Arrow: As One Villain Dies, Another Rises

Arrow has been having a bit of a villain infestation this season.

First there was Black Siren (Katie Cassidy), and then Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) showed up. Then Cayden James (Michael Emerson) moved to the forefront, and even Anatoly (David Nykl) and Vigilante (‎Johann Urb) got in on the action. Cayden's little brotherhood of evil seemed all well and good, but now we realize that there was a wolf in sheep's clothing among his comrades. Or well... a really big wolf dressed like a smaller, way less intimidating wolf.

It turns out Ricardo Diaz (aka Dragon) was the one that staged the death of Cayden's son and framed Oliver (Stephen Amell) for it. Cayden confronted all of his teammates when presented with the altered video footage of his son's murder, but naturally they all ended up getting away.

Oliver and the two Team Arrows did manage to stop Cayden from detonating his bomb though, which is what counts at the end of the day. Unfortunately, they all think the big threat has passed. Sure, they know someone doctored the footage to pit the Green Arrow and Cayden James against each other, but they haven't sussed out why or who yet.

Arrow: Can Black Siren Still Be Redeemed?

Lucky for us Diaz was feeling chatty when he met up with Cayden James at the end of tonight's episode. All he really ever wanted to do was take over Star City, which was made immensely easier with Cayden wreaking havoc on it. Now he's basically one mob boss to rule them all, with even the police captain on his payroll.

That's bad news for Star City, but worse news for Cayden James since Diaz stabbed him in the neck in order to keep his secret. As one villain falls another one rises, we guess? RIP Cayden.

Arrow airs Thursdays at 9/8c on The CW

(Full Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS, The CW's parent company.)

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Feb 09, 2018
I have a feeling that Diaz isn't working alone and that Alena, the woman from Helix who is now helping out the team, is working with him and has been since the beginning. She would have the expertise to alter the photo and video to frame Oliver and could have been planted in Helix by Diaz from the beginning to manipulate James.
Feb 09, 2018
Arrow, mi amor. We had a good run but this is where we part ways. I told you on day one, the second William puts himself In harm's way, I'm out. So you keep living your best life, kiss your mom's on the cheeks for me, and make sure the kids know it had nothing to do with them.
Feb 09, 2018
Ha LOSER
Feb 09, 2018
Yeah, I can't imagine why a lot of people die around Oliver. Given he goes after crime lords and murderers and all.

It was nice to see that Rene lacks any kind of self-awareness. Besides his comment above, his total lack of self-awareness when one of his teammates told him to stay out of the way when she was outvoted speaks volumes for their "lets make decisions as a team" attitude. I don't recall Oliver ever telling the Outsiders to stay out of his way and prepare to kill someone. But I guess that "changes nothing".

Then again, I'm still trying to work out why last week he was willing to let his daughter die along with a few million other people, and instead help Dinah find Vince, rather than help search for the bomb. Particular after Vince insisted on going on the suicide mission even after Oliver told him not to.
Feb 09, 2018
I can't stand the other team...Rene omg if I hear him saying nothing has changed hoss....I am going pull out my hair....and Dinah...someone put her out of our misery....Like I said I am always rolling my eyes when they get screen time...
Feb 09, 2018
I don't mind Curtis, but he seems to be the one aware that they're kind of hypocritical. Like i said elsewhere, you get the impression that they haven't had to make the tough calls Oliver has ("We have to abandon Vince to save millions!") because the writers would rather make Oliver look like a jerk and set up a mini-"Civil War".

Last week's "voting" in favor of looking for Vince was the easy decision for the Outsiders, or New Team Arrow, or whatever. As long as they don't have to worry about the millions who could have died because of their decision, including Rene's own daughter. Dinah's accusation that Oliver would have gone after Felicity rather than save the city, is a) hypothetical, b) based on information she doesn't have, and c) doesn't seem to take into account what he would do since he's become mayor.

Or did I miss an episode where Mayor Queen said, "Screw the millions of my consitutents: I'm going to let them die so we can save Felicity!"?
Feb 09, 2018