reason, I guess, is that they're boring. Hardwick's a cool dude and he's had interesting guests, but I guess I just don't love The Walking Dead enough to watch a whole series based on people talking about it. As for Comic Book Men... admittedly, I really only watched the show due to my fondness for Kevin Smith movies but don't actually have any interest in comic book stores.
I actually enjoyed Comic Book Men. I wouldn't say I loved it, but I like to have the TV on in the background while I am programming. Since I'm not really paying attention to it, I don't like putting on shows that I enjoy watching, or I miss everything, or stop doing work so I can pay attention to the show.

Comic Book Men fits right in the sweet spot for me, Its enjoyable enough to watch, but it never requires enough attention that I stop working to watch, and I never feel like I have missed anything if the episode ends and I can't remember anything that happened. Not sure that this is a ringing endorsement for the show, but there is something to be said for being the muzak of the TV world.

I agree with the comment about the Pawn shop stuff though. Not a fan of watching people get ripped off (Admittedly CBM is a lot better that most pawn shows in this respect). They should try focusing on people who are there to buy stuff maybe.

Talking Dead has been of no interest to me. I was not a big fan of Walking Dead after season 1, and actively disliked it at the mid season break. The last few episodes did turn me back onto liking the show though, so if it stays as good as the last few episodes I would probably give talking dead a shot. I do enjoy analyzing TV, or watching other people do it.
I get Talking dead. I actually think it might behoove them to make it and hour long.

I don't get Comic Book Men. It is weird and at the end of the episode you are left with the knowledge that you wasted an hour of your life watching out of shape middle aged men talking about comics.
But you've got no problem watching a bunch of people talking about a show? You're not into comics I guess, which tbh, begs the question: Why did you bother watching it?
Yes. If you read comics, you'd get it.
Really enjoy Talking Dead. Chris Hardwick is a great host for the show, so even without great guests it is still very watchable.

I'm a comic book fan but I really don't like Comic Book Men. I like Kevin Smith, but he's barely on the show and the rest of them are boring. The pawn shop stuff is where they really lose me though, I don't get pleasure from seeing people get ripped off.
I love Comic Book men, despite the views of this article's author.
so that's why Kevin Smith has been on Talking Dead so much in that ridiculous jersey thing. No offense Smith but it's just a muumuu made to look like a hockey jersey.

I looooove Talking Dead. and yes, I have no friends that like The Walking Dead so you're right there.